Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 30,541 to 30,560 of 96,507

bimmy-lee

Thanks all for the kind words. It does mean a lot because parenting can feel like constant failure. It’s a humbling endeavor. I was also big into Legos as a kid. The themed sets are just about all you can find in store these days, and they’re outrageously expensive. Luckily, I found a used toy shop years ago, and they sell big bags of regular Legos for cheap. The owner told me he pretty much has an endless supply, so I bought out the entire shelf, took them home, soaked them in soapy water, dried them out, and now they have a giant bin full of them. My kids love them too. It’s fun to see your kids enjoy something you also enjoyed. Thanks again.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Ah, pineapple cream cheese. A rare treat over here, these days. Used to be VERY popular in the nineties, but the anti-pineapple ninjas must have stepped in at some point, because save for a few specialty stores, it's almost completely disappeared nowadays.

@bimmy-lee I don't know if (part of) that comment was for me, because you forgot to tag anyone, but if so, you're more than welcome. It isn't really hard to notice that you're a more than okay person, so if even half of that rubs off on your kids, then we've got yet another couple of decent passengers to populate mother ship Earth...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@RedderRugfish Ah, okay. Well, it's the same series, so I'd suspect the gameplay is more or less the same, and the game will probably be just as enjoyable as the GBA version.

This is the one that I own:

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Man, thank you, I’m honored. It felt like enough people responded to my post with kind words that I was a bit overwhelmed. Yes, that comment was meant for you, @DenDen , and @HeavyArms55 . You all responded in kind to my post.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

Graveyard Keeper is neat from the few minutes I snuck away to play it. But I didn't even think about saving; it's the same as any farming game, gotta sleep to save. So I'll be doing to beginning section again this evening, haha. From about 15 minutes, the buttons are very minimal, the ambient music is pleasant, the dialogue is dryly humorous, and the visuals are nice.

Now 5 more hours of work

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer thats all fine and dandy, but have you ground up a body and sold it to the butcher shop yet? That's what we all are dying to hear

except Maybe our buddy anti 😉

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee > kindly nods and tips imaginary hat... <

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

DenDen

HobbitGamer wrote:

Graveyard Keeper is neat from the few minutes I snuck away to play it. But I didn't even think about saving; it's the same as any farming game, gotta sleep to save. So I'll be doing to beginning section again this evening, haha. From about 15 minutes, the buttons are very minimal, the ambient music is pleasant, the dialogue is dryly humorous, and the visuals are nice.

Now 5 more hours of work

Got the game as wel!
Going to try it tonight I cant wait

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature A first task has you do something similar. Your character’s reaction is funny.
And you subsequently then learn the recipe for burgers...😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - These must be a local GA product, but Hobbit has been shipping me these amazing kielbasas from a company I’ve never heard of: Soylent Sausage Company. They have a unique flavor, but they’re really good. One of them appeared to have a tattoo, but I think sometimes livestock farmers do that to identify their pigs.

Hey, I want to make sure I finish The Messenger before the DLC, but I don’t want to look online and spoil anything. I just entered the tower of time. Can you give me a rough percentage of where I’m at in the main campaign?

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee so you're telling me hobbit has been with holding sausage from Me? Wow...that sounds wierd when you say it out loud 😂. Sounds good though. I'm a fan of any kind of sausage. Although I've never tried blood sausage yet. I'll have to see how to get that sausage on order from ga.

As for messenger I think the first time you get to or complete the tower of time you're about 1/3 of the way thru, from what i remember, but i could be wrong. I played it about 9-10 months ago. And i recall the tower of time was a real head banger throw your switch at the wall type of level. Especially the boss.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@RedderRugfish Definitely looks like a sequel, they certainly revamped the graphics. The sound on this version is definitely inferior, though. I've always liked the Genesis, but coming from the Commodore Amiga, and knowing mostly Nintendo-only gamers besides that, I've always found the Genesis sound to be a bit tinny. Of course, skilled developers were definitely able to work around that, but in this particular game, the sound difference is the first thing that I noticed.

Might still give it a go, though. In fact, I probably already have it, since I once downloaded a complete collection of Sega Genesis ROMs for use with my various systems and emulators.

@HobbitGamer As for that Graveyard Keeper game: I do remember having read about it, probably on here, so they must have done an article on it at some point. But although it does sound somewhat entertaining, from the way you describe it, it still isn't for me. Aside from the specific topic, I've never been much of a farming game-type fan.

I actually did buy Harvest Moon for the GameCube, back in the day, but after a bit of dabbling for a couple of days, I already lost interest in it, so I think I better stick to buying games that I actually will play for more than a couple of days...

Eel

The harvest moons in the gamecube both fall on very different sides of the harvest moon spectrum.

One is super slow, super chill, semi realistic, with weird experimental mechanics, and a few interesting characters.

The other one is super chibi, definitely not realistic at all, with traditional HM mechanics, a ton of one-note characters that might as well all be stationary signposts.

Both have things I like and dislike about them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Thanks! I better pick up the pace then. I was slaying this game right up until I reached the ice cavern, then I got my first bit of NES rage. That’s when I realized I was probably still pretty early in the game and everything prior had been a secret tutorial. Great game. Big sausage fan here as well. Sausage withholders are the worst! Blood sausage is not my favorite, but you should try it sometime. You ever had scrapple? It’s a Pennsylvania specialty.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee I can tell you it took me about 10 hours to complete. But I used the hints alot which you can buy from killing enemies and getting currency. I'd much rather have those hints than spend 2 hours searching for where im supposed to go.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel I believe I have the chibi one. Starts with taking over a farm, from a deceased father, if I remember correctly. Then you get to name a dog and a cow, and the game then goes on from there.

@bimmy-lee "Sausage withholders are the worst!"

You've no idea how funny that looks, if you read it with an understanding of Dutch words...

The Dutch word for sausage is "worst" (similar to the German "wurst"), so what you basically said there is "Sausage withholders are the sausage!"...

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee I will when its presented to me for sure. I'll try anything once. I've heard of scrapple from t.v. shows but never tried it. Its kind of like head cheese right?

NintendoByNature

Eel

@ThanosReXXX

No, that's the semi realistic one. Not super realistic graphically mind you, it's still very stylized, but mechanically. it features things like you having to breed your cows for them to produce milk, and you growing old with time (and then you die). Although it's kinda sad because you die at like your late 40's early 50's..

Compared to the other one, though, its hyper realistic graphics.

Imagine, the twilight princess to a wind waker. But down a few notches on the overall chibi scale for both.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

So I try to catch up from the last day, and all I can make out that's happened here is @NintendoByNature badly wants @HobbitGamer 's sausage, but he's withholding it from him.

I'm so glad I spend the time to come here and catch up.....

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic