Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,601 to 27,620 of 96,456

GreenJeans

When I started seeing GTA 5 and red dead 2 coming out i was like.. hmm something ain't right here lol

GreenJeans

Octane

@NEStalgia Can't check my phone when I'm covered in shark guts. Also, I don't speak Korean, how should I know it's spam?

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane You lost me at "shark guts"......I clearly have missed something in this conversation and I think I'm happy.

Spam is a universal language. It can be detected no matter the language. (the ".com" amidst the Hangul in the topic subject was also a hint )

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@NEStalgia: I try. I love a good pun-fest.

@Octane: Okay, I'm clearly missing something. Please elaborate.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Octane comes from a village where it is tradition to bathe oneself in shark guts once a month.

They're trying to save the sharks though, so they use the same set of guts for as long possible.

Of course, after a few months these guts are considered a delicacy.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Octane You do realize it's not normal for such jobs to involve shark guts, right?

@Morpheel Suddenly Chipotle sounds like quality food.

NEStalgia

Octane

@Morpheel We also wear them like a necklace when we dance to Smash Mouth.

@NEStalgia I mean, if it's teaching first-year students about human and animal anatomy it kinda is

Octane

ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia wrote:

That April Fools was just amazing....not sure how they put together such a perfect emulation of the real deal.

If you're referring to that Google Tulip video, then the answer is of course simple: money. Google has more than enough to spare, and contrary to popular belief, the people working there actually DO have a lot of free time on their hands, and in this case, the boss probably paid them for it...

As for that Korean spammer: they sure are getting lazier, not even taking the trouble to bore us with their half-baked English anymore. I already notified our friend @Morpheel here about it hours ago, so I suppose it's long since been taken care off.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX The tulip one too, but I meant the Nintendo/IGN one. That said, since when do Google people have free time?

Usually the spam is China, Russia, India, Pakistan, or random other smaller countries. The usual suspects. Places were it's a perfectly legit business (why we do business with these places I'll never know.) First time I've seen Korea in the mix. That's just a totally new one to me. Just based on context I'm betting it's even SK, not DPRK. Weird.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, that must have been a first time for them as well, then, seeing as they apparently didn't get that they should have translated whatever that sentence said, so that they actually might have persuaded some of the more naive among us to check out what it actually was that they were trying to sell us.

At least the Chinese understand that much, bad English and all...

The Nintendo fake Direct was good, but was also already clear within the first few seconds. They'd never in a million years use a new face unannounced, and that IGN logo in the top left already gave it away from the start. The first few games could have happened, though, so those looked like the real deal, but after that, they went a little too far, also by sneaking in multiple impossible and/or NSFW titles.

All in all though, it was a FAR superior effort compared to that lousy Xbox Direct video.

Oh, and Google people have LOTS of free time. They're also always on vacation, because they work in a friggin' garden, for crying out loud...
But all joking aside: I used to have a couple of contacts there. Did a sales project for them once, for Google Enterprise, and I still have a recommendation from them on my LinkedIn profile to prove it...

Anyway, from what I've understood, the environment within Google is very competitive, but also very lenient and free. If you want to take 2 hour lunch breaks, then you can, as long as you get the job done.
Nobody's standing behind you tapping their watches, so it's basically all up to you to be professional and responsible enough to do the work that you were hired to do. Sounds logical, of course, but given such freedoms, it might persuade some individuals to take a few too many liberties with it.

Then again: if you manage to land a job there, then you've probably got quite the pay check, so even the only averagely smart individual would surely know better than to risk losing that...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

I went home during my lunch break to get my work laptop for an off-site meeting, and wound up also finding my old Toshiba NB305 netbook. Yessss, it still works. So now I'm at my desk, waiting on deadline response emails, trying to tweak out this old lappy.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I'll never get how the Chinese butcher English grammar so badly. WE HAVE THE SAME GRAMMAR!!! It's not like Japanese and Korean with completely different grammar structures, Chinese and English translate linearly almost word for word, except they don't have articles like "an" and "the." I suspect most of those people that butcher English also butcher grammar in Mandarin equally as badly.

The IGN logo, the date it arrived, the presenter, and the fact that they said "everything" kind of gave it away, but it was the sheer authenticity of it overall that was great, along with the fact that it went from a 1:1 "this COULD be real" copy to gradually going down the rabbit hole into Mad Hatter's tea party by the end. Wayne Knight's Adult Pinball......won the internet right there. If it were published by Konami I'd believe it as legit though. Castlevania Pachinko is still a thing.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Wayne Knight won? I thought it was Dungeons and Brazzers for sure...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX This is the internet. That sounds like a legit thing anyway. Wayne Knight's Adult Pinball definitely wins.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia For you maybe. There aren't three X's in my avatar name for nothing.
(edit: I'm kinda conflicted on whether my Dutch-influenced brain has just invented a completely non-existent sentence, so just in case: read that as if I said that there's a reason that there's three X's in my name)
And besides: Wayne Knight is only world famous in America. Almost the entire internet-connected world knows of or has at the very least heard from Brazzers.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

I was about to say I don't know who Wayne Knight is. But then I saw the Dennis Nedry POP on my desk, and I remembered.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@AlohaPizzaJack NUMANNN!!!!

@ThanosReXXX I'm not sure that's a good thing......but it also reinforces that that sounds pretty plain and expected on the internet....dungeons just fits with it. Wayne Knight and Adult Pinball...fit...disturbingly...kind of....in an ironic way.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack I had to look him up as well. Goes to show you how "well known" he actually is.
Not to mention me getting an all too real picture of combining him with whatever adult pinball is supposed to be, and immediately deciding that one must be completely out of their mind to even want to see that, let alone play it.

Nope, Dungeons and Brazzers wins. By a landslide...
(they at least know how to present themselves in an aesthetically pleasing way)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic