Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,341 to 29,360 of 32,938

RedderRugfish

I've never played the game but noticed a lot of people suddenly saying it was bad. Probably had something to do with that Jon Tron video.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Morpheel

The second half of the game feels like they ran out of time and just pushed forward with what they had.

I do like the game though.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

220km would get me to the middle of my state.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Yeah, it kinda feels like that indeed. I will probably always keep wondering what it would have been like, if Nintendo hadn't forced Rare to shoehorn Star Fox into the game, but just allowed for it to be Rare's own Dinosaur Planet. Not saying that this would have been a guarantee for a better/more balanced game, but perhaps the second half being what it is, may also be due to the original story not really fitting Star Fox characters and lore, and as such, they probably had to build around what was always a bad idea in the first place.

But regardless, it still has its charms, and it certainly is a Rare game, so I've never regretted buying it for a single second.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Morpheel

Yeah we may never know. Apparently it was also during the Microsoft transition. So that probably affected development as well.

On the subject of tea, I found regular black tea.

I guess I can add lemon or something.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Link-Hero

@ThanosReXXX
Yeah, I don't like coffee for the same reason. Haven't put anything in tea to "enhance" it as I forgot you could do something like that at the time. But, I don't think it'll help much as I've already done it with coffee in the past. No matter how much sugar or cream I put into the drink, the same bitter taste would not go away for me. I put so much sweetener into the beverage that it probably wasn't considered coffee anymore to the average person.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Well, in all fairness, if you compare the two, then I'd say that coffee without sweetener is about 5 to 6 times more bitter than tea without any sweetener, so that's hardly comparable. In a normal sized cup, two cubes of sugar should be more than enough to neutralize the slighter bitterness of tea, and besides doing that, it also enhances any fruity flavors that a tea might have.

Tea only tastes really bitter, if you let it sit for a longer time, but if you just swig the bag around a couple of times, until the hot water is just slightly colored instead of almost coffee black, then it should be just fine.

And with coffee, it's more or less the same. Maybe it would need a bit more sugar, but you could also use milk, creamer or whipped cream to take the edge of the bitterness.

The only other thing I can think of, is that you're simply very sensitive to bitter tasting things, which would make it stand out for you, and overrule any other thing you might taste, in which case, it would make a lot more sense that you really don't like the taste of either tea or coffee.

Just to test that theory: how do you fare with radish, grapefruit, cranberries, tonic, bitter lemon and chicory? (provided you've ever eaten/drunk any of it, once or several times)

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Morpheel

Bitterness is an acquired taste.

It's one of those things you hate at first, but then grow to like with time.

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Well, far as tea and coffee are concerned, I still use sweetener. Don't like it without.
The other things I mentioned, I actually do eat and drink without additives.

Morpheel

I add a bit of milk to coffee to froth it up. Tea goes unsweetened unless it's gonna be iced. Chocolate as dark as possible.

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Do you mean hot chocolate or bars of chocolate? In the case of the latter, I also like dark chocolate, but that is of course already sugared straight out of the factory.

As for bitter in general: it's probably true that for a large part, it's an acquired taste, but I've always been a bit of an outlier in that respect. I already ate pure lemon slices when I was 2...

Did take me some time to appreciate beer, though. I have always been more of a mixed beverages kinda person.

Morpheel

I meant bars, although dark chocolate goes much better in beverages than the regular cacao flavored sugar everybody uses too.

I think different bitter things are their own acquired taste. For example, I already mentioned liking coffee, chocolate and tea, but I don't like grapefruit, beer, or olives.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX That's pretty much what I've been doing: playing small sessions of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts when it hits me, then washing the bitterness away with games like Super Mario World.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun (post-game), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Link-Hero

@ThanosReXXX @Morpheel
I don't think I ever had tea with any kind of fruit in it. That doesn't sound too bad actually depending on how much they overpower the bitterness. Everyone I know that drinks tea is always green, sweet, or iced.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Morpheel

They're very popular here in Mexico. Imagine a tea, where you put the loose tea by spoon in the cup, but instead of just tea leaves, it has small cubes of dried fruit.

Apple, cranberry, strawberry, passion fruit, kiwi, mango, etc.

Combine it with flower petals and/or regular tea leaves, and you have a nice time.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Anti-Matter

@Link-Hero
Try these teas in Indonesia.
You will like it. 🤓
They don't have any bitterness sensation after taste.
Untitled
Untitled

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

I’m in the middle of cooking Easter dinner. Steak kabobs with peppers, onion, and pineapple on them. I also felt adventurous and hollowed our some jalapeños, stuffed them with cheese, and foiled them up.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Well, we can definitely shake hands on olives: hate those things...

@Tyranexx Smart woman, you...

@Link-Hero Aha, that explains a lot. So probably only what's considered as regular tea then, huh?
Well, at least that opens up a whole truckload of options, in case you ever consider trying. As the old Chinese saying goes: there's a tea for every man... (and woman, of course)

@Anti-Matter We were mostly talking about real tea, as in cooked in a pot and then made with fresh ingredients, not that super-sweetened fake crap in a cardboard box. That's not tea, that's a soft drink with tea extract to make it taste like tea.

@AlohaPizzaJack Man, I have to admit, that sounds pretty damn tasty, just from reading it. Almost like a real life Breath of the Wild recipe...

EDIT:
And now that I wrote that down, I'm actually imagining all those ingredients dancing around in a frying pan, accompanied by some music and then magically turning into a meat skewer...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic