Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,101 to 27,120 of 96,526

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack Hey, don't shoot the person that corrected the messenger. It wasn't me that advised that site to Anti-Matter, but Ninfan.

However, even though they do have some expensive games, their prices are pretty fair overall, and I've actually ordered from them several times before. Their service is great as well. And all their Dreamcast stuff is pretty decently priced...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I think i have solved my problem about rare Pokemon DS games. 🤓

After some searching again from Ebay + Playasia + Tokopedia, i have decided to buy these Pokemon DS games with order :
1. SoulSilver from Tokopedia on April 2019.
2. Black 2 from Ebay or Tokopedia on May 2019.
3. White 2 from Tokopedia or Playasia on June 2019.

I put SoulSilver first because i only found two sources from Tokopedia with "not too expensive" prices, while Black 2 was quite a lot on Ebay with price range around $70 - $90, White 2 i found on Tokopedia with cheaper price and from Playasia in Sealed condition.

I have rescheduled my purchase plan for other games (Switch) and i have to delay some of Switch games purchasing day.
I will buy FF X/X-2 Switch on May 2019.
I will buy FF XII switch on June 2019.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, there you go: problem solved.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfihs
I believe for Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 will still available on May - June 2019 because i have found some links from Ebay that have cheaper prices options.
And i have to keep my eyes peeled for both Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 from Tokopedia for easier choices since it from Indonesia.

Anti-Matter

Eel

I actually have two copies of White 2 and one of Black 2.

Wish I could like, give you one. But I limit my game trading to people that live at least 200km near me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GeoChrome

Darn, just shy by about 16,000 kilometers.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

I’ll bring the pizza.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SheldonRandoms

I'll eat the pizza.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tyranexx

I'll dig up my brother's old copy of Big Rigs. Any takers?

(I honestly have no clue if it's still at my parents' place....)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfihs: It's "so bad it's good" status is well-deserved. XD My brother actually played it now and again when he was still into games. He just liked driving the semis around.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX it is American lukie games sorry I thought it was Australian . You won't get better prices any where else.

Ninfan

Heavyarms55

Hey guys, so I was thinking, I weirdly miss larger cartridges and VHS tapes. Not the quality but the physicality of them. To me there is something oddly satisfying about putting an old school cartridge into a device and doing something with it. I think it reminds me of old school sci-fi too. Not to mention I miss how solid and durable things felt back in the 90s. You could probably use an N64 cartridge to kill someone and have the game still work. I feel like many modern devices really lack that. Then again VHS tapes were pretty fragile too.

@Vinny Hey I missed your response somehow, sorry about that, and yeah, it wasn't exactly top of the line then either.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Wow, those titles are rare in your country? That's a shame. But HG/SS are amazing. I loved the Pokewalker they came with. I wish they'd revisit the idea - but as a smartphone app.

Heavyarms55

@ReaderRagfihs That's certainly a fair point. But there is still something gratifying to me about having your data on something the size of a VHS of SNES cartridge. And think about it, if they can cram 1TB onto a microSD card now, how much could they shove onto something the size of an N64 cartridge?

Octane

@Heavyarms55 It can probably hold an entire console

And Pokemon games, especially the DS games are expensive everywhere. Maybe not Japan, but certainly in the rest of the world. €60+ prices aren't uncommon over here. I did some searching and games like HGSS are indeed in the €80-100 range.

Octane

Heavyarms55

@Octane €80-100?! Are you serious?! That's including the Poke-Walker, I have to assume! But even 60 is absolutely nuts! I wonder if it is the same in the US, I haven't been back in several years. I'll have to ask some of my friends back home.

GeoChrome

The game and Pokéwalker together cost anywhere from $30-80. Ironically, Lukie Games has one of the highest prices for getting both, about $70 in total. This is probably one of times that one should seriously consider digital download.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

I do not miss hard drive platters. Those can stay in the past. So can storage drive cassettes, for that matter.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

@Heavyarms55 No, just the game. The best prices I can find are €65.99, €70.99 and €75. The boxed version with a PokeWalker is €95; cheapest version of HeartGold with PokeWalker is €99 (and yeah, they were €45 when they originally came out ten years ago). Looking on eBay, prices range from $50 to $70 (without PokeWalker it seems). There's also an $850 graded version available lol. I'm certain you can find a copy for the original €45 launch price if you're patient enough; but that's pretty much the minimum you're going to have to pay.

Why are they so expensive? No idea. There are literally millions of copies circulating the market.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic