Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,561 to 27,580 of 96,523

HobbitGamer

I’m not believing anything involving the Mother series tomorrow.

In fact, I’ll be extra cautious and not listen to anything my actual mother says, either.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish I loathe you. I’m adding Fallout to that list, too. 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Psh. The Mother series? Everyone knows that they'll announce the Father series tomorrow! My aunt's cousin's father's niece's fiancee works at Nintendo.

Spoiler alert: Reggie is the final boss. "You cannot grasp the fact that your body is not ready!"

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

So....

Anybody already tried talking to tulips yet?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Just this afternoon, i have watched Dumbo (2019) at theater with my students and all teachers during Field Trip day. My comment is.... Dumbo (2019) was VERY different than the Cartoon version and actually looked better than the Cartoon version. If in Cartoon version the Dumbo was bullied by other elephants but in Live Action version Dumbo was bullied by peoples. Quite good Disney movie.

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter That looks surprisingly decent...but.....I'm not sure I like how it tramples all over such an iconic classic animation. There's this impulse in Hollywood today to keep "reinventing" the past, and appropriate it as something modern rather than appreciating the classics for the classics they are and coming up with something new. perhaps we've already rapidly exploited everything new there is to have, and all we can do is keep repeating it in new ways.

Even It's a Wonderful Life, is more or less a "modern" (20th century meaning of the word) interpretation of A Christmas Carol.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

I mean, animated or live, all the elephants meet Edison eventually.

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Er... What?!
But ThanosReXXX has posted about talking tulip by Google here.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

Oh it's real alright. Haven't you guys seen the real life documentary about plants killing off the human race, called the happening?? Brace yourselves folks. It's human vs plant, and it's no holds barred!

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

That's how Plants Vs Zombies starts

#MudStrongs

NEStalgia

@NintendoByNature Don't be such a sap. One video is no reason to connifer greater meaning from it. This a perennial problem on the internet. One video sprouts up and suddenly it gets rooted in the groupthink of every nut on the web, and the whole conversation gets soiled.

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

I'll never forget how I felt leaving the theater after they unveiled what caused the deaths. Couldn't believe that was the route they took in that movie instead of chemical warfare @Link-Hero

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic