Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 96,243

Electricmastro

GuSilverFlame wrote:

if you look at them side by side they have many similarities. but if you look at one and then look at the other they will look completely unrelated

So there are times when you can look at them similarly and there are other times when you can look at them completely unrelated?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

GuSolarFlare

@Electricmastro yup, when side by side there's something(now that Gioku mentioned I think it might be the nose) that makes them look alike but it's something so small that when you don't see both together you won't notice.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Auracle

I can tell that Chespin and Chestnaught are related. They've got similar aesthetics. Granted, it is more difficult to notice because Chestnaught is covered in armor, which changes his color and obscures his features.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Electricmastro

Trululu wrote:

I can tell that Chespin and Chestnaught are related. They've got similar aesthetics. Granted, it is more difficult to notice because Chestnaught is covered in armor, which changes his color and obscures his features.

I know that they both have green, have the same noses, the same posture, and both have a pointy top, but it's still not as immediately identifiable in relation to Chespin for me. I initially thought it was odd when Chespin's overall color was red even though the major color for grass-types in green. His "hat" is green, sure, but doesn't red gravitate more towards fire-types?

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

GuSolarFlare

Electricmastro wrote:

Trululu wrote:

I know that they both have green, have the same noses, the same posture, and both have a pointy top, but it's still not as immediately identifiable in relation to Chespin for me. I initially thought it was odd when Chespin's overall color was red even though the major color for grass-types in green. His "hat" is green, sure, but doesn't red gravitate more towards fire-types?

for me it looked like his overall color was brown(what would make sense since his last evolution is half Fighting and pure Fighting types usually had tones closer to brown until gen 4)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

GuSolarFlare

in my eye Froakie has the evolution that changes the most, except the fact they both look like blue frogs

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame: They're in the same stance, both have the bubbles, same-ish color, Froakie looks like it evolves into Greninja. Same thing with Fennekin, although Fenniken is pushing it a little bit. Chespin looks the least like its final evolution, IMO at least.

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku it's because Froakie looks "wise' and Greninja looks "strong"... hope I was clear enough for everyone to understand

my Backloggery

WinterWarm

@GuSilverFlame

I'll be honest, I couldn't tell you the difference between Froakie and Greninja if my life depended on it...

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@WinterWarm you can't tell the difference from the photo or simply by name?

my Backloggery

WinterWarm

Oh, the picture didn't show up... I'm on my 3DS right now... :/

GuSolarFlare

ahhh! that explains it

my Backloggery

WinterWarm

@GuSilverFlame

Haha yeah.

sugarpixel

Guys guys guys! My Film Teacher showed us an awesome film made by students from my School in the 90's... a Mockumentary called "Bins of Steel", documenting the made-up sport of Bin Boarding! ...It has some swearing though (some guy says "F*** you" at one point, but that's the extent of it), so be careful! But it's really figgin' awesome! Definitely worth a watch.
(comes in three parts, btw.) If you watch it, let me know what you think!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

WinterWarm

Who's getting/ got Resident Evil: Mercenaries?! I'm getting it Saturday!

sugarpixel

There's a certain kind of music, that gives me this certain, unexplainable feeling... of being out in the country, with dirt roads and fall trees... of pumpkin patches, scarecrows, grey skies... the chill of coming winter... and this song is one of those:

Something I'd like to do someday is create a video game that creates that very same feeling... something reminiscent of The Telltale Heart or The Headless Horseman... but in Video Game format... I imagine something titled along the lines of "Winds of Autumn"...

That's one of my eventual goals as a game creator.

WinterWarm

@Gioku

I <3 The Headless Horseman. Oh, for an interesting take on it, check out Sleepy Hollow on Fox. Heyyyy, whatta ya think about 'The Wind On My Face' if you made it about The Headless Horseman?!

My brother is in college right now ( studying film ), and he showed me one of his projects, he had to make a two minute film. But he said they were shooting for over 18 hours! He and his classmates made it about domestic violence. It was really good, he said he and the other people working on it got a 95% for it. As soon as I'm able I'll post it here.

Oh, and I got some new shoes today...

Oh, and I might not be getting Mercenaries until after Sunday...

GuSolarFlare

make it holding a motorsaw

my Backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic