Posts 29,321 to 29,340 of 96,530

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Eeh...!!
1-2-Switch ?!
Try Telephone, Signal Flag, Wizard, Gorilla, Milk, Safety Crack. šŸ˜‰

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer niiiiice. After returning re0 I'm considering ac3. Let me know how it is in both docked and handheld

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Will do. Iā€™m jumping in now on handheld to do the beginning section, then going to dock after I switch to Connor. I just ran through the ā€œmovement tutorialā€ with Desmond, and it seemed fine to me. And some textures and light already do look good. I played the original version on 360, then a bit on WiiU and this does look and sound better so far. The text in handheld is clearly visible

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX That's a bummer. I'm fine with minor delays and generally try to plan for them, but several hours' worth? That's a big, unhealthy "ouch".

Speaking of buses, are you fully recovered from that nasty accident?

@NEStalgia They do still hold a couple of community events at this one. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if the part with the theater survives as its own building while the rest gets torn down. The theater company bought out part of the mall and is expanding/renovating into it.

While I wouldn't be sorry to see it go, it would displace a couple of fairly decent businesses as well as the location of my "seasonal job"....But there are always other locations i suppose.

@Morpheel: I'm hoping with my job change that they'll actually issue me a laptop so that I can work remotely if I really need to. I'd still need to be on location a lot of the time, but there's the occasional day where I have a lot to do around home. XD

Are you in web development by chance?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I already tried a couple of 1-2 Switch games, including Safe Crack (NOT Safety Crack), but seeing as they are all multiplayer games, it isn't really very useful to play them by yourself. I just wanted to own this title, to be able to show off HD rumble to other people.

@HobbitGamer Huh? That's not a Die Hard T-shirt at all...

As for Assassin's Creed III: it's odd how many positive user-reviews/first impressions I've seen on here, while practically all professional reviews of it are either mixed or bad. If you take a look at that Digital Foundry video that Nintendo Life posted, you wouldn't even want to be caught dead owning the game...

@Tyranexx Haha, well, I don't use the train to get anywhere, so a train strike isn't going to affect me at all, and in this time of the year, I mostly use the bike to get around, so even the (due to the upcoming train strike) over-crowded buses won't be bothering me. (edit: and the strike is only for one day)

And yes, fully recovered. Have been for around a week or six, I think. Thanks for asking.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

Hey yo! I love some good vintage mall talk. I have great memories of strolling through the arcade with a couple dollars in quarters jingling in my pocket, slurping on an Orange Julius, breathing in the second hand smoke, and strategizing way too hard on how to parlay limited time and money into a high score.

@ThanosReXXX - I also know no shame and want to get 1-2 Switch. Iā€™m digital only, and havenā€™t seen a discount deep enough to make me pull the trigger on a purchase. Thatā€™s a hefty new games list, so I doubt youā€™ve had too much time with it, but do you have any initial impressions. Right now, Iā€™m a buyer in the $20-25 range, but I could bump that up to $30 with a decent recommendation.

Edit - Sorry, just now saw your response to Anti regarding 1-2 Switch.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Actually, i can play 1-2-Switch Solo, just by myself. šŸ˜‰
Depend on what mini games you play, i did like these for examples:

1. Telephone = I put both my Joy Cons on flat surface and whichever Joy Cons i will pick first it depend on both my right and left hand. I pick both of my Joy Cons quickly and the result my right hand is more dominant than my left hand. Also, i can choose which side will be win and it depend on my mood.

2. Signal Flag = I use both of Joy Cons facing each other with my right and left hands. The way i play just following the instructions from either female or male announcer. If the female said "Right", i move my right hand to the Right direction facing backward from me while my left hand pointing at me as the "Right" way from my left hand.

3. Wizard = I will shake both of my Joy Cons with equal power then i will shake both of my Joy Cons like pushing each other. Which side will be win it depend on my right or left hand.

4. Zen = i just put both of my Joy Cons on the flat surface if i choose the meditate pose and i leave them motionless. I can make them Draw by not touching them at all until the time finished and which side should be win it depend on my mood. I can intentionally touch whichever Joy Cons to make it Lost. šŸ˜…

5. Quick Draw / Fake Draw = I grab both of Joy Cons facing each other (Right Joy Con facing to my left hand and vice versa). Which side will be win it depend which of my hand that really dominant. Mostly my right hand but sometimes i ended up by Shooting the Dirt due to wrong angle. šŸ˜…

Well, that's my way to enjoy 1-2-Switch by Solo playing.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Well...
I pretend i have my imaginary partner (my other hand) for playing 1-2-Switch Solo.
I use both of my hand to play mini games that requires moving my hands simultaneously, but i can choose which side should be win if the mini games requires take turn.
Btw, remember about me ?
I'm different, i can play the games from different angle including unusual way to play such as playing 1-2-Switch Solo, playing DDR with blindfold, making my Mii singing "Indonesian" lyric songs by typing some English words that have same pronounce as Indonesian spelling, etc.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Die Hard is a fantastic Christmas movie, as is Gremlins.

Yeah, I think the critic v user impressions really show the difference between judging a game on being better for review v fun. Same thing with Saints Row 3. Or Ark. not ever game is going to have GoW/Halo/Zelda production values. Itā€™s like people forgot that previous gens had stinkers, too.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Exactly I tried out a couple of games, but playing by myself, I was done with them pretty quickly. It really is THE showcase for the system's HD rumble function, but exclusively in a multi-player setting.

@Anti-Matter Well, I'm sorry, but I'd honestly say that's rather sad and pathetic. You're playing against yourself, which holds no challenge, excitement or fun whatsoever, and ultimately, you deciding which hand should win, is actually cheating, so none of that is anywhere near positive.

So, it's not about being different, it's just weird, and rather pointless because it's never a real result.

@bimmy-lee Well, I actually did spend quite a bit of time with my various purchases already, so I'll give you my initial impressions:

I bought 1-2 Switch for ā‚¬39.98, so that's probably too steep a price for most, considering what it is, but after having tried out several games, I can definitely see the potential for a lot of fun when played with the family or friends, regardless of how stupid some of the games might seem, if you read about them. And certain games truly show the strength of HD rumble, far beyond anything found in regular games.

Take for example the mini game that turns the JoyCon into virtual wooden boxes, in which a set number of marbles, rolling around in them, must be guessed. Intellectually, we know that the rumble engine is located in a fixed place inside the controller, and yet, as you slowly tilt the controller left and right, on a horizontal plane, as if indeed a wooden box with marbles in it, you still feel (and very convincingly so), the "marble" (or several marbles) going from one side of the controller to the other.

Which, again, isn't possible technically, since the rumble engine can only "move" (vibrate) in the spot that it's in, so although the rumble engine isn't moving, the feeling of the virtual marbles rolling completely from one end of the controller to the other, is still there, and that trickery of the mind is once again just a small, but rather enjoyable example of Nintendo's brilliance, and is another notch on the belt of "The Nintendo Difference". In my opinion, of course.

Better add that to it, seeing as this is the internet, after all...

Well, that's it far as advertising 1-2 Switch is concerned, on to the other purchases. I'll stick with the digital ones, seeing as you stated that to be your purchase, and perhaps you already own ARMS. (if not, still worth considering, regardless of the above $25 price tag, since that game too, is a great example of a highly entertaining multiplayer game, and the single player is pretty decent as well)

Anyway, moving on:
(and I'll make all the game names link directly to their eShop pages, so you can take a look for yourself)

Horizon Chase Turbo - if you're anything like me, and you either owned or played the classic racing games like Turbo Outrun, Top Gear or Lotus Turbo Challenge on any 16 bit system or the Commodore Amiga, and you like classic arcade racers, then this is pretty much a must-buy. Tons of tracks and cars to unlock, as well as a truckload of upgrades, and more. It's basically a love letter to all of those games.
If this is your type of game floats your boat, then you better get it now.

SteamWorld Heist - A great mix between turn-based strategy and an action game. I personally LOVE the art style, the comedy in the story and character interactions, and I've found it hard to put down, once you start playing. At the risk of repeating myself: if this type of game is what you like, then you should definitely get this, or at the very least put it on your I'm gonna buy this at some later point in time list...

Oh, and the Switch version is the Ultimate Edition, containing all the DLC from the Wii U version, which you obviously had to download separately before.

SteamWorld Dig - They (the developers themselves) call it "a platform mining adventure", but what it basically is, is a so-called Metroidvania type game, having both influences from Metroid, as well as Castlevania, but you probably already knew that. And obviously, I'll say that I love the art style, seeing as it's the same as in the SteamWorld Heist game (only with a different coat of paint, as you'll notice), and so is the character interaction/comedy, so that's 2 for 2...
Other than that, it's a highly entertaining, and enjoyable platformer, with some extra elements thrown in for variation and certainly to it's benefit.

I could have just made this a one-liner and say "just get all of Image & Form's games, because these developers know how to make great games at great prices", and it would be just as good of a recommendation than the more wordy ones that I've now used...

Valkyria Chronicles - A really great anime-style turn-based strategy game, that still holds up pretty well, regardless of it's age. The fourth game in the series is now also available on Switch, and if you look at this latest entry in the series, you'll see that there really isn't all that much of a difference in graphics or in style. Don't ask me what happened with parts 2 and 3 of this series, because it's the first time I've ever played any of the games in this series. But it is yet another game that I can easily recommend, both if you like anime-inspired games and if you like turn-based strategy games, such as Fire Emblem and so on.

Worms W.M.D. - Disclaimer: Worms has always been a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, ever since I've played the original game on the Commodore Amiga, so I know it's not for everyone. But I really like the games. They're often highly entertaining, both in single as well as in multiplayer matches, and a lot of the weapons are hilariously over the top.

If you like artillery-type games, and you could definitely also see this as a turn-based strategy games, then you could definitely do far worse than buying yourself a Worms game.

The great, or fun part about Worms games, is that the weapons also destroy and/or change the environment you're playing in, which is where the strategic part comes in, because of course, you shouldn't destroy parts where you or your team still need to go or have access to, but you DO want to destroy the enemy...

I myself own a Worms game for nearly every console and handheld that I own, except for the N64 and Game Boy Color, but again: I'm a fan so I am kinda biased...

Well, that's it for now. If you have any additional questions concerning any of these games, then don't hesitate to ask.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Well, I do believe that Ark on the Switch is a real stinker, so even if I would be interested in that game, then I'd probably get it on the Xbox One.

But concerning the review of Saints Row on the other hand, I really got the impression that the reviewer just didn't understand what the series is about, or what makes it tick, and if you don't, then you'll never be able to see it, much less review it, as intended.

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
But i found the fun by playing in unusual way like that. šŸ˜€
I found new way to enjoy the games, even the ridiculous one.
Like i challenge myself to working with my both hands, my right and left hand working together simultaneously, brain training. That's not easy to tilt both Joy Cons on opposite direction quickly for Signal Flag as i heard the instructions from either female or male captain. Whichever side win it depends from how well my hands coordination and how well i react.

Same case with Tomodachi Life. There is a Concert Hall where we can edit the lyrics to make our Mii sing based on our lyrics. Since it has been released on USA & PAL version, normal people will think to give them proper English or European language, but for me i can make my Mii singing in "Indonesian" language by type some words that have same pronounce with Indonesian language. For example, i want to make my Mii says "Nasi Goreng" (Fried rice in English) with perfect Indonesian accent, so i will type "Nah See Go Rank" and my Mii said that words in perfect Indonesian accent "Nasi Goreng". And i have made some of my Kecoak / "Ke chow wuck" songs (Cockroach songs) from Tomodachi Life and of course it was in "Indonesian" language. šŸ˜‰

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@rjejr ahh yeah, nec isn't a word heard in normal speak, but we're talking rails and it's a standard phrase that comes up in any actual rail conversation either with fans, modelers, or actual rail workers. Train conversation put me right into train conversation mode

And yeah, ny has a European level of rail/transit. Along with Chicago and s few others those are the only places. Dirty beyond compare though... LIRR is the largest by #of trains run railroad in the country. And only, like 5 cities have subways. If it wasn't built in the 1900s, it doesn't exist here...

Speaking if 1900s, how about the ny train tunnels.... The electrical in there was made when Thomas Edison was still alive.... Paper insulation... Crumbling walls. LIRR may become the worlds first submarine rail system!

Heck I'm the biggest nimby you'll find. I bet you are too. . We act like that's s bad thing. But that's a result of disastouus urban planning, or none at all. You spend your life work finding and building a life in a place, and then they decide to build a railroad through your street, changing everything about everything about your daily life for the worse "for the greater good".... Sounds a lot like China. Nobody should accept others running their life they spent their while like working for. And proper planning would eliminate that ever being a problem.... But they don't plan. They let anyone with money build whatever they want anywhere they find land to buy and worry about fixing the crisis later by ramming "anti nimby" projects through. If you're going to avoid that, the whole concept of home ownership needs to be disposed of. You can't be upset if it's just a place you rent and have no more vested interest in the location than anywhere else. If you sent 30+ years to buy it only to make it awful overnight so others can have better lives... Yeah people with fight it with their dying breath.

All that said, i want to see every airport shut down if it's not going overseas. Air travel is a disaster and feels regressive all on it's own. It's like a retro furure from a time when flying people in the air sounded like it make sense. Id have to be dragged to an airport at gunpoint. It's like a prison camp.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX lol, Lance Armstrong couldn't bike anywhere of value here... Not even on the dust or whatever he's on....

@bimmy-lee my mall may be dying, but we entirely have a huge new Japanese owned arcade.... And still have Orange Julius!

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Ark isnā€™t much better on XB šŸ˜‚ Wildcard canā€™t or doesnā€™t care to optimize much. Their support forum is a ghost town. But itā€™s a fun enough romp for like $15-20. I was given it as payment for fixing someoneā€™s tractor.
Most of the time I read a review just to see whatā€™s discussed anyway. I usually know if Iā€™m interested in something or not, and reviews donā€™t sway truly sway me.

I just put some chicken in teriyaki marinade to make kebabs tomorrow. How decadent.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic