Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,121 to 27,140 of 96,317

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Well, that's kinda debatable, since it depends on what you're looking for, as @AlohaPizzaJack already noted:

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

@ThanosReXXX Wow, Earthbound loose costs $199 there. Nope.

But in general, I certainly agree, and I've bought stuff from them several times, and even with the overseas p&p, the overall prices were still very competitive.

On a side note: you actually managed to make me Google for an Australian Lukie Games, because I never just assume that I have all the answers, so I had to make sure that what I said was correct...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

Pokemon is a fun example of how the "digital distribution = lower physical prices" argument isn't always correct.
Tax refund money came, I prepaid some future bills, now I can swing that controller. Gotta do something nice for myself after being ugh responsible.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@Octane Holy balls that's totally nuts!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Octane

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, it is. Maybe the market is different in Japan. I know Pokemon Stadium 2 is very expensive as well, same price range as SoulSilver, but you can get an imported Japanese copy for as low as €5. Too bad it's a hassle to get NTSC and Japanese N64 games working on a PAL N64.

Octane

Daloblast

@Octane @Heavyarms55 Most of the pokemon DS games are super expensive, The cheapest ones I can find would probably be the older ones such as Crystal, Blue, Red, so on, on the 3DS. I don't know what happened but I got Soulsilver for 5$ with the pokewalker a few years ago, anyway, the other games like Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, They are mostly all overpriced.

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

Octane

@Daloblast I only own a Japanese copy of HeartGold; but I can't read Japanese. I know the game by heart, so it isn't a problem, but I should've bought an English copy a couple of years ago when they were still cheap...

Octane

AxeltheBuizel

I managed to get one version of most of the DS Pokémon games right a year or 2 into the life of the 3DS, when stores were still selling them. In fact I think the only one I don't own is Platinum, although I do own Diamond. It's a shame how expensive they've become, especially since they were so easy to find just 5 years ago.

AxeltheBuizel

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Well, I’m referring to the old large ones. Remember the housing that looks like a cake container? 😂 at least now they’re tiny and don’t look like a jukebox

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Daloblast

@Morpheel Yeah, especially now, except for maybe S/M and OR/AS at around $40 but the rest.... way to overpriced.
@Octane I have an English version of Soulsilver, with the pokewalker, I'm not sure I would be able to go through a Japenese version of the games, even though I have played it a lot, I think I will go check how long I've played it right now...

Daloblast

Octane

@Daloblast I've played Gold quite a lot back in the day, and the remake didn't really change a lot. The only issue was when Pokemon learned new moves; it was a guessing game. But you can see the type, power, PP and accuracy, so it's easy to guess what move it is. When it's a status move and there's no power, yeah, those were difficult

Octane

Daloblast

@Octane Yeah, you could get way strategic with status move, I usually just chose the most powerful attacking moves and never ever use the status moves, You could be smart with it, but it just took to long to think of a strategy, 😃 and apparently I played Soulsilver for 104 hours, I did not know I played it that much.

Daloblast

HobbitGamer

@Undead_terror AUGH! You scurred me!

Also... SN30 Pro, N30, or both? Would I find using the SN30 Pro preferable than my actual Pro Controller at all? I've always been an asymmetrical-stick fan, and only have at most 1 year of dual shock layout playing.

I like to play my NES Online games, so I want at least one of these. Help.

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally turned off the wishywashybanjo mode and ordered the N30 Pro that looks like an NES controller. Paid for next day shipping so it should arrive tomorrow.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Heavyarms55

@Octane Man, I am so glad I still have my original copies of all the DS Pokemon games from when they were new. HG will always have a special place in my heart as the first game I completed the National Pokedex in, and have subseqently completed it in every generation since - with the only exceptions of Marshadow and Zerora or whatever those last 2 Gen 7 mythical Pokemon are.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

I still own at least one of the two initial Pokemon releases of each Gen as well as either 1. The third game or 2. One of the sequels or remakes. I have Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal (no longer saves... 😥 ), Ruby, Emerald, LeafGreen, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black 2, SoulSilver, Y, Omega Ruby, Sun, and Ultra Sun. I'm hoping to grab Let's Go Eevee at some point.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SheldonRandoms

Undead_terror wrote:

I'M STILL UNDEAD!

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic