Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 30,481 to 30,500 of 96,472

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Yes, Rocky thinks he’s super fierce. He’s got the terrier speed, and covers the 3/4 acre backyard in about 3 or 4 seconds when he sees something. He’ll back at joggers and walkers, until they pay attention to him. If his commands go ignored, he’ll just stare and bark until they’re out of sight.
Jack has it very good. I even have a harness so sometimes I’ll walk him around the back with me. He thinks he’s smaller than he is, and always wants to share sleeping space with Rocky.
Fun fact; if you put too much formaldehyde in a person, they’ll begin to ‘sit up’. And depending on the conditions, gassed escaping the body can vibrate the vocal chords. My mother learned things like this when she was young and the embalming parlor wall was being renovated; it was a shared wall with her bedroom, with a painter’s curtain hung between.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Oh man! What life lessons your mother learned. You know, it takes special people to do that work, from the anatomical preparation to helping the bereaved through their difficult process. In my dealings, the people at the funeral home have done everything possible to ease the burden. I had heard about the trapped gas/vocal cord situation, I think maybe I learned that from Return OTLD, but formaldehyde sit ups is a brand new terrifying tidbit. My wife dissected a cadaver in grad school, and the smell of formaldehyde just permeated her clothes. It’s a smell I’ll never forget. Kinda like how I’ll never forget how that zombie in the park smelled.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I agree with regards to the way they handled Lily's mother. I thought USUM tried to tone down how crazy and cruel she was, but that was what made her interesting. USUM tried to make her almost as much a victim as an antagonist and far less cruel and that was lame.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Yeah, it’s definitely a work of passion. Another one of those trades people don’t really think about.
That reminds me, did you ever see the old Phantasm movies?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

@Heavyarms55 Well, in one she becomes corrupted by the ultra beast, in the other she obsessed over stopping necrozoma instead.

She's really the same character, but in two different circumstances.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 On one hand, I'm glad that there was a proper resolution in regards to Lusamine this time around. One of the things that bothered me in Sun was that we didn't really know what happened to her post-fusion other than she was taken to Kanto to get therapy (IIRC). On the other, while I think they still captured her selfish personality fairly well, I felt that the revised version in Ultra Sun was less...interesting.

It could also just be that I'm drawn more to the previous plot twist, too. XD I went into both games blind story-wise and was genuinely surprised by a couple of things.

I could've also done without some of the new extras like the Alola Photo Club and the very chatty Rotom (Which wasn't bad at first and was almost welcome at times, but it eventually got old....), but I'm sure others enjoyed those aspects. I think my favorite thing they added this time around was Mantine Surfing; I thought it was nice to offer an alternative way to move between islands if you so chose.

@HobbitGamer I'm curious now. How did your mom end up next store to a funeral parlor? Coincidence? I'm sure that made for an interesting childhood!

I can attest that formaldehyde is horrible. I remember when the anatomy/physiology class was dissecting cats in high school. The process was done during a particularly warm early May, and MAN did the hallway reek for a couple days.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

DenDen

Of all the final fantasy games on the switch, whats your favorite do you own all of them also physical?

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I felt like the photo club was such a wasted oppertunity! We could effectively have had Pokemon Snap 2 as a full fledged sub-game built into a main series title... Instead we got an incredibly bare bones feature that served almost no purpose beyond adding a little flavor to the game.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

Morpheel wrote:

Apparently there's a bowling minigame in Breath of the Wild and I have never ever seen it in-game

Wait, WHAT?

Never knew or heard about that, but come to think of it, it's something that you might definitely expect from Nintendo, to hide fun stuff like that in their bigger titles.

@bimmy-lee I'm certainly hoping that they're still going to show us something nice, because all this isn't really good for my ticker. Too much tension and frustration...

You know, from as far as I've got to know you (as far as you can really get to know anyone online), I'd suspect you to actually be crazy enough to do catch a plane to watch a sports match. Well, crazy... not entirely, because this time, it's a world championship, and that's something that many of us can only witness a small handful of times, or maybe even only once in a lifetime.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Well it was out in the Midwest, and that house had both the parlor and residence in it. It sounds like it was interesting, for sure. Between the family businesses and certain unsavory characters moving from New York to Vegas, there’s no shortage of interesting tales.

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Absolutely, I know I’ve seen the first two multiple times. The Tall Man freaked me out when I was a kid. I think my wife and I binged the first three many years ago too. I like a bunch of Don Coscarelli’s movies. I’m in for any horror set around a funeral home, graveyard, or morgue featuring reanimation. You’re a fan as well? Those are cult classics. I recently streamed a decent movie on Netflix, The Autopsy of Jane Doe. Jane isn’t as she appears. Things don’t go well.

@ThanosReXXX - Well, you’ve correctly deduced I’m crazy enough to do it, but it would need to be an alternate universe me with no young kid responsibilities. Since Amsterdam is a place I definitely plan to visit, why not during the World Cup, and why not watch the finals with the almighty Thanos? When it’s all over, and we’re laying on a cold slab, it’s all about the experiences we had. I want my friends and family to laugh, tell stories, shake their heads, and wonder how I made it to the age I made it to.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

Check this out.
Untitled
LOL 🤣🤣🤣
I found that sign on the road, near of the road maintenance project this evening.

Anti-Matter

TheAwesomeBowser

On another note, R.I.P. Etika.
Untitled

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - What does the sign say, “Slow down and protect the workers”?

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Translate:
Slow down, dude (bro there was mean brother)
There is a drainage project.

But the funny part, it used SlowBro as the sentence of "Slow down, dude" 🤣🤣🤣

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - Ha, I see, that’s a nice little pun then. Thanks for sharing and translating!

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic