Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 30,641 to 30,660 of 96,484

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee I doubt that BotW, on the whole, will stress me out TOO much. XD The thing with Zelda games is that I usually try to do EVERYTHING. Talk to everyone, explore everywhere, max out all of my bombs/arrows/rupees/seeds etc., earn all Heart Container upgrades, pick up all mandatory and extra items, etc. I'm not sure I'll do quite all of that this go-around. XD I'll at least feel obligated to find and finish all the shrines, but I'll only collect the minimum Korok seeds needed for all the essential stuff. Hetsu's Gift seems like a BIT MUCH just to say that I've done something....

@ThanosReXXX That's a plus. I'm sure I really, truly will enjoy BotW. I am extremely easy to sidetrack depending on my state of mind. Sometimes, organizing the thoughts in my head is like trying to force a horde of rabid, obnoxious, highly caffeinated squirrels to line up in a silent, straight line. It's something I'm trying to work on. XD

Then there are other lengthy (according to HLTB) Switch games that I wanna play, like Skyrim, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler.....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Haha, train reference or not, I'm always happy with a like mind. And as it just so happened, I already mentioned the whole Groundhog Day thing a couple of pages ago, except to indicate that I absolutely LOVED the movie, but hated the similar mechanic in a game. I don't mind having to do things over in games the normal way, but keep that groundhog day stuff away from me. Far, FAR away...

@Ryu_Niiyama Well.... ALL the talk...

It was basically just @bimmy-lee and me.
But yes, great game, and happy to see them go forward another round. England's up next. Gonna be a tough one.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
I like the baseball cap (so stylish) 😎, basketball shoes (but not interested with the sport)😅, boxing gloves 😘, karate / judo outfit and shirtless sports (boxing, kickboxing, swimming, bodybuilding) 😍

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, prepared to be side-tracked... a LOT...
But you know, the way the game works, feels and plays, it REALLY doesn't matter at all.

I suppose you've seen some clips of it here and there, also of Link cooking and so on, a part I omitted earlier. You see, the time consumption isn't just in hunting down all kinds of ingredients, it's also about getting an increasingly better understanding of how to combine the ingredients into dishes that you'll need, either for a big boss fight or a specific area which will affect you in some kind of way (like a really hot or a really cold environment) if you don't possess the right piece of clothing yet.

And then, before you know it, you're first completely stuffing your inventory to the max with ingredients, and then transforming these into dishes, and then you've got half an empty inventory again, and guess what you're going to do with that...

It's not that the game forces or asks you to do that, it's just that you will WANT to do it, and all of it is fun.
I think I can honestly say that, save for a minor niggle or two, I've never enjoyed myself more than with the games in the Legend of Zelda series. They just keep getting better and better, and that E3 2019 trailer... man, just imagine how good that one is going to be...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter You know what's REALLY lame? Adults playing little kids games....

BAMMM, BABY!!!
BUUURRRRNNNNN!!!!

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Like Thanos points out, there’s not the same sense of urgency or funneling in BotW like you’ll find in other Zelda games. I think you’ll really enjoy it. I like to spend downtime hunting or cooking, myself. It’s very much like “Do Whatever You Want of the Wild”

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx P.S.

We should probably agree to forget about you ever having mentioned the caffeinated squirrels in your head, otherwise I'm going to have to start calling you Squirrel Girl...
Untitled

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Well, it's either that, or "Breath of the Leisurely Pass Time"...

Tyranexx

I just spent the better part of the last half hour typing up a post for the Games You Recently Beat thread and then LOST it by accidentally Xing out the tab.... headdesk

@ThanosReXXX Soooo....I should prepare to give up all of my gaming time to BotW for awhile then. Got it. Maybe I will switch between games more when playing that one. I try not to play more than 2-3 at once so that I'll actually finish something unless I discover I don't particularly like a game. I also try to play different genres at once.

I'm gonna assume Squirrel Girl is Marvel Universe. There are so many heroes these days that it's hard to keep track of them all....

@HobbitGamer For some reason, your comment reminds me of this gif:

Untitled

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Oh, dear... Squi... errr, I mean Tyranexx is using the wrong image uploader again...
All I can see is "Untitled"...

But all kidding aside, it's entirely possible to not let Zelda BotW take over all your time, but it WILL take up a LOT of your time. But what we're basically saying, is that it doesn't matter, because it's so enjoyable to play. It's almost like a virtual vacation:

Just wanna go mountain climbing? You can DO that!
Wanna go hunting? You can DO that!
Wanna go rafting? You can DO that!
Wanna go parasailing? You can DO that!
Wanna go and investigate some deserted ruins? You can DO that!
Wanna go catch and tame some wild horses and take 'em for a ride? You can DO that!
Wanna go fishing? You can DO that!
Wanna do some outdoor cooking? You can DO that!
Wanna finish off some Bokoblins? You can DO that!
Wanna solve some shrine puzzles? You can DO that!

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the ULTIMATE staycation!

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx And yes, Squirrel Girl is indeed from the Marvel Universe. She actually beat me, errrr.... Thanos, by overrunning him with (an almost unending wave of) squirrels...

Probably caffeinated ones...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter No worries, my friend. I'm just having a bit of fun with you, because I know you'll fall for it.
A small tip: if I use capital letters, and a lot of exclamation signs, it's just a joke.

However, I really AM a soccer fan, though. I can understand not everyone liking the same sports, but saying another sport is lame, is a bit too much, in my opinion. Perhaps you can simply say that you don't like it instead. In that way, you're still able to express your opinion, but without bashing other people who do like it.

Tyranexx

Untitled

Hopefully this one works.

@ThanosReXXX I'll likely end up balancing BotW with RPGs when I play it. From what I understand - though I've tried to avoid spoilers for the most part - it's not exactly story-heavy compared to most previous installments. Which is fine. Part of the reason why I balance JRPGs and other text-heavy games with other genres is to give my brain a break from words sometimes. XD

I'm still trying to process how an unending wave of squirrels would beat someone like Thanos....Eh, it's the weekend. I'm done processing. 🤪

Edited on by Tyranexx

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, sick as I have personally been (for quite a long time, I might add), about such an ignominious defeat of my favorite bad Marvel character, I've always compared it to us "mere" mortals being overrun by ants, bees, or any other creepy-crawlies: as long as more than enough of them are coming from all sides, which would effectively turn into the aforementioned "unending wave", not even a strong human could stop them.

And obviously, Squirrel Girl is not just a zoo keeper with a preference for tree hugging rodents, and the beasties themselves also aren't your bog-standard ones. They are all mind-controlled, or rather: mentally linked on another level, with the girl. As such, they act kind of like a hive mind, and she is the conductor. And seeing as the link is direct, so is the transformation of what she thinks into an action that they perform.

So, end result: Mad Titan suffocating in an enormous, flowing blanket of little fur balls...

As for Zelda: it's basically the same recipe as always, where text is concerned. Some characters/NPC's only have a few lines of text, but others will tell you entire stories, but yeah, on average, it certainly isn't anything remotely close to the more serious, hardcore RPG's.

But it's not less than in any other Zelda game. I think that some people are under the impression that it's less in this installment, simply because of the open world structure. In earlier games, you were always funneled towards the next town, the next character and so on. Now, you can literally spend hours roaming around, having fun, doing all the stuff I mentioned earlier, without ever having to talk to a single character.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Good luck against Italy then. Pulling for multiple teams has to be stress inducing when it gets this intense. You’re gonna need a staycation in Hyrule!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx P.S.

Yup, picture works now.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Haha, maybe so, but I think I'll be alright. Actually, rooting for two teams is easier, because if one loses, I've still got a second one left, so for me, it's win-win, even if they end up against each other in the finale, chances of which will increase enormously after the Dutch beat the Italians tomorrow, and the US beats the English come Tuesday.

And realistically speaking, although both will be tough matches, I think that they can both succeed in doing that, meaning that they'll both be only one more match away from facing each other.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Yes, that gif is spot on!!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic