Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 28,621 to 28,640 of 96,507

SheldonRandoms

@Ninfan They might've added online to the eShop version, however for the physical version I have, it doesn't contain online due to it being an early 3DS launch title.

ALSO FORTNITE JUST KILLED OFF TITLED TOWERS!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tyranexx

My bro and I are trying to swap out my kitchen sink and some of the lines to it. It's definitely...fun. (As in it sucks but needs done...Some minor issues so far....)

@NintendoByNature I was gonna explain how to do strike out text, but I was beaten to it. Text formatting on forums back in my high school days is one of the reasons why I decided to go into programming since I found it fun.

@ThanosReXXX RIFA = Red Imported Fire Ant. Their native turf is in South America (Brazil and some of its neighbors), but they've been classified as an invasive species in the US since the 1930s and have appeared elsewhere in the world as well. I know parts of Australia deal with them too.

I was actually watching some anthill art videos awhile back. Pretty fascinating stuff!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX hmm wired the problem didn't catch you. They started requiring signed extensions since time so. The brilliant, arrogant jerks at Mozilla did that, removed the option to override ...... And then forgot to renew the certificate. So it expired at midnight gmt, and nearly all extensions are getting disabled and moved to legacy......

It took 10 hours for a beta fix you have to turn "studies" on top obtain.. the messed up catastrophically... Reddit is some good entertainment today. People switching to edge and chrome left and right after they. The worst is people who use browser plugin based pwd managers.....

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

Can we cease the talk of fire ants? ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I just finished up playing Earthworms. It was alright. But I feel like halfway through the story they forgot what the original plot was and just went all X Files. Now I need to re-stuff the couch cushions. And vacuum. And other productive things because I took a 3 hour nap for some reason.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Ha, one of the benefits of using a modded version of Vista: I haven't got the "latest and greatest" version of Firefox, so those kinds of things don't happen to my apps and add-ons.

But even if I would have had Windows 10, I would still have stayed with Firefox, because regardless of its quirks at times (I did actually experience a number of problems with add-ons not being verified for some time, in the past), it's still the best and most secure browser.

After all: there's a reason that the world's most secure and anonymous web browser Tor is based upon Firefox, and not upon the ungainly, user-unfriendly joke that is Chrome, and don't even get me started on Edge or any other Microsoft browser. Opera might be the next best thing, if you ask me, but not Chrome or Edge. Definitely not.

I also use a secure password manager, and that also stores data locally, so even if my browser would fail me for whatever reason, I'd still have access to all the info contained in the password manager.

Oh, well. By the time that I get a brand new, obligatory Windows 10 PC, Mozilla will more than likely already have taken care of these current issues, so I don't have to lose any sleep over it (yet).

On a side note: have none of these Reddit whiners considered that even on an up to date OS, you can still revert to an older version of Firefox, negating all these issues by default? As long as you've got a good anti-virus and anti-malware program installed, the security (and/or version) of the browser itself is of secondary concern, or even lower.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx It can be fascinating indeed. And I also wouldn't mind having the proportional strength of an ant, either...

But having said that, I hope that you DO know that I was just kidding, right?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

I tried to be fancy and make spaghetti squash in onion butter sauce, but it mostly just looks like tapeworms in vomit.

๐Ÿ˜‘

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Fair enough. You'd be surprised how often people know about those fire ants, but not the acronym.

Also Firefox > Chrome, though I know a developer who's in love with Chrome because some of the extensions make the lives of developers easier.

P.S. LOL at the folks who use Edge regularly.

Morpheel wrote:

I tried to be fancy and make spaghetti squash in onion butter sauce, but it mostly just looks like tapeworms in vomit.

๐Ÿ˜‘

And the Mental Image of the Day reward goes to....

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

What should have been a 2-3 hour job took twice that amount of time. X_X One of the shut-off valves to the kitchen sink was bad, so we swapped those out too. Getting them just right so that they wouldn't leak was fun. We had to shut off the main water line to the house more than once.

So much for "lax weekend"...But hey, at least it's done. Plus, my bro is awesome.

@ReaderRagfish "Technically functional but not enjoyable" is a good way to put it. To be fair, I think it's better overall than IE.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish Ouch. It kind of makes me wonder how those few stubborn people STILL hanging on to Windows XP are managing....

(Yes, it's almost unbelievable, but they do still exist.)

Anti-Matter

I have cleared my first mission at Excelcion planet from Metroid Prime Federation Force after several Failed attempts. ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜…
Untitled
And thanks to @gcunit for the quick review and recommendation about Metroid Prime Federation Force. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Kudos for that "Mental image of the day" comment. Made me smile...

@ReaderRagfish Well, the image quality is not so much an issue for me, but potentially having to swap out a cable every time I would want to play a certain game would be. Now, all I have to do is flick a switch on the VGA Box, either setting it to its native VGA output, or to S-Video for the games that don't support it.

Sounds to me that the second option I linked to, would be the suitable option for you, then. And remember: ALL games look better with either solution, so whatever you decide to get, you're always gonna get a better result than with the standard cables.

@Tyranexx @ReaderRagfish As for still using Windows XP: you'd be surprised how well it still functions, including going online with it, and fully secure as well. Except of course only in a highly modded version, and the downside of it of not being fully compatible with certain newer programs, much like the modded Vista version that I am using.

If the topic actually interests you two, then I would suggest looking into Black XP Final Edition, CrystalXP, LastXP or Windows XP Integral Edition 2019.

For people that don't want a heavily modded XP, there's even an unofficial Service Pack 4 for XP. As you might know, official support packs ended with SP3.

Either way, if you use either of those options, combined with some decent security programs, such as a combo of anti-virus and anti-malware, then it's perfectly fine to still use Windows XP to this day, even if you're online a lot. Microsoft would just like to let you think it's not, but besides Windows 10, every other version of Windows that followed XP was actually less secure, and had more bugs in several components than all versions of XP combined. Windows 10 is pretty secure, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it, other than it being able to run the most recent games...

And don't even get me started on user-friendliness of all these post-XP efforts...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

LuigibrineTheGreat

Today, I saw what the next Party Crash is on ARMS.... oh boy is this one going to be a "bloody" fan battle.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Anti-Matter

Too bad...
I decided to skip ARMS' Party Crash event due to some new games i got last week. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Btw, i have finished 2nd Mission on planet Bion (Hardball) from Metroid Prime Federation Force. Not really difficult but i wasted for more than 30 minutes to finish the mission. ๐Ÿ˜…
Also, i have scanned all of my Amiibos on Federation Force.... And i got X-Ray skin for all of my Amiibos due to not exactly Amiibos for unlocking specific Paint Jobs. ๐Ÿ˜…

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter So it is safe to say youโ€™re enjoying Federation Force?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@AlohaPizzaJack
Well... Quite frustrating. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
First time playing game like that. ๐Ÿ˜ต
I have Failed several times on first mission due to run out of HP oftenly.
But i still can enjoy the game as long i realized if i have to equip with Lone Wolf MODs that will Double damage to foes, half damages taken on me. ๐Ÿ˜…

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Yeah I bet itโ€™s faster than some of your other favorites. But youโ€™re learning! ๐Ÿ˜

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

I'm not so much knocking XP itself - it was and technically still is an amazing Windows release - more the home users that still stubbornly refuse to let it go. I know it's all well and good if you don't intend to do anything online and vigorously mod it and keep a decent antivirus and anti-malware program or two around.

I was forced to Windows 10 after I decided to get a new laptop after the one that ran Windows 7 finally crapped out. I fought the Windows 10 upgrade for so long on that one. From what I've heard from some technicians, machines with the Windows 10 OS seem to run into less issues vs. upgraded machines.

That said, I find Windows 10 itself to be rather meh. And that's without regarding how Microsoft handles updating these days....

NEStalgia

@Octane @CrazyZelda79 agree with your guys and honestly i don't understand how the supposedly smart people of the world don't seem to understand a model based on permanent perpetual growth makes zero sense at all in the real world... The entire system is one giant lie that had no possibility at all if being sustained. Making everything about everything an illusion at best. I imagine total collapse isn't too far away. Like 1929, but much much much much worse.

The whole American model was built in small proprietorship.... That almost entirely didn't exist now.

@Tyranexx i wouldn't touch chrome if it were the last browser. I'd do Chinese Opera before chrome. Equally evil, but Xipin can't harm me directly as much as Schmidt and co.

Edge actually is nice, I've learned to appreciate it's simplicity, dpeed, and fact it just works on places Firefox sometimes doesn't. I started with Mosaic, Netscape, Mozilla, Phoenix, and it's current incarnation of Firefox. These days it's a shadow of itself with it's main strength being that it's less horrid than the other 3. No real alternative. Opera would have been were it not stupidly sold to China.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic