Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,081 to 27,100 of 96,318

Tyranexx

One of the crazier recipes out there is for spaghetti tacos. I'd try it, but I've always had a slight preference for burritos and tamales. Definitely tamales. 😍

Whoever suggested switching between two times needs slapped. I'd rather stay on Daylight Savings Time year-round. That way I'd realize there's still a sun when I get off work during the winter months. XD

(Okay, my Monday hasn't been bad, just long)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx I agree. There’s actually a House Bill up (again) that would end DST. Since, you know, it’s not the 40’s still.

We also should ditch US Standard and move to Metric. But there was an independent commission in the early 80s that told the Reagan administration that, essentially, Americans are to dumb to understand it and adapt to a change. So we’re stuck using Hands to measure horses, Yards to measure Feet, and different Spoons to go in Cups.... 😑

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

I saw on the news DST causes people to be 25% more likely to have a heart attack. That's no joke they were serious

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I'm usually slightly messed up for about a week or so even though I try to compensate for it in advance. No matter what, physically and mentally my body thinks it's Time A when it's really Time B. This one is always worse for me since it affects sleep more.

@AlohaPizzaJack: I've read about that bill though I don't know how much good it'll do as they've been introduced before.

Metric would be a bit of a change for me, but I could adapt to it and ultimately wouldn't mind if we did switch. With temps though...I kinda prefer Fahrenheit. I used to know how to convert both it and Celsius to Kelvin pretty well, but that was back in high school. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Switching the time, specially going one hour forward from winter to summer time, can mess up your sleep schedule. When people don't sleep well, they're more likely to have heart attacks.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Vinny

Watched Captain Marvel today
It was alright, I guess.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia The Cold War has never really been gone, so that's nothing new. Things just evolve into new forms/formats, but the essence remains. My point was that I try to and want to stay away from all of that,
and I also don't care if they harvest my info, seeing as I've got nothing to hide or be afraid/ashamed of,
nor do I possess anything that might be of enormous interest to them, other than my online purchasing and web browsing habits, data that is also extrapolated from me by Western companies, hence my previous mention of "to-may-to, to-mah-to", because it's all the same to me. Not that I particularly like it in general, but it is what it is, and they all do it, so I don't feel the urge to have more worries about one or the other.

I've already got more than my fair share of things to worry about in both my private and professional life,
to also take on the world and try and make it a better or more aware place, and I don't like these kinds of topics in general, so that was the reason for my perhaps a bit too aggressive response. Glad you're able to see it in perspective, but on that note, I'd highly appreciate it, if we can leave the rest of the whole "Chinese agenda" behind, and get back to more interesting and useful topics (far as I'm concerned).

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

Am I the only one that misread it at first, and wound up thinking @Morpheel ordered yams online?

@AlohaPizzaJack No, you definitely weren't the only one. We must have had food on the brain when we read that...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Daloblast

I really don't mind daylight savings, it more like just dread spring and welcome fall, but otherwise I haven't really minded it.

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter what do you mean the games are cartridge only .do you not use cartridges

Ninfan

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter LUKIE GAMES is an Australian site. I think they sell cheap DS games . Maybe 25 Australian dollars for Pokemon games. Have a look I think it might be what your looking for

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

Unrelated news, it's damn near 50 degrees in Chicago. Crazy part is it feels like summer considering what we've been given as of late. Only last month it was negative 20 😃 so I'm loving it

NintendoByNature

Ninfan

@Octane my I pad keeps spelling wrong sorry .I ment I read what anti matter wrote wrong..

Ninfan

HobbitGamer

Ninfan wrote:

@Octane I see .I think ideas anti matter wrong..

....What is this, I can’t even.

EDIT; thanks. Now I can.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan If you're talking about this Lukie Games, then you're wrong, because they're American, not Australian.

Not that I know of any other Lukie Games, mind you.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Wow, Earthbound loose costs $199 there. Nope.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic