Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 28,521 to 28,540 of 36,907

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX, @NEStalgia Just wanted to let you two know that I read your replies and agree with them. Today has been nuts! I'm one of the lucky minority who didn't get today off....

Anyway, yeah, you'd think someone of my background would be stoked to live in California, but between the cost of living, a high-risk fault zone, and...INTERESTING...politics, I think I'll just keep my exposure to "visiting" status.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish Skeeball... When I was little I loved to play that. Unfortunately, I didn’t roll the ball underhand like normal; I rolled it from underneath, with the top of my hand facing up as I flicked the ball forward. One day, this terrible decision caught up with me as I smashed my fingers between the solid wooden ball and the metal plating and the front of the lane.
Skeeeebaaaaaaall! Why hast thou forsaken me??

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

Ok I can confirm that cheap black tea + lemon zest is an acceptable substitute for earl grey.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish i gagged when i saw candy crush and similar cabinets at my (large, real, and pretty new Japanese-owned arcade, i think i told you about. ). That and the ticket redemption machines take a lot of the floor space. Thankfully, Time Crisis, a fleet of MK8 racing cabs, rows of Japan-only games (with no English whatsoever), some fan service weeb bait photo booths, and a whole section of fighter candy cabs from SF2:Turbo to BB to Tekken 7 made up for it . All it needs is indoor smoking and it's like a trip to Tokyo. Makes i really really need to make a point of going more while it's there...i can't imagine it'll last forever.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Morpheel uhm, that's black tea with lemon. Without bergamot it's not Earl Gray, or anything similar to Earl Gray. It's not even Lady Gray.

Carful, talk like that on a British forum could get you a permanent ban.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Eel

I did say substitute, not replacement.

Gotta work with what I have... 😞

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

HobbitGamer

Yeah. They smell of success.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Mafuyu_Oribe

Strangely speaking of, I seen some places like Dave & Busters or other places has those DDR machines with many people trying them out. So I'm not sure if they're dieing out elsewhere, but they're pretty popular along other other arcades in my town.

Probably put something worth here. I'm not sure.

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish "Melee" LOL....I hadn't noticed, but that's probably because I would not go near most Smash threads with a 50ft pole in general.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Haha, yeah, 'visiting' sounds like a good label, although I'm not nearly as radical in judging my fellow Californians as @NEStalgia is. In his mind, I've probably been lucky enough to have escaped the asylum...

@NEStalgia P.S. It's Earl Grey, NOT Gray. It's a British Lord's name, not a color...

@Octane I'm talking about the Dutch tendency to destroy their own vocabulary, by having some idiotic committee of so called smart people decide on how to spell words differently almost every other year...

@ReaderRagfish Man, no offense, but you REALLY weren't paying close attention. The very first cabinets visible in the video are Cruis'n Blast cabinets, oddly enough, Nintendo branded, but what do I know?
Next up is an Aliens: Armageddon cabinet, then some kind of Super Hang On motorbike cabinet, then a Pac-Man cabinet, then we see a Walking Dead shooting game and finally a Jurassic Park cabinet.

Now, maybe the Walking Dead and Jurassic Park cabinets could possibly be derived from smart phone games, but I honestly don't think so, because we used to have plenty of similar shooting game cabinets back in the day, so these are a genre all of their own, and have no need to be derivatives from iOS or Android games.

Other than that, this video clip was VERY short, and just tried to give a general impression of one single location.
I also visited the GameState website, which explains that they have around 5 locations in the Netherlands, and a couple more around the Benelux, and the offerings vary, so not every location has the same games/cabinets.

I did find out that most of these cabinets/games were indeed made by Raw Thrills, so knowledge points scored for that one, mister.

Some were made by another development team called Play Mechanix, don't know if you know these as well,
but it doesn't ring a bell for me personally. Not that I care much, because as long as they are fun, bite-sized games that fit the arcade spirit, then who gives a crap?

Either way, I think I'd probably enjoy most of them, regardless of who made them, so I'm definitely going to keep all of these arcade halls on my list for an extended visit, some time in the not too distant future...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Octane

@ThanosReXXX I mean, it's not that bad, is it? Can't think of anything that was changed recently? They aren't common words in that case.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Anti-Matter

😢
I feel anxious about something again after i went home.
I still missing DDR X2 that suddenly pulled up from my local game arcade TimeZone.
Like.... Something beloved that suddenly gone without warning.
Sigh.....
😢

Untitled
That was the last time i can see DDR X2 machine from TimeZone

Suddenly i lost my gaming appetite to play my Nintendo machines for a while. 😞

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Well, not THAT recently, but adding n's in between words that never had any before, or removing an n, making words suddenly look like plural or singular respectively, comes to mind, such as some older examples like pannekoek/pannenkoek and kippeei/kippenei, or suddenly removing the accent aigu or accent grave above the letter e, making the writing in letters of the number 1 rather strange, if it also has the Dutch word "een" in the sentence.

I personally just stick to writing "één", instead of the new spelling without the accents on the e's, which literally makes zero sense.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Depends on the context I guess. In a sentence it's usually better with the accents, but if I'm just listing numbers, I don't write them.

Anyway, those changes happened over twenty years ago, it shows your age

Octane

HobbitGamer

So the $60 oxygen sensor replacement didn’t fix the Pickup. Sounds like I’ll be forced to buy a new PCM unit after all. $250... at least I have the games I want for awhile.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Eel

Sounds like the perfect time to buy an unnecessarly luxurious new pickup.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX "Escaped" is such as strong word.... The asylum goes with you. Do you ever get uncontrollable cravings to exclusively eat organic fair trade renewable naturally raised soy-based unprocessed gluten-free, peanut-free, flavor-free, food, even if it means a meat-free, animal-friendly, 100% post-consumer recycled, 3oz hamburger costs $18.99?

Do you believe males are an infectious disease that should not exist on the planet and as a lowly male you must submit to daily punishment to atone for your existence, or feel guilty for not having rejected and removed your maleness?

(Looks at signature)

Nope. You escaped. Nice work.

Grey, Gray, Tomato, Tomatoe, color, colour. GBoard autocomplete, manual keyboard.

@Anti-Matter Well, I mean even in the 90's glory days arcades swapped out machines constantly. That part is nothing new, they always need to make space for the new stuff coming out! A lot of arcades/chains trade/buy/sell equipment, so they send one machine to another arcade and loan or trade machines instead, or if they own multiple locations, rotate around machines between them. My arcade that's a Japanese company sends over machines from recently popular fads in Japan once Japan is done with them and onto the new fad, and moves them around their serveral US locations. I miss Luigi's Mansion that was in mine, but by now it's probably in California somewhere, or already back in Japan!

@ThanosReXXX Or those of us with US keyboards that can't type accents readily without copying letters from the character chart Thanks to IME's one can easily write complicated character sets like Japanese, Korean, Chinese, but heaven forbid you want to write the Romanized version with the macron over the vowels...no, that's just mechanically impossible!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia Yo, don't dis the soy. Soy yoghurt is amazing. Better than actual yoghurt.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
I still have my brokenheart and gloomy feeling, even right now i type this reply. 😢
I wanna cry but cannot.
Sorry...

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic