Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,361 to 26,380 of 27,368

Bunnymentendo

I sent my Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer New 3DS console to Nintendo for repairs, however I'm kinda worried that they won't either fix it or replace it. That particular model is rare nowadays, at least where I live.

Is it always guaranteed that they will do either of those options?

I'm a rare example of a guy who likes both cartoons and anime equally. Also, Breath of the Wild is AWESOME! (No Lego Movie pun intended)

Check out my Youtube channel here if you like cringy humor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858 | Twitter:

Blitzenexx

@BeetonTheRobot: I have no experience with sending consoles in for repair. From what I've read online, they normally don't send a replacement unit unless the one sent is very hosed. What's it doing that caused you some concern?

I still kick myself for not grabbing the HHD New 3DS model when it was still available. If I had known the other limited releases would disappear faster than you can blink....I'm still particularly bitter about those $99 black and white Mario systems.

Despite its weight and larger-than-I'm-comfortable-with upper screen, overall I'm quite happy with my SNES N3DS XL.

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Majora's Mask 3D, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Wii U VC)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ReaderRagfihs

I believe they'll send you a message asking if it's okay for a replacement to be sent instead if they can't repair it.

I have a New 3DS XL, and it's pretty good, but every once in a while I'm tempted to buy an original 3DS and a circle pad pro, as the added grip and larger C Stick look better for those long Monster Hunter sessions.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

Bunnymentendo

@Blitzenexx The L and R buttons have gathered dust and they didn't respond very well, so I attempted to take a lightly wet toothbrush and start scrubbing them carefully. That only made it worse though, and they became so unresponsive that I couldn't use it anymore. I eventually found my current New 3DS XL and I transferred all my data there. I even took it (The HHD one) apart to clean the buttons properly and carefully, but it didn't work either. I regretted doing all this since.

I'm really hoping they can save it. I also don't mind if they send me a replacement.

Edited on by Bunnymentendo

I'm a rare example of a guy who likes both cartoons and anime equally. Also, Breath of the Wild is AWESOME! (No Lego Movie pun intended)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858 | Twitter:

Delibheel

Never "wash" your electronics. Just, never. No water. Ever.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

subpopz

@Delibheel How else are you supposed to get them sparkling clean?
Untitled

Edited on by subpopz

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Blitzenexx

@BeetonTheRobot: Bummer. I've had shoulder button issues with my old GBA SP (I suspect those are lint-related) and with the right trigger on my used DS Lite. Thankfully I haven't experienced the same with both of my 3DS models yet (knock on wood).

Hopefully they get your issues resolved in any case!

Bunnymentendo

@Blitzenexx Thanks. Hopefully they don't disappoint me.

JackEatsSparrows

BeetonTheRobot wrote:

I attempted to take a lightly wet toothbrush and start scrubbing them carefully.

Untitled

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Blitzenexx

Delibheel wrote:

IMO this still isn't as bad as the "charge your electronics in the microwave" thing. I wonder what goes through the minds of the people who actually did that.

I have used the barely damp (not wet) q-tip procedure on used Game Boy cartridge pins though. It works like a charm!

JackEatsSparrows

@Blitzenexx WHAT!? The microwave? Seriously, how is that even a ‘thing’. WTH is wrong with people.

I’ve used rubbing alcohol on old cartridges since it evaps quick, that’s it.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Blitzenexx

@JackEatsSparrows I wish I was joking. It's been a few years by this point, but it was definitely a thing. For iOS users anyway.

I've read about using alcohol to clean the cart pins as well, but some sources mentioned that it left a residue....The trick is to barely get the q-tip wet to begin with, wring it out, then gently scrub at the pins while holding the slot towards the ground. That method came in handy when I was briefly collecting Zelda games for the GBC and GBA. The ALttP/FS cartridge had some weird green residue (hard candy?) that made the cartridge hard to read until I cleaned it.

Edited on by Blitzenexx

TheAwesomeBowser

BeetonTheRobot wrote:

I attempted to take a lightly wet toothbrush and start scrubbing them carefully.

Untitled

Check out my Mario Maker troll level! Level code: 4CDF-0000-03CE-3189
Steamed Hams!

ReaderRagfihs

Delibheel wrote:

In this situation (and most others) it was a bad idea, but Nintendo's recommendation for sticky buttons on game controllers is a wet toothbrush.

Blitzenexx wrote:

IMO this still isn't as bad as the "charge your electronics in the microwave" thing. I wonder what goes through the minds of the people who actually did that.

Wasn't that another one of 4chan's pranks?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

JackEatsSparrows

@BeetonTheRobot Just thought of something, but not sure if it’s possible. If Nintendo can’t repair the unit, can you just replace the innards and essentially swap shells?

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Blitzenexx

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

Blitzenexx wrote:

Wasn't that another one of 4chan's pranks?

Yep, and there are cases where people actually fell for it according to the internet.

NEStalgia

@Delibheel I thought it was ok as long as you use the "delicates" cycle?

I mean I know a guy that says he's been laundering electronics all his life! I don't think it's so bad.

@Blitzenexx "but it was definitely a thing. For iOS users anyway."
Oh....well that explains it. I thought you meant it was actual people doing it!

Hard candy: Probably just oxidation and or corrosion.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Delibheel

I remember the microwave thing.

As far as I'm concerned it was just a meme.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx @NEStalgia @Delibheel Reminds me of an old story, about a lady, thinking she could dry her wet poodle in a microwave. According to urban legend, she then sued the company, because she blamed them for the death of her dog.

@Blitzenexx By the way: if you use pure cleaning alcohol, with a percentage of anything above 80%, then there will never be any residue, no matter how wet the q-tips, that you apply to any surface, are, Pure alcohol of that strength will almost immediately vaporize upon contact with air, so nothing will be left.

And as an extra measure, you can always dry-rub afterwards, with a fresh q-tip.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

Bunnymentendo

@JackEatsSparrows Doing so would require another New 3DS unit, right? I'm good at swapping the innards of a handheld, so this is a maybe.

Edited on by Bunnymentendo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic