Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,281 to 26,300 of 31,604

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: tsp. and tbsp. are also common shorthand designations that I've seen and probably would have served you better. Other than the stuff in parentheses, I typed the recipe card in verbatim. I'm unsure off the top of my head if those designations are common in other English-speaking countries or just endemic to the US (or even just my region).

I know you jest, but hamburger and ground beef are pretty much interchangeable words in my family...unless they're actual burger patties.

Out of simple curiosity, what led your family to settle in the Netherlands?

Edit: NL has a Discord? O_o

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx One simple word: love. My mother was Dutch, and so was my grandmother from my father's side. Guess the pull to (go back to) this little country was too strong to ignore...

And not to worry, I got all the rest of the recipe just fine. Only had to cross off some T's...

As for the hamburger (or should we call 'em hamberders now?) thing:
Over here, there's a distinct difference between the two, with the hamburger indeed being a beef patty, and the meatball always being, well... a ball, as the name suggests.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ReaderRagfish

The discord server's been weird lately. Had some dude join and leave over 25 times while saying some extremely strange and/or creepy stuff.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Morpheel

The only family I have in Europe is cousin Desiree

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Vinny

Could this be the worst product ever made?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Knuckles-Fajita

@ReaderRagfihs Ive seen what youre on about. We've been made aware in NLI and if he shows up my team knows what to do. Bit weird.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ReaderRagfish

@Knuckles-Fajita He said he'd be back in 3 months. So we'll see him again by next week I presume.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Charlie_Girl

Delibheel wrote:

Only 90's kids remember the industrial revolution

ah, yes. I, too, was a Nine Inch Nails fan in the 90s.

I'll be your 1up girl

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

ThanosReXXX

Vinny wrote:

Could this be the worst product ever made?

@Vinny Well, they're pretty gross, so I'd say it's definitely a contender, but not THE worst. That would be a "fun" product of which I can't show a picture here, otherwise I'd be banned. But I can describe it (I think):
it's a round frame, with a plastic sculpture in the middle, in the shape of a human's behind. It's "opening" is a tissue dispenser, and according to the people who sell it, it's a fun toilet/bathroom accessory.

I think it's safe to say that I can rest my case...

@ReaderRagfihs Almost sounds like a Discord version of a Creepy Pasta...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: Neat! Good ol' amore played a part, I see. Your country is one of several in Europe that I'd like to visit.

I think I understand the pull of going back to your roots as well; many of my ancestors (What we can trace, anyway) immigrated to here from Germany in the 1800s. The closest relative of mine who was actually born there was my dad's maternal grandmother (or my great-grandma, in simpler terms). Her family sailed over when she was barely pushing a year old. Grandma still jokes that her mom "learned to walk on the water". XD I'd definitely like to visit Germany at some point and see the sights...as well as test how much German I've lost/retained since high school lol.

Sorry for going off on a tangent there. I find geneaology interesting; it goes hand in hand with my fascination of history.

Aaaaand now I'm craving actual hamburgers. XD

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

BenGrimm

Been Amsterdam twice, it’s an amazing place and I’d happily go back again.

BenGrimm

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Well, I'll be... guess that's something we have in common, then: my ancestors are German immigrants as well. If I remember correctly, my grandpa's grandpa was a full-blood German, and they immigrated to the States long ago. I still got the German last name to prove it...

And no apologies necessary. I think that those kinds of topics are interesting as well. Especially if most of your family doesn't exactly consist of talkative people, safe for a few exceptions like yours truly, so any and all information I got from my parents and grandparents, I more or less had to forcefully squeeze out of them...

ThanosReXXX

@BenGrimm It is, isn't it? For all the years I've lived here, some things can still amaze or pleasantly surprise me. Lucky for you, you're not that far away. All it takes for you to get here, is a couple of hours.

Can't say the same for my fellow Americans...

BenGrimm

@ThanosReXXX

Takes about an hour on the plane from England, and couple minutes on train from airport.

BenGrimm

SheldonRandoms

So many funko pops revved up today due to the London Toy Fair. A lot for Dragon Ball Z, Scooby-Doo, Overwatch (D.Va finally gets to be normal size!), however, SpongeBob got MOAR pops! HOWEVER x2, there's been hints that Maroon 5 will be singing Sweet Victory at the Bubble Bowl, and I think THIS SpongeBob pop is adding MOAR to the fryer that it's going to happen!
Untitled

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

ThanosReXXX

@BenGrimm Yeah, it's about 10 to 12 minutes. It's two stops.

Morpheel

Ahh, did some cleaning on my ipod shuffle. Hadn't changed the playlist in a long time, so iTunes required me to delete everything in it first. Because that makes sense.

Copied the old songs and did some curating to rescue the songs not from itunes (and the itunes songs that are no longer available for download [which sucks how they can just remove them, btw]).

That took a while but I really like my shuffle, so it's great to have some new songs in there.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic