Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 28,441 to 28,460 of 96,319

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Yeah, it's truly sad indeed. My Dreamcast is increasingly becoming more valuable as a living memory and/or representation of how great they once were...

@Tyranexx You're very welcome. Always happy to add something positive to someone's life, no matter how small. One other thing, though: it would seem like you know yourself well, and that is never a bad thing, but if you focus on the things you're doing wrong in your own (or other's) eyes, then that is actually where it REALLY goes wrong. Over the years, besides mirroring and other handy Jedi mind tricks, I've learned to look at possibilities, to think in solutions instead of in problems, or as they say in layman's terms: the glass half full approach.

So, better focus on what you CAN do, or on what you ARE good at, not on areas that you find yourself to be lacking in, also because some of that might just be your own, subjective perception...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I've been working on trying to curb some of my pessimism; I'm usually my own worst critic. It's one of the reasons that I started speed walking a few times a week as that gives me less of an excuse to use my brain...other than when catching some monsters in Pokemon Go. PoGo is a fairly recent addition to my activities and is usually relaxing.

...Other than that wild Snorlax awhile back. There must've been an all you can eat buffet somewhere as I didn't think they could move so fast.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

I decided to reuse an empty coffee bag (the fancy metallic reselleable type) and filled it with squares of dark chocolate.

Now the chocolate smells and tastes a bit like coffee. And the world is a better place.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Matthew010

If you want any idea of how the public has received the Sonic Movie, here you go:
Untitled
First off, yes, I did "like" the Sonic Movie trailer. It didn't look that bad and I think that it will definitely be watchable. Apart from the eyes and legs, the only thing that annoys me about Sonic's model is how tall he is. That just looks wrong. I think Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik (as many people have already said) could be what this movie needs to be "good". Eitherway, I'll be watching it when it releases.

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
When i saw the trailer of Sonic movie, my reaction was "Yikes !", reminded me for bad adaptation video games to movie like Street Fighter by Jean Claude van Damme. 🤪

Anti-Matter

TheAwesomeBowser

Sonic will be the next Worst Picture winner, but will still be better than Switch Online.
Remember that I said this and that you read it here first.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Daloblast

Didn't Jim Carrey really look like Dr. Eggman at the end? I thought so.

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, being one's own worst critic can be beneficial sometimes, as long as you don't do it too often. After all, there's a point where people will stop correcting you, telling you that it isn't all that bad, and that you shouldn't say such negative things about yourself...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

While i do love Jim Carrey, I feel like Jack black would've been a great casting as robotnik

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

I guess it will be like Street Fighter with Jean Claude van Damme again.... 🙄
Poor Kylie Minogue , a great Australian female singer who have to be Cammy on that movie.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter More like poor Raul Julia, who was was already ill but wanted to continue and portray M Bison because it was a way to connect and spend more time with his children. It was his last movie. He died.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

Yeah it was good. I liked him in it. Quite a change from cheerful Gomez Adams

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ryobi85

who is thanos I don't know the background of his.is he a bad ass.anyone who is a fan fill me in ? be grateful to busy with baby ☺

it's smash time people

ThanosReXXX

@ryobi85 Here you go:
https://www.marvel.com/characters/thanos
(look up all info by using the topics on the navigation bar where the first highlighted button says: "overview")

That'll contain all you'll need to know to understand the character and his place in the Marvel Universe.

P.S.

What's up with the weird writing? The telegram style, end of sentence periods without spaces, no capitals etc.
(and no, typing on a phone is no excuse)

EDIT:

You can also check out this Wikipedia page, which has all the info on one page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Daloblast

@NintendoByNature Oh, I can definitely see that. That would make the movie a lot more appealing, at least to me.

Daloblast

NintendoByNature

@Daloblast I think it would've been a great choice. He fits the physique and wild antics style acting for sure. But I like Jim Carrey anyway

NintendoByNature

Daloblast

@NintendoByNature Yeah, they both fit. I just think that it is a little weird that lots of things like sonic are being made into live action movies. Sonic, Detective Pikachu, Dora. I don't believe them when I first see them, but they happen to be real.

Daloblast

HobbitGamer

Danny DiVito should have been Robotnik.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic