Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,081 to 27,100 of 29,364

Vinny

10 inches of Nintendo Direct predicted for tomorrow.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Andrew_R_2000

IKR!? FINALLY!

Be yourself!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Ouch, that's a nasty set of locations. Standing-room-only on busses/trains is kind of the pits (except in Japan where the packing of human meat is so dense that there's no method of injury...... )

OTOH....that bus is GORGEOUS! It looks so clean...and nice....and new....and.....clean....I mean I don't even feel the need to take a shower after having looked at it. Busses here are filthy black stained nightmares where even the ones that aren't 1970's hold-overs look like they otherwise should have been, even when they're brand new.....they are not cleaned....ever....it would appear.....and the walls are lined with graffiti'd ads for pretty sub-standard services and products......

I'd be jealous of your transit if only it wasn't actively trying to kill you.....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Oh, we also had those over here, about 10 years ago. But ever since they privatized the company (used to be owned by the government), they seem to have gained a far bigger budget, resulting in faster replacements of older vehicles. The model on that picture, is actually a Mercedes Benz Citaro bus.
Looks like this on the outside:
Untitled
And then there's also even newer models, from a different brand:
Untitled
When the government was still involved, from after the war until the early 90's, we went from these in the 70's and early 80's:
Untitled
To these in the mid 80's and late 90's:
Untitled
After that, the various bus companies in various regions became more and more privatized, which first resulted in this model:
Untitled
until they were completely owned by private investors and directors, and they were much improved, such as the models at the top. Same goes for the subway and street cars/trams. They more or less have the same interior. Trains are now also privately owned, and these too have been heavily modernized.

If you've ever been here, like @rjejr has, and it has been quite a while back, it will be quite the change for some tourists who are somewhat familiar with public transport over here...

And with that, we conclude our lesson on public transport in Amsterdam...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX Oh my, those 2 red buses are ugly. It's like they were designed by some WWII aficionado who had a thing for armored transport vehicles.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

ReaderRagfish

You guys ever just walk into a thread and are unsuspectingly hit by several buses?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs DISCLAIMER: more buses incoming...

@rjejr Back in their time, they weren't considered as ugly, but as state of the art, and very sturdy and durable. They were made by DAF, which for all intent and purposes, is the Dutch equivalent of Volvo. They make trucks and buses that last a LONG time. Even outside the Netherlands they are well known in certain circles, in large part because DAF trucks also always compete in the Paris-Dakar race. I don't know when exactly you were over here, but you must have seen some of these models driving around. Outside of the city, they had different colors, for the various regions, but the models were largely all the same.

That burgundy red bus was yellow in more rural areas and in other cities, it was dark blue.

But actual direct post-war buses actually looked pretty good, well at least: if you're into old-timers and so on...
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

AlohaPizzaJack

So this is what happens when I drift in and out less often, huh?
Prime example why Tramadol and Google Images shouldn’t be used together.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows And what do you know about Tramadol, hm?
But in all seriousness: I'm in full possession of all my faculties, so no drug has addled my brain in any meaningful way. Been using it now since last week Wednesday, and only the first three days did the side effects of the drug bother me, but by now I'm already used to it.

ThanosReXXX

@Octane I already told him that:

ThanosReXXX wrote:

"Same goes for the subway and street cars/trams. They more or less have the same interior. Trains are now also privately owned, and these too have been heavily modernized."

I just didn't post any picture of it, since I thought I'd already posted more than enough of them...

Vinny

Looper was a great watch. Next I'm gonna watch Coherence and Edge of Tomorrow.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

NEStalgia

@octane wow that's a nice bus... Looks like the newer MU trains....

I just don't get it... Where's the urine? The layer of black sticky "something" that coats every surface? The dirty diapers under the seat? The bottles of booze in paper bags? You Euro lightweights are doing transit all wrong... . No etched graffiti into the windows! No sense that i may get groped at random by someone of difficult to discern gender (or species)!

A

NEStalgia

AlohaPizzaJack

@ThanosReXXX I Had to learn a great many things to get my CPC 😂

But yeah, it’s not a terribly disruptive med. I think most common discomfort is a tummy ache. Like most pain meds. Glad it helps some, the ribs are horrible to break. We never think about how much work a single bone or area does till it’s not 100%. Hope you can get some sort of financial relief though, wherever it’s from.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia That's a train, man...
And we have pretty strict overseers in our public transport, so if for whatever reason you decide to do your business in any of the means of transport, you will probably be apprehended and fined all but immediately...

@Ninfan No thanks. And I don't use my 3DS anymore anyway. And more importantly: I only game with people that I actually know, no offense.

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows I have had this injury before, but the first time I broke one, it was during winter sports, so more or less my own fault. I always say that in times like these, you're never more aware of having ribs, or whatever body part is hurt. Normally, you're just not that aware. Busted my back on several occasions as well, and in those instances too, I was never more aware of the fact that I had a back, than when I was in pain because of it.

As for my personal experience with Tramadol: on the first day I experienced nausea, dizziness, sweating, itching, a dry mouth, and drowsiness, so practically all side effects listed, and I couldn't even finish my dinner, so my appetite was also severely diminished.

The second day was just dizziness, dry mouth and drowsiness, and on the third day, I was only mildly light-headed, and by now, six days in, I'm actually wondering if they're helping at all, because even though I'm sleeping a little bit better than before starting with the painkillers, I can still feel the pain regardless.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

M'kay folks, what'd I miss besides a Nintendo Direct announcement?

And who went and topped off NL's public transportation fund?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx I guess I'm responsible for that. Although it's only Amsterdam's public transport...
What you may have missed, is me falling in the bus, due to an overzealous bus driver, stepping on the brakes like there was no tomorrow, and as a result, I slammed into a folded bench, breaking a rib on the right side, and also suffering a rupture in the middle bone of my right pinky finger, because I unsuccessfully tried to catch my own fall, which resulted in my hand being squashed in between my body and the folded bench...

And that started a whole discussion about interiors and exteriors of public transport in Amsterdam.

So, there, now you're all up to speed again, ma'am...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic