Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 28,581 to 28,600 of 96,519

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX Would love a announcement or some mention of the game this year.

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

HobbitGamer

Welp, a coworker brought tons of food, I helped her do some work, and we watched a movie on Netflix. Now I’m bored again, but with only 40 minutes to go lol

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO It certainly does. Looks even better through an upscaler. I installed all my GameCube games on my Wii, which I softmodded, so I could take advantage of the Wii's component cable, and GameCube emulator Nintendont's progressive scan option, making all GameCube games look pretty damn nice.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Octane

@1UP_MARIO I love those games. I have the Australian version of the Wii release for 2 as well; and it has the North American box art with the weird lobster on it. I still play them every now and then, but I prefer the Wii release with the motion controls. Once you've tried those it's hard to go back.

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia No, you misinterpreted. It's that memory game that kids used to play. The list will always start with "So... you're a tech nerd" and will get longer every month, adding new points of criticism/discord...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia

P.S.

And it was never going to be a big hands/small hands discussion anyways, seeing as I've got medium-sized hands. Must also be why I'm so OCD about that humongous Infinity Gauntlet...

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX I did the same for the Wii and the Wii u, both have nintendont installed. Kept trying out both the wii’s Componant cables wii u’s hdmi cable both look great but I love the rgb colours on the cube, just feels more natural.
@Octane I haven’t tried the Wiimote and nunchuck for pikmin 3. I kind of like the gamepad and the extra features. Would love to try the Wii new play versions, read so much good about them but they are getting pricey

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX huh, must be a West coast thing... I've never heard of that game!

Lol, Thanos' colossal gauntlet....

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX If I have a means to at the moment, I will do a catch and release. Heck, depending on the spider, I'll sometimes leave it in its own obscure corner if there aren't many cobwebs. I'm not deathly afraid of bugs in general, but it does bother me if a lot seem to be trying to get into my space (like some ants last year).

Those spiderlings though....They were likely harmless overall, but we do have a couple of dangerous (albeit shy) species around here. Plus they were trying to kite in my bathroom, and as I know spiders commonly don't have any issues with incest....

It still wouldn't be so bad if they didn't attract another predator that I definitely don't want a lot of around since they're known to pinch (house centipede). I hadn't even seen those before until I moved to where I currently am.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Typically the only bug I go out of my way to kill is an ant. Occasionally a fly or mosquito will get in the house, but the cats or dog get rid of them soon enough. But I can't stand ants, I get a psychological reaction. Especially fire ants, which are prevalent here. Heck, last night I spotted an ant on my arm (most have been brought in by the dog laying in sand); I wound up vacuuming the entire couch.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia The original version is a kids game, which probably has tons of variants, but over here, it's called "I'm going on a trip/holiday, and in my suitcase, I'm taking along with me... ".

The object of the game is to keep filling the imaginary suitcase with all kinds of things, doesn't even necessarily have to be an existing item or something that could actually fit into a suitcase, so it could even a pink elephant or a school building.

Children sit in a circle, or in a group, and their teachers (or parents) use it as an exercise to train their memory, letting each kid add an item to the suitcase, but before they do, they have to name all items that were put in the suitcase before they can add their own item. And they have to do so in the right order to get the most points, but as long as they can remember all the items, the game also continues.

It's also a good drinking game, by the way.

@Tyranexx Yeah, I could agree with the exception of wanting to get rid of an entire baby colony of spiders potentially exploding into your living quarters, and I kinda skipped over that bit in your comment, once I read the "I kill spiders" bit, but when I re-read it, I agreed with you after all.

As for centipedes: they don't like Amsterdam.
The city's probably too busy and/or too filled with concrete and brick and mortar for them to be even remotely comfortable. Outside of the cities, we do have 'em, though. Albeit probably not as big as over there.

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO I can understand. Personal preference and all that...
Once I started to upgrade all my consoles and their video cables, to be more compatible, and take more advantage of my Full HD Plasma screen, I haven't been able to persuade myself to go back to moving and bleeding colors again...

I started with a VGA box for my Dreamcast, and I got high quality, gold-plated component cables for my Wii, for all the Wii, GameCube, N64, PSX, and all the 8 and 16 bit and other retro games and emulators that I put on there. Now if I still had a CRT screen, it would have been another story altogether.

Still miss being able to play all my Dreamcast light gun games...

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Or you could just do it by yourself.
Untitled

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack I used to hate Simon. My cousin had the original, full-size version, back in the day.
Never heard of the other one, so I've no idea what it is supposed to do or how it works.

The advantage of the game I described, is that it doesn't need any peripheral, and is a great learning tool for memory and imagination building. If the picture is already painted for you, then that part is out of the door...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, we played that memory game in kindergarten. That, and telephone. I always got annoyed with telephone because at the end I was like “That’s not what I said! Nobody listens to me!”
Bop-It was almost the same idea as Simon. Rather than colors, you were commanded by the speaker to either bop, twist, pull, or shake mechanisms.

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

@AlohaPizzaJack Ah, you must mean the RIFAs; as an invasive species, I have no issue with those being offed. I tend to leave ants alone when they're outside but don't want them indoors. I don't store food anywhere in my house barring the kitchen (fridge, freezer, and pantry) but had a heck of a time driving some carpenter ants off last year that found some brown sugar; I had thought the bag was secure, but apparently not enough. XD I also occasionally deal with some smaller ones in my spare bedroom that I'm pretty sure are living in the siding and sneaking in via the window.

I tolerate ants overall, but I had a pretty bad experience with them as a kid at camp once.

@ThanosReXXX I was used to seeing native centipedes once in a blue moon where I grew up (I lived in a log cabin in the woods), but the kind I'm referring to apparently aren't native to North America; they originated in the Mediterranean and have spread worldwide (Yay globalization!). Unlike the RIFA I mentioned above, these are useful for pest control. I don't tend to go on killing campaigns for these unless I start seeing more than the occasional sighting as I don't want a full blown infestation. This is actually the time of year when I tend to see them the most. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

theepictorkoal wrote:

@Anti-Matter How much did Yo-Kai Watch Blasters White Dog Squad cost when you bought it?

It cost 600,000 IDR or US$ 42.25
I'm Indonesian people, so my currency is IDR = Indonesia's Rupiah.

Anti-Matter

SheldonRandoms

Ninfan wrote:

@SheldonRandoms have you got super monkey ball on the 3DS and if you do,do you want a game online

That had online? Don't remember it having online. Might just check out the game now to see if it does.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic