Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,601 to 29,620 of 30,555

Morpheel

Maybe a blue something or other.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

A blue tunic for link in links awakening remake art style

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Ah, only got the blue set, huh? Must have cost quite a bit, then.
Well, in that case, the choice will probably be limited to Mega Man, Sonic, a Smurf, the Tick or Cookie Monster...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Morpheel

I guess you're not limited by the color of what you are drawing, just the color you can use to represent it.

And yeah, the four piece set was about 16-17 us dollars. I can't imagine how much it would cost to get a full set with all the colors.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

ha ha well I am more of a Sony gal @ThanosReXXX ... only ninty products I own are a sadly broken SNES, a DS with a broken touch screen and a 2DS with a dodgy R button... Got all my main playstation consoles though

Oh and I have a Pikachu N64 but I'm selling that.

Still Nintendo always do interesting things... like to keep up with the news too. Probably get a switch if I could afford it

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

"No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering" - Hollow Knight

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Well, you could of course get the basic sets and mix colors. With a red and yellow set to compliment the blue one, you can make all kinds of mixes and gradients, that'll prevent you from having to get green, orange, purple and brown sets...

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy So, a 2DS has been your most recent Nintendo device? That's quite a while ago, then. Never had any cravings for the Minis either? But it is true, they are always doing something interesting at some point, so in regards to that, I can understand you wanting to keep tabs on them.

And who knows? Perhaps that Switch will get a whole lot cheaper in the months following this year's E3.
Even if that's not the case in the short term, there's always another Black Friday or holiday sale to look forward to...

All I can say is that it is most definitely worth it. I basically own all Nintendo consoles (edit: and almost all handhelds) ever since I started buying Nintendo hardware during the N64 days (never had a NES or SNES, but I remedied that by buying both Mini consoles), but the Switch is really the most enjoyable one so far. And the most important thing, much like all of their toys, it does really exude that typical Nintendo magic, that no other brand has been able to copy, much less equal, to this day.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

I once tried to draw. I was praised for my avant-garde approach to modern art and demonstration of existentialism in my impressionist composition.

NEStalgia

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Mmm not really @ThanosReXXX Never did get into the SNES, it was my dad's really. I couldn't play mario all stars for more then half an hour.

Partially down to skill admittedly but it didn't fully grab me either... 3 was best though 😅

PS1 was what really made me a gamer... Spooked the heck outta me though with Resi 1... them polygons are still spooky

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

"No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering" - Hollow Knight

HobbitGamer

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Your weekend homework is to go play EarthBound on an SNES, haha.
My friend brought his PS1 and RE2 for a sleep over in junior high. I couldn't get over the background moaning of the zombies in the street from the first part. If I imitate it decades later, I still get goosebumps.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

I remember playing re1 on gamecube in my bedroom with my buddies, always with the lights on, and always tossing the controller to one of them when stuff got too real hahah. I wasn't into resident evil on ps1 so it wasn't until the gamecube that had me hooked on the series.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

So, now that we know the second set of games coming to the Genesis Mini, I just have to pray to the God I don't believe in that everything turns out fine emulation-wise, because goddamn if this system doesn't have a stellar line-up so far. I can't believe it's getting licensed Disney stuff, Contra: Hard Corps AND Castlevania: Bloodlines.

Ralizah

HobbitGamer

I played some of RE4 on Wii all by myself. That was the first time I could play one myself, I was boosted by courage from Eternal Darkness and then Doom on Xbox. Things got real very fast.
Another rough one (that I finished!!) was Alan Wake on 360. That game is the bee's feets, ya'll. Toss RE4, The Shining, Luigi's Mansion, and Twin Peaks in a blender; Out comes Alan Wake. Some of the things those creatures would say... There were quite a few moments I was screaming and standing up while trying to escape things.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Tried it a few years back, didn't really like it @AlohaPizzaJack

And I actually played the original Resi 2 & 3 recently after like five years since i last did so. Nemesis in particular still spooks the living daylights out of me thanks to his constant stalking of you throughout that ...

The resi 2 remake and Mr. X will send me batty when I eventually get it 😅

HobbitGamer

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy At least you can say you tried it! To be fair, I can't really enjoy turn based RPGs anymore FWIW. That game just has a childhood factor on my nostalgia meter.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

NintendoByNature

I'm actually struggling to decide which re to get next month. I have re 1 and 4 still on gamecube ( I never got into 4 so I've barely played it). I played quite a bit of re0 but never finished it. Part of me wants all 3 but that's alotta dough to drop in one shot. Of course I can get just the origins collection first since I really want to play thru 0 and 1 is my favorite in the series. But since I never really played 4 i want to see if all these years later I have a different tune toward it.

NintendoByNature

Morpheel

I may consider 4 if it has pointer controls.

Then REmake on the go would be nice. Though I already have it on gamecube, and the DS version of the PS1 original.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

NintendoByNature

I'm suprised we don't know if there's motion or pointer controls yet for 4

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Even though friends of mine did own the original PSX, and I actually was somewhat impressed by the T-Rex demo, Sony never managed to grab me personally, with any of their gaming products. I chose the N64 because of the far more stable 3D, instead of the PSX with it's (to me) highly annoying "wibbly-wobbly heat wave" effect 3D.

Just in case you've ever wondered about that: this was due to Sony choosing for fixed point calculation, which doesn't allow for as much localization of precision as the N64's superior floating point calculation, and means that a developer actually needs to think relatively carefully about game distance units. Choosing a fixed point of reference means you have to adjust the entire level, AND all camera points to that point/these points, in a game or level, in order for all of them to move in perfect unison.

And of course, these older consoles had severe limits concerning draw distances anyway, meaning that programmers had to be VERY smart about calculating (and using) these reference points.

Somehow, it does seem that most Sony developers either didn't care, or just thought the drawbacks vs the benefits were small enough to ignore, since most PSX titles have this effect going on pretty much all of the time.

In contrast, floating point calculates (and corrects) on the fly, which might create a bit more pop up here or there, but always give you a correct and more stable representation of a 3D object.

And contrary to a lot of N64 haters, I actually also preferred the N64's softer, smoother polygons, as opposed to Sony's harsher representation, making everything look like it was built with Ministeck bricks.

Oh, well. To each their own, I suppose. And Sony did of course handle their marketing extremely well, which as a marketing man myself, is something I can appreciate, to a point. And they had far more games, something they would succeed in doing again for several more generations, so credits to them for that as well, but between my initial choice for Nintendo, and Sony's screw ups over the years, concerning dialing back backwards compatibility, messing up online and credit card data and what not, and coming up with all sorts of WAY to expensive proprietary media and peripherals, the choice has always been clear for me.

And for all the non-Nintendo stuff, I've always chosen the other side over Sony, so Microsoft is my go to third party triple A game console supplier of choice.

By the way: if you're spooked by things stalking you in games, you should try RE: Code Veronica...

@AlohaPizzaJack Completely agreed on Alan Wake. Great game.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Ahh! I see! Good to know. You're teaching the teacher @ThanosReXXX

I STILL have the PS1 disc with the T-Rex and Manta ray on. That's the one thing my mom always remembers about the PS1 and Abe (From the Oddworld games)

She could actually "play" the trex demo too... besides button mashing in fighters and winning half the time somehow 😅

Oh and I've got the PS2 version of code Veronica. I don't recall a constantly stalking you enemy in it though like Nemesis in RE3 or Mr X in RE2: Remake... but it has been a while

Well I hope earthbound never falls out of your favour then @AlohaPizzaJack , and maybe you'll atart liking RPGs again someday

ThanosReXXX

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy No, your memory hasn't failed you: there was indeed no constantly stalking enemy in Code Veronica, but there were several of those moments, so I'd imagine if someone doesn't like stuff like that, then the amount or duration of it being in a game wouldn't really matter all that much...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic