Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,601 to 29,620 of 96,481

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Peak SNL for me was when he and Farley were young, Meyers and Carvey were in their early primes, and Phil Hartman was secretly the funniest comedian on the set. Lots of great musical guests. Good hosts, which wasn’t even necessary because the cast was so great. He earns HOF credentials in my book just for being a part of all that. But I had a very similar situation. Loved his first two albums, Billy Madison, and Happy Gilmore. A LOT. Then I just sort of moved on. I think comedy (probably all art) can be that way. Certain things can mean a lot to you for a little while, while other things stick with you for life.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee @NintendoByNature Did y’all see the movie where he’s a shoe cobbler? I really enjoyed it. Same vibe as Click and Bedtime Stories. I have him up there with Robin Williams, Bill Murray, and Will Farrel in my book. He’s got such a varied range.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

I still haven’t seen that one. I liked Click. I enjoyed Punch Drunk Love mainly because I thought he had a dramatic performance somewhere in him. I thought the same of Farley, but alas. He also nailed my favorite scene in Airheads. “Swimmin Pools”. He does have good range, he’s just one of those comedians/actors who seems to put a small part of himself in every role, which can lead to people saying he plays the same character every time. That’s a good list of comedic actors. It’s hard to list people in comedy because of the variety of comedic mediums. The people who have made me laugh hardest regardless of medium are probably Sandler, Farley, Steve Martin, Murray, and Dave Chapelle. I think Chappelle’s show is the funniest TV show ever, and it will stay that way, because nothing like it will ever be on television again.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Oh, not yet. 😅
This month i will have long holiday so i will start to draw some Avian Kickboxers and of course... My Chibi Boxers for Calendar 2020.
Wait until Arnold the Eagle finish. 😉

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Yeah the same “complaints” could be said about the others, but I think it’s what makes their styles unique and recognizable. oh man, Chapelle Show is great. Key & Peele comes a bit close, but Chapelle has more emotion in it. If you’ve not seen them, watch Will Farrel in Everything Must Go and Bill Murray in St. Vincent. Steve Carrell has really come into his own over the years, too. I tend to like dark or dry comedy now.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - I remember thinking after every Chappell’s Show, “I cant BElieve that actually aired on television.” It was so ground breaking, and even better now than it was then. Amazing that it aired on the same night as Arrested Development. Some great channel flipping back in the last dying days of television as it had always been known.

I’ve meant to see the two movies you referenced. I’m easily distracted by bad horror movies, which has created a backlog of sorts for me concerning other movies. It’s okay though, be it through desensitization, or changing values concerning comedy; horror movies have become comedies to me, so I share your creeping darkness. I laughed twice during Hereditary (which is really saying something), and both times, my wife looked at me like horns had begun to sprout from my head.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - Okay, thanks for the update. This gives me something to look forward to. I already anticipate the big reveal.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee @HobbitGamer I liked click but haven't seen cobbler. Forgot about that's my boy. I actually really liked that. That type of humor was basically in his stand up. If you're into that type of humor. Love Will Ferrell too. I can pretty watch anything he makes and laugh. Haven't seen everything must go though. But... I did watch kicking and screaming and really enjoyed it. And dont even get me started on Chappelle show. That was THE thing for me and my buddies in high school to watch. So many great skits running thru my head I can't even type on this thread 😂

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I know, hilarious and un printable. That’s why I think it will never be topped, on television/Netflix/Prime/etc. We don’t laugh about our differences anymore. We fight about them.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Ah, okay. Completely overlooked the "Greek connection" in your comment, there.
My bad, I guess. Hey, Thanos, look who looks stupid now...

@NintendoByNature He always was a pretty good comedian before he started making movies, so I'm not that surprised you enjoyed yourself, but good that you did.

@Tyranexx Well, glad to see that we all share the same "oh no, my house" disability...

@Anti-Matter Time for some positivity again, after my previous comment to you...
Even though as you know, I'm not really a fan of the whole chibi/muscular man-child thing, I do think those are really nice drawings. And as always, I really like your use of color tones and gradients, which shows you have a natural understanding of how those things are supposed to look, and how light and dark is correctly displayed in images.

I would love to see how all of these would look in realistic form, though. Too bad that I myself don't really draw anymore. Just no time or taste for it nowadays, otherwise I might have been tempted to do my own version of these...

@bimmy-lee @HobbitGamer @NintendoByNature I also liked Sandler in the two Grown Ups movies, and of course, there's the classics, such as Big Daddy, You Don't Mess with the Zohan, Anger Management and Happy Gilmore.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Ha, I forgot about Zohan. I also thought of Bulletproof today as well. Not great, but better than the 8% approval rating on rotten tomatoes. Billy Madison is my favorite. The whole thing feels like Andy Kaufman to me all these years later. Sandler got his first shot at a movie, and he made THAT. It’s very punk. Good stuff. With all this Sandler talk, it’s hard not to bring up Norm McDonald. They worked perfectly together. Norm is funnier now than ever.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Thank you. 😀
Chibi style is my signature drawing right now.
And as usual, i will prepare my Chibi Boxers every year for my next calendar. Also, i will draw with Hand drawing style for my side project.
Btw, bimmy-lee is waiting for my Avian kickboxer Arnold the Eagle and other Avian kickboxers. 😉

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Norm cracks me up. I still remember his SNL celebrity jeopardy skits.
That reminds me, there’s a comicon in Savannah near the end of October. It’ll have Ernie Hudson! I’ve never been to a con, but I’ll go since it’s 45 minutes away, and has Winston. Only $15, too.

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - You have to get a pack of Twinkees autographed. You just have to.

@Morpheel - England!

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Oh that’s an amazing idea!! I will.

#MudStrongs

Ninfan

@Morpheel Anthony Joshua .Andy Ruiz jr knocked him down loads of times

Ninfan

Tyranexx

I like a lot of Sandler's stuff, but admittedly a lot of the more recent movies have been kind of meh. I liked the first Grownups movie but wasn't too fond of parts of the second one. That's My Boy was...sorry...kinda stupid IMO. As for Jack and Jill...I'm glad I missed that one. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic