Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,081 to 27,100 of 31,904

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter No, she said "Voilà!". It's French. I can understand why you think it was Walaa, because it does sound like that, but it's not how you write it. So, there you go: you learned something new. You're welcome.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

1UP_MARIO

@JackEatsSparrows love this game. One of the only games I finished all in 3d. Finish it. Can’t wait for luigis mansion 3

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Wazaaaa!!!!

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows Yup, wakawaka up the wazoo...

Anti-Matter

WakaWaka ??
Waka Laka !!

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

No.

HobbitGamer

Anti-Matter wrote:

Behold, I am become the destroyer of threads.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@rjejr " Do you know WHY American college students visited Amsterdam in the 90's? "
The universal appeal of speed skating?

@JackEatsSparrows Boxy was best. At least there was some character to it versus the "we've carefully designed this to not have any shape or recognizable feature" of pretty much all design and architecture of the 21st century.

Plus they were made of metal back then. Metal is better than plastic.

@ThanosReXXX Heck mine was only bruised, not broken (I think...never got it checked, but since the pain wasn't as excruciating, I presume,) and it took about 2 months. And really 10 months or so before applying pressure in the wrong spot didn't twinge a bit.

Hey, at least I can lay on the floor at all

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

RedderRugfish

Guess who just narrowly avoided being in the middle of a 4 car pile up?

Got a feeling I wouldn't have walked away from that one without some bad injuries.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I'm not sure sarcasm actually translates to Asia well. Not sure about @anti-matter in Indonesia, but in Japan, sarcasm/irony as a concept doesn't really exist. There's a word for it. They're aware of it as a concept. But they don't really have it, don't really use it, and don't really get it when used. It's just contextually non-existent there. And it would get pretty blank stares if used. I believe the same is true of China.

Of course I'm sarcastic as heck so that's a bad time....

@ReaderRagfihs "Guess who just narrowly avoided being in the middle of a 4 car pile up?"
Benedict Cumberbatch?

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I loved my 2000 Cherokee because it was a boxy tank. My current '98 Dakota is great, but I'd love an old F-100 or Chevy Cheyenne

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Morpheel

To be fair saying "That's a cautionary tale" when being shown a picture the winner of a big beauty pageant is kind of ironic. It's totally fitting to remind the person she won the constest. Sarcasm or not.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@Delibheel Yah, I meant the humorous picture of the gentlefolk showing how large the hands on her waist was in comparison. As in, be cautious not to squeeze tightly.
Do beauty pageants still have all the other scoring categories besides beauty? or is that just those 'Miss' pageants.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Morpheel

I don’t really know much about beauty pageants. I think the stereotype is that they have talent shows.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Yeah, I'd heard that.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

1UP_MARIO

I’m a father of 4 and I would never want anyone one of my children watching these shows especially my daughters.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia There isn't much difference between a broken or a bruised rib, pain-wise. Except of course if the broken rib went inside and is poking into your lung. Mine is almost completely broken, but still hanging on some filaments of muscle, tissue or whatever, so that and the other ribs are more or less holding it in place, for now. So, provided I don't get smashed into something else before it heals, I'm good.

As for our Asian friend and the concept of sarcasm: in his case, it's more than just that, of course. Besides his not quite perfect English language skills (which in and of itself already make word jokes all but impossible), he of course also has to deal with his autism, and that's already a big deal having to cope with in your own language, let alone trying to understand cryptic and/or sarcastic remarks in another language...

@ReaderRagfihs Well, I guess that in that case, you might just have potentially escaped also having a broken rib or two, so must have been an angel on your shoulder...

@Delibheel I interpreted the cautionary tale bit more as in: "wow, that girl is WAY too skinny", and in fact she is. It's no small wonder that a lot of people get into trouble with their own weight, because they think that they should also have a "perfect" fashion model body...

Morpheel

Yes. That’s part of the irony.

“She is too skinny, that’s not healthy” -> “she actually won the beauty contest”.

A motive of concern becomes a desirable trait in the limited scope of the story.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic