Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,281 to 26,300 of 37,749

Eel

Yeah...

On the topic of misplacing things....

I was once at a Walmart with my mom, and she wanted to buy a clipboard, but we were gonna gonna be out of town on vacation for some time, so it made no sense to buy it then. Since I'm rather tall, I hid it above the shelf, at the highest place, so we could buy it on our way back home.

We totally forgot about it until a year or so later.

It was still there. A time capsule from a past time. We finally bought it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@TheAwesomeBowser Only in Australia, then, because over here in Europe, it doesn't. The address is just 'www', not 'https' for me. Not that it really matters anyway. A good antivirus program, in combination with a good anti-malware program does a far better job keeping all the crap away from your computer.

And then there's of course also highly recommended little gems like CrapCleaner and Autorun Eater...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Well, if anything, that kinda tells me something about the kind of employees working there...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@TheAwesomeBowser So, your point? As it stands, "the site" itself does not have a secure connection at all,
that's either just your ISP or the gateway handling the transfer to your computer, that's creating that SSL.

Eel

You can add the s to the http on the address to make it secure.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel I know, but that's just what I tried to clarify: the site itself isn't secure by default.
You can either make it so manually, or if your router/modem has the option to do it, you can let that handle it automatically.

GeoChrome

ThanosReXXX wrote:

And that's 5 heads... 3 more to go, until Rearrangers Anonymous.

This is totally my sort of thing, I hate it when someone puts a book in the toys aisle.
I’m in if we call it Rearrangers: Infinity War. I would think that you agree, as your name is Thanos.

Reading: Berserk, Bungou Stray Dogs, Vagabond
Watching: ?
Playing: Ōkami

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Eel

He snaps his fingers and half of the items put themselves back in their place.

Then anarchy reigns when the shoppers notice half of the items in their carts are gone.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: I can't excuse blatant laziness. I sort of get it from an antisocial standpoint though.

I was in two Walmarts and two GameStops today on a game hunt. On a Saturday. No, I don't know what's wrong with me either.

I've almost resigned myself to buying the first Xenoblade Chronicles either used or digitally at this point. Now to figure out how I'll clear the needed space on my Wii U....

There ARE some copies at a decent price available on Amazon, but I suspect they might be illegal reproductions. They apparently work on NTSC systems without a hitch and are allegedly leftovers from Saudi Arabia, the UAE, etc.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@GyroZeppeli Kinda like it, but I do want to keep it in the spirit of the AA, and me and @Blitzenexx already kinda agreed that it was gonna be called that, but we can use it as a very neat subtitle, or the title of our campaign against "store aisle & shelf polluters"...

@Delibheel Well, the rearranged items fixed by that finger snap would be items that they ultimately wouldn't want anyway, so they'll probably just shrug it of, and head for the checkout...

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx I'm not really an Amazon regular, but them selling bootleg stuff sounds kind of unthinkable to me. Then again, I could be wrong. And besides, even if that would be the case, if it works, it works, and that's all that matters. Over here, it's still available.

And just to be sure: the original one was the Wii game, so don't you actually mean Xenoblade Chronicles X?
EDIT:
Never mind, I already looked it up. Never knew that the Wii game was offered as VC on the Wii U.
Now I think I also understand what you meant by those fake discs.

When I go to the Amazon page, I only see official versions, though:
https://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Xenoblade+Chronicles...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

SheldonRandoms

Somehow working on getting said "3XL" Tracer and Goku Black shirt to fit, however will they ever fit? Find out in Frieza's logic for five minutes.

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

GeoChrome

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Kinda like it, but I do want to keep it in the spirit of the AA, and me and Blitzenexx already kinda agreed that it was gonna be called that, but we can use it as a very neat subtitle, or the title of our campaign against "store aisle & shelf polluters”…

That’s fair.

Tyranexx

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@GyroZeppeli Kinda like it, but I do want to keep it in the spirit of the AA, and me and @Blitzenexx already kinda agreed that it was gonna be called that, but we can use it as a very neat subtitle, or the title of our campaign against "store aisle & shelf polluters"...

I'd be okay with that as a subtitle.

@ThanosReXXX: Most of the Amazon reviews seem to indicate that they work without a hitch, but I'm still a little uneasy about them (One of the questions and its answers gave me pause). I prefer new games over used and physical over digital in most situations. What I was hunting for was the XC 3D variant since I have a 3DS capable of running the game now...but couldn't find any copies whatsoever. It's frustrating as I know I saw a copy at the local Walmart shortly before the holidays. There are new copies still available online but are priced at least double what they're worth (or more) depending on the source and seller.

The cheapest option at this point would be to get it digitally on the Wii U eShop. I think I'll be able to manage the space, but I'll have to delete some updates....The easiest way would be to delete my download of Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I stubbornly want to keep it for now.

That Amazon link unfortunately doesn't seem to work for me.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx So, seeing as Delibheel isn't entirely on board, we're now more or less 5,5 heads strong, so we're well on our way for the RA Group...

As for the Amazon web address: it might work if you either remove the 's' from 'https', or remove everything before 'www' entirely, that should do the trick.

Here you go:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Xenoblade+Chronicles+...
www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Xenoblade+Chronicles+Nintend...

As for the Xenoblade game: the options on that page look legit to me, and there's of course always the option to go with used. You may not be a fan of it, but if you go with a reputable game shop, then it shouldn't be an issue. And if it concerns a 3DS cartridge, then it shouldn't be an issue in the first place, since you'd have to be an absolute wrecker to damage these.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

CharlieGirl

@Blitzenexx there's always eBay.
you can filter for listings that allow returns, and listings in your country (which I'm assuming is the U.S.)

I'll be your 1up girl

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Okay, that's weird, the links also don't work for me, even though I copied them directly from the actual page. Oh, well. Just go to the Amazon home page, and paste this in the search window:

Xenoblade Chronicles Nintendo Wii U

That will most definitely do the trick, and should land you on the same page that I was on.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

I’ll be the guy that goes to the mettings and eats from the snacks table, but never actually participates in the group activities.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

GeoChrome

You can be the intern.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic