Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,281 to 27,300 of 96,511

HobbitGamer

Austrian

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

I believe that. Just as some folk use the word ‘literally’ incorrectly and refuse to admit it 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Vinny

Atlantean pizza with water topping.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

Octane wrote:

Innocence and Disney don't belong in the same sentence

^ This. This so much. There are many YT videos out there analyzing this. Some instances just seem like weird coincidences coupled with dirty minds, but others such as a comment in the third Aladdin movie are pretty deliberate.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haruki_NLI

Soooo.how we all doing? Rant incoming.

Work sucks. My department manager is leaving, my supervisor is back finally, and we are getting a new department manager, which should be....exciting.

But the past weeks since the start of February have been nothing but visits from regional and company management. I haven't had much time to breathe and this Sunday is the stock take. Whoopie a 1am finish is expected.

But my God, the upper management in my store. Jesus. The store manager is fine. The deputy manager and other department manager both have a trend of voicing their opinion that not enough work is being done on food by saying "It's not good enough" which crushes morale and doesn't leave anyone in my team with good energy.

If you want a team to work better, say it in a nicer, less demeaning way. But this is also the guy who once came to me half an hour into a shift, a shift where there was only two of us in the whole food department, and said "It's not good enough". Like...sorry bud, I've been here for half an hour. You want that warehouse cleared? Expectations in check before I expect it of you!

But this guy, man, he wants to be a deputy manager and move up, but with his hilarious lack of people skills, he shouldn't be where he is. Last Saturday I had been told by him to tidy the food aisles for my last hour, which would be fine...if I didn't have two other team members in after me...so I'd be wasting my time. But before I could do this, and thus have my attention diverted from clearing the delivery or working any backstock, I had a customer want a large, double hanging chair. These are kept upstairs at the very back of the warehouse and are immeasurably awkward to move.

She was adamant it would go in her car. I told her no, I asked for help from the other department, as you know, this is their area. The manager just laughed and said good luck. I got her the seat, it wouldn't go in. I had to drag it back upstairs. Then I got the smaller one, still no help, while the customer was complaining.

On my way out of the warehouse, the department manager stops me and asks "Is anyone else in until the time you leave?" I said no, it's me then these other two until later. So he said "You haven't started tidying then?" to which I reply, currently holding a massive chair, no, I haven't, and he got rather annoyed with me. Regardless, I helped push a £150 sale and move stock from HIS department. If he feels food being tidy and wasting my time doing so when there is stock to be worked is more important than having ME go up into his stock and sell it for him, then his priorities are sorely misplaced.

But to cap this little charade off, come my shift on Monday, I had severe chest pains and difficulty breathing. Not a heart attack, wrong side, but a tightness when carrying stock, so on so forth.

Moving those chairs, all the work without breaks over the past 6 weeks to just get things done to a standard I see as satisfactory with no thanks once again...has damaged one of my chest muscles, or perhaps multiple.

So now I should be taking it easy, but we had reduced deliveries this week for the stock take to go smoothly, so it will all come in next week, and the expectations will be high. Repeat ad nauseum.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NintendoByNature

@Knuckles-Fajita I'm sorry to hear all that. Management needs to understand you create a good environment with your employees and good things will happen in return. I.e. your employees will work harder when treated fairly and kindly. Work for me has been rather slow (I do outside sales). Thankfully I create my own schedule so I don't have to go into the office all the time and deal with a manager. Although my boss and I get along pretty well I guess i wouldn't have a problem with it. I hope things work out for you though. Definitely not my place to speak but maybe start researching new positions elsewhere

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@Knuckles-Fajita Dood, sorry you’ve got that frustrating management still. Make sure you’re staying hydrated in the evening after you get those pains, too.

#MudStrongs

Haruki_NLI

@nintendobynature Other jobs are on the cards, but now it's fully obvious this is taking both a mental toll on me, and a physical one now too.

But for the foreseeable, I'm stuck.

@AlohaPizzaJack I drink loads, not diabetic (To my knowledge since last tests), blood pressure is good...so I#ve just got to rest whatever the injury is.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NintendoByNature

@Knuckles-Fajita I hear you man. I sincerely wish you the best. Hang in there and in time, Good things will come your way if you do good and try your best.

NintendoByNature

Vinny

Oh boy, can't wait to use Google Stadia with my 56k dial up connection!

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

@Knuckles-Fajita Ok, good. I always drink nice cold water in copious amounts whenever I overwork something doing heavy yard stuff. Of course, I drink ice water like a parched fish too 😂

Has anyone played that Video Kid game? I grabbed it for $2.50 on sale the other night and I love it. I mean, I’m awful at paperboy, but I just keep saying “one more try”

#MudStrongs

Heavyarms55

@ritouf Everytime I see that profile pic I wonder if there is a large full size very, and a Mythra/Homura version too?

@Anti-Matter Lol Star Wars didn't hurt Disney, Disney ruined Star Wars. But on that topic, like others have said, Disney has plenty of studios, they're trying to monoplize media, the only way they can do that is by doing many different things.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Vinny That reminds me - when my parents moved about 8 years ago, I was helping unpack while the guys came to set up the internet for my dad, he had an old laptop and asked where the cable for it went. They actually laughed because they thought he was joking. It was an old machine with Windows XP from right after XP launched, he still had AOL dial up on it.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

TheAwesomeBowser

Haven't been here in a while. How's it going?

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Daloblast

Pineapple pizza, Pineapple pizza, Pineapple pizza. It should not exist!

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic