Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 28,481 to 28,500 of 96,488

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack I know that feeling all too well...
On top of having to drag myself through the day, I woke up finding that another year has passed on my personal calendar. Yay! One year closer to oblivion. That's a recurring thought, by the way, once you reach a certain age...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX That's sort of how I am. I enjoyed Bruce Almighty and just got to watch Penguins this year (enjoyable, too). The Mask was okay for what it was, but I couldn't get behind Ace Ventura, Cable Guy, etc. The zany, wacky, over-exaggerated expressions and such end up boring me to death. It worked for him, so whatever, but I tend to not enjoy it. I also enjoy Will Farrell in Stranger than Fiction or Everything Must Go more than other works. I guess I like the dry comedy.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack I can definitely agree on the Cable Guy. That movie was friggin' annoying.
I think his performance in Sonic the Movie won't be as over-exaggerated, though. From the looks of it, anyway, but of course, that remains to be seen. Or not, seeing as I'm definitely in no rush to go see it in the cinema. I might download it, eventually, or wait until it lands on TV, but from what I've seen so far, it's not a movie that I'd be willing to buy a ticket for. I do REALLY hope I'm wrong, though.

Anyway, I'm off to my sister's. She invited me to dinner, and probably has something in store for this old, Mad Titan's year day...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Enjoy the dinner!! Happy cell death day!

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX yes i forgot about Bruce almighty .I do like that. Once bitten Is pretty cool too. I like most of his movies but the ones I mentioned are my favorites

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

I liked Carreys The Truman show best. Great story

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
Speaking about Bruce Almighty, do you know what number i set on my fingers ? 😉

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@TheAwesomeBowser @ReaderRagfish it’s more annoying than Nintendo switch online 😉

@Anti-Matter I wasn’t talking about Bruce almighty. I wrote about the Truman show.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

HobbitGamer

Cool. The shop called and said the truck’s driveshaft fell out when they were moving it. They were the ones to put it on a month ago... better there than the road, I guess. I’m not even frustrated at this point. Just laughing.

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

When it rains it pours. That's how it gets after a while. Just laugh, no sense in getting frustrated

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Ain’t that the truth. The shop is usually pretty fair, too.

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

It's obviously because they enjoy talking to me so much.

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

Has anyone else been playing cuphead? I've done pretty well for the most part. The robot took me 2 hours to beat ( no lie). And I i played king dice for almost 3 hours last night and couldn't beat him. Finally gave up as my battery was worn down. It's weird sometimes I can beat a boss in 10 minutes and then there's others like this. Pretty frustrating. I know it can be done but it almost seems impossible

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Nah, I skipped it because I'm trash at Shmups and end up more annoyed that happy. :/
I am replaying Hyrule Warriors, though. Going through Adventure Mode.

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

Still haven't played that. As you probably know I'm a zelda fan but i feel like it wont scratch that zelda itch for me

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Grinch and Truman show were pretty much the only times I found him bearable. The rest he's just obnoxious, over the top, and annoying.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

Thankfully it's nowhere near that rough. I talked to my guy at the shop and after running through everything, I'll be parting with just under $300. That's for the first day's diagnostic and installing the new computer, cost of a new (unbent) driveshaft, and putting my warranty U joints in to button up the drive train. Honestly, way less than I was afraid of. I could put all those back in, but my truck has lived at the shop for a week rent-free and they always throw a discount or courtesy service my way (used them for 6 years for things I'm afraid I'll break more).

@NintendoByNature It definitely doesn't have that same exploration or progression vibe, and the rinse-repeat nature of taking keeps can get samey. But I liked the story, and how it tied different Eras together. And it's fun to hack n slash through dozens of stalfos.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic