Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,441 to 27,460 of 96,490

Daloblast

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, not really going for that, the only spanish words that I actually knew were in the ones morpheel said

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX When should we make that Kickstarter for your rocking chair and corn cub pipe? 😛

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

@ThanosReXXX I had Latin and Greek in high school as well; English, Dutch, German, French, Latin and Greek. And I've remembered only one-and-a-half of those (if you take the average of all of them )

Morpheel wrote:

Donde está el baño

Here you are:
Untitled

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack Pipe? Nah, I quit smoking a long time ago. Make it an infinite supply of Bacardi and we can start talking...

@Octane I've retained quite a few more: I'm fluent in English and Dutch, get by quite well in German and French, and I speak a little Spanish and Danish. I'm also able to read Greek and Russian, although I only understand and speak a few sentences in Greek, and mere words in Russian.

@Morpheel Ah, perdon. A menudo hago el mismo error...
(oh, and don't bite my head of if that's not perfectly written/spelled either)

And you never liked Tom & Jerry? Those cartoons were hilarious, man. No sense of humor, I tell ya...
Nowadays, it's all stupid kid cartoons like Spongebob and what not. Annoying voices and horrible jokes.
Probably an age thing, and not to popular amongst the majority, but give me the classics any day of the week over that stuff.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Well, I can read a lot of stuff; however, that doesn't mean I understand any of it

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Har, har. I can tell you, reading Russian is quite the chore. Both Russian and Greek obviously use a Cyrillic alphabet, but for some reason, I find Greek words easier to decode. Could also have to do with me being far more interested in Greek history and mythology than in the Russian counterpart of it, but I like to think that's not of too much influence...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

I really disliked it. It was just, bad violent attempts at humor. At least for me as a young child that's how it looked.

Really a product of its era and place I guess.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Tom and Jerry was the Roadrunner and Coyote for city folk.

Sort of like Dr Quinn to Doogie Houser.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

I don't really have strong feelings against the roadrunner cartoons, but to be fair those were far less frequently on tv compared to Tom and Jerry.

The roadrunner never really did much to harm the coyote either. He was more of a plot device than a character most of the time.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

True, he was just the victim of his ill-fated attempts of catching the coyote within his carnivorous rage.

I mostly saw alot of Scooby-Doo. Oh, and Mr. Rogers. And Lambchop...Reading Rainbow...Schoolhouse Rock...Wacky Racers.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Not just mouse beats up cat. The mouse obviously (nearly) always won, but he certainly has taken some severe punishment over time...

@Morpheel Guess it's the age difference then. I never saw any of the uber-violence in it. It's just a cartoon,
there was no blood or anything, just a cat getting broken to bits, and running around again 3 seconds later.
Really nothing bad about it.

@AlohaPizzaJack Bit of a time-displaced comparison. The Road Runner cartoons came much, much later.
But besides that, I also really liked those. I actually pretty much liked all Looney Tunes, such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Pepé le Pew, Foghorn Leghorn, Speedy Gonzalez, and the other more nameless ones, like the ones with the big and the small dog, the latter being the smart one, and the former being the dummy (he bit me, George... )

I did also see many other cartoons back in the day, but if I had to name them all, we'd still be here tomorrow,
so I better stick to extremely violent and sadistic, err... no: decidedly funny Looney Tunes...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

Talk about violence, how about Bambi's mother getting shot in the opening scenes? Or Littlefoot's mother. Or the siamese cats openly talking about murdering a human baby in Lady and the Tramp. That's some real stuff.
I liked those two dogs, too. Is is just me, or did there seem to be a wider variety of cartoons, too?

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Eel

Because abuse and violence can only be uncomfortable to the viewer when the victim dies or the damage is permanent.

I mean, if you were fine and happy watching that as a kid, that's fine. Doesn't really change the fact that little me really disliked it.

It's almost as if different people can feel differently about different things!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

Ah yes.... the land before time. Water works every time I watch it. That was a movie I watched on vhs every single day for a year or two.

NintendoByNature

Eel

I'd say those were more into the emotional manipulation category, instead of "violence for the lols" like tom a jerry and the looney tunes.

They're meant to make you sad, not make you giggle.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

Yeah, and they actually went by the idea that if the tragedy section is brought out immediately, then it's easier to replace with all the happiness later.

@Morpheel You're not allowed to have feelings. You make creepy teeny weenie beebies

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic