Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,081 to 27,100 of 27,318

ThanosReXXX

@rjejr Yeah, thinking about it. My sister says I should sue, and so does an acquaintance of mine, who actually works for the bus company. Especially since X-rays aren't included in the basic healthcare package, and they're not cheap either, so I should probably charge the SOB's for it.

But of course, there's the whole 'burden of proof' thing, so knowing my luck, it'll probably end in me having to pay for it anyway, but it can't hurt giving it a try. Well, at least not more than a broken rib...

Currently, the morphine-based pills (tramadol, great stuff) are doing their job, numbing the pain enough for it to be able to give me some much needed night's rest. The first couple of days right after the accident, I had only 3-4 hours of sleep per night. So yeah, feeling a bit better, thanks.

P.S.

Who said you were moonlighting as Spectra? Certainly not me. Didn't even know the guy.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

@Anti-Matter
Do you want to do friends codes on 3ds mine is5430 2977 8452

Oh, i have two 3DS FC since i have Older & new 3DS XL.
I will post again my FC later after working time. (Right now i am teaching at Primary School)

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (99 / 100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (95 / 100)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 with all expansion packs and DLC (93 / 100)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90 / 100)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90 / 100)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

SheldonRandoms

Hey I didn't know Bastion was in Fortnite.
Untitled

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena btw

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX Didn't' think about the burden of proof. I assumed you were in so much pain from breaking a rib you would have caused a scene that people would have noticed, including the bus driver. Did you pay for the bus in cash? Everything these days is electronic over here. So if you have a record of the bus ride and the doctor visit any jury could put 2+2 together. And you just gotta hope the bus company knows that and cuts you a check for the doctor bills if nothing else b/c cutting a check for medical bills is cheaper than getting sued for pain and suffering.

Did I ever tell you about my car accident and suing every thing my lawyer could think of? I feel like I did so I won't tell you again now but if I hadn't, well there are some amusing parts I could share. No court, all settled, with like 4 different parties. If you're gonna sue, sue everyone. I think that's what it said on my lawyers business card.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

the_shpydar

rjejr wrote:

If you're gonna sue, sue everyone. I think that's what it said on my lawyers business card.

As a lawyer, i can say this is 100% true. My Torts professors in law school even specifically instructed this strategy. The theory is that if you're starting a suit, it's better to name everyone and everything that's potentially responsible lest you potentially forfeit the ability to sue them later. If any of the named parties are not responsible or shouldn't be involved in the suit, they'll end up getting out during the litigation process.

Of course, they'll have to pay their lawyer until that point. We also all look out for our own.

(The aforementioned Torts professor also offered the pearl of wisdom that one of the great things about maintaining work in the legal profession is that for every lawyer doing their job — starting an action or whatever — you immediately then need another lawyer involved, for the other side. )

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Delibheel

Huh Nintendo just randomly added Nintendogs + Cats back to the eShop at some point in the last few months.

That was... Silent.

In other news, my dad gifted me the My Arcade Pac-Man "pocket player". And oh my God is it sad. Because it looks really cute and stuff and it was a gift so I love it... But the sound... The sound. The screen isn't great either.

No joke, the tiny arcade keychain toy I bought some time ago has better sound.

Edited on by Delibheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@rjejr Yeah, everything is electronic here too. I have a chip card for public transport, so I do have a record of the trip. Except the trip to the hospital was several days later, because that's when I finally decided that the pain became too much for me, and that I needed to know what was going on, so that's why I got the X-rays taken.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, that several days delay could certainly be a legal dilemma. "Beyond all reasonable doubt" and all that. Sometimes it literally doesn't pay to "man up and walk it off". Though it might be worth a shot just b/c your sister said so. Better to argue unsuccessfully w/ a lawyer now then w/ a sister for the rest of your life. (I have 2 sisters, I'm allowed to type that.)

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

rjejr

@the_shpydar Oh, I get it from a legal perspective, makes perfect sense. But it just becomes odd when a car crashes into your car messing you up, then you get a lawyer to sue that car, but the lawyer sue's your girlfriend who's driving instead. Good thing we weren't married at the time. Did sue the other driver. And the company he worked for, he was on the clock. And the city b/c the stop sign was twisted 90' on the pole. Possibly even the house we crashed into for doing more damage. I think the house may have have been illegally extended outside it's property line onto public property by 6" or something. He earned his 40% or whatever it was, long time ago. Leave no stone unturned. Pretty sure he said that to me.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

ThanosReXXX

@rjejr Haha, my sister's a dear, and not really a type to hold a grudge, although she isn't afraid to speak her mind either. But this is just out of concern for me, not because she thinks I would be stupid not to, so I'm not to worried that she would potentially be holding this over my head if I don't act on it.

Octane

That moment when you misread dear as deer...

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Oh, believe me: my sister is anything but doe-eyed...

Anti-Matter

Octane wrote:

That moment when you misread dear as deer...

Hungary as Hungry,
Flour as Flower,

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (99 / 100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (95 / 100)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 with all expansion packs and DLC (93 / 100)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90 / 100)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90 / 100)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX "so I'm not to worried that she would potentially be holding this over my head if I don't act on it."

Better safe than sorry. 😉 You already waited too long to go to the doctor, don't wait to long to go to the lawyer. Fool me once... Though I'd go to the bus company first. I really don't like lawyers. Just be honest, tell them what happened, ask them nicely to pay the bills. Wouldn't work here, but it might there. That may sound hypocritical of me, but I only got my lawyer after the guy who was speeding and crashed into us and totaled our car tried to sue us. He was driving a big metal van, he was fine, but he lawyered up. I really only got mine to defend myself, not get paid, suing everything in site was his idea.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

rjejr

@Octane Are you allowed to write something that short in here? 😂

So, get your Dreams beta code yet? 😛

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

ThanosReXXX

@rjejr Well, I would first have to actually GET the bill, before I can ask the bus company to kindly pay it for me. Over here, bills are charged afterwards, by means of the care company you're registered with, so you don't pay directly to the hospital itself.

Octane

@rjejr No, I've given up. I'm certain their servers couldn't handle the traffic, it was definitely a problem on their end.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic