Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,381 to 27,400 of 96,298

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel @AlohaPizzaJack There may not be any reading required to play the game, but I would imagine it to be rather prudent to take note of the warnings on the package, so I hope that any potential buyers have (at the very least) read those...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

I'm actually pretty unconcerned with my trainer's outfit in PoGo. The combination would drive some fashionistas nuts, but I'm also not about to go out of my way to buy virtual clothes. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Vinny

Aquaman, more like Aquameme

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Eel

@Tyranexx you can always just save coins from protecting gyms. You can get up to 50 a day, so you can slowly build a look from that.

Or save that for bundles. I guess that's a good use.

I personally was saving up to get the team rocket costume, but then they released the aqua/magma sets for considerably less coins, so I went and got the team aqua costume instead.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

Found from internet.
Untitled
Aw..... How Cute ! 😃
Pokemon Terrarium.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Ha, those are pretty neat.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@Morrow Well I mean there is keigo/teneigo, honorific/polite speech. But in modern Japanese its really saved for high level business and politics. Using it in day to day among peers and friends would give the impression you either think you are way better than them, or they are way better than you, depending on how you spoke. Or if you mixed it up, like some beginners do, they'd realize you're a... silly... foreigner. lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

As a kid, I would often take a tupperware container and make little pokemon environments with play-doh.

My favorite was making a beach and a bunch of water pokemon.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Morrow

@Heavyarms55 I think silly foreigner was inevitable when I wanted to master a way of speech just for a quick joke xD. Well that's why I said I would apologize after the joke. I do plan on studying really hard for Japanese before I visit. I think speaking it will be easier for me than writing/reading it though. Man that kanji, and hiragana is hard. How a single tiny stroke can make a difference word/letter. I feel like I need to examine them like an FBI agent, lol.

Morrow

Tyranexx

@Morpheel: Team Magma costume? Now I'm kinda tempted. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Morrow You'll pick it up with practice. It is daunting at first though. Reading and listening are easier than writing and speaking.

Morrow

@Heavyarms55 Well I'm doing pretty well for starting out for listening and speaking. It's actually the reading and writing that I'm struggling with more. Thanks though. I'm going to read Genko while I learn through a language learning software.

Morrow

Heavyarms55

@Morrow @ReaderRagfish Learning a language is a huge task and one can never appreciate it until making the attempt. Much more so when it's a language that is from different roots. A Spanish speaker will have an easier time learning French or Italian than Japanese or Arabic too.

Of course it works both ways too, a Japanese speaker will have a harder time learning something like English or French than Chinese.

HobbitGamer

It’s like Where’s Waldo for smart people.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Daloblast

What has happened? I'm not really on here on weekends.

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

NEStalgia

@Morpheel I find it funny how Nintendo games all say "Basic ability is required to enjoy this game", or something like that. Of course if you can read the warning it's meaningless, but I realize they mean that for kids. Except it's included on M rated games.......... Plus, it's funny because Playstation and XBox games don't say that. Literacy isn't that audience's strong suit I guess?

@Heavyarms55 I find Japanese a lot easier to pick up than French. Am I broken?

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Daloblast Other than the free Switch giveaways, the $1000 eShop card lottery, and the video of Alex running naked down the freeway, you didn't miss much, don't worry.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

....Sounds legit.
It’s an older code, but it checks out. 😂

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

I think I've got my daily quota of smily face tongue sticking out emojis hit for the day.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic