Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,261 to 26,280 of 96,481

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Haha, yeah... The guy's got a great radio voice, though. I now follow him on his new channel,
Tome Of Infinity, since the Classic Game Room is no more. His voice over videos are much better than the ones that he actually appears in, but in general, the quality has improved by leaps and bounds, since that Seaman video, which still looks kinda clumsy in certain areas.

Good call on that parrot game, by the way. It's just not a game for real men...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Haruki_NLI

Just read an article on our sister site and oh my god the wiener waving contest is strong.

Like how much of an ego and fanboyism do you need to say "The game our platform had in development hell for 10 years that came out clunky and highly divisive is better than your game in hell for 6 years that came out average and that proves you're playing catch up".

Christ, faith in humanity plummeting.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita So, which games exactly is this d*** measuring contest about?
I'll take a guess on the Microsoft game, which will probably be Crackdown 3?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Crackdown 3 vs Last Guardian. And how apparently the state TLG released in, divisive, is better than Crackdown 3's average and how that shows Xbox cant keep up.

Like alright, keep it in ya pants kids. XD

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Agreed. We must be getting old or something...
As for Tome Of Infinity: just click on the YouTube logo in the Seaman video to go there. Mark has transferred all of his CGR videos to his new channel, so you've basically already found it.
EDIT:
Just in case you weren't aware of this either: after the closing of CGR, Mark went on alone under his YouTube name Lord Karnage and kept making videos, but all of these videos are now also under the banner of Tome Of Infinity, so might just have to do some catching up where watching his videos is concerned...

@Knuckles-Fajita Indeed. And then they say that Sony has no nasty fanboys...
When will the kids ever learn, huh?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX When they move out of their parents basements, end up in the real world, and realise, oh crap, my walled garden approach to what I like and dismissing everything else doesn't get me far.

You know, like the rest of us.

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Walled garden? Well, that's a very nice way of saying "blinders"...

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Well, there you go: you're all up to speed again...

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs No, me neither. That guy had anything BUT a good voice...
Did watch the final video, though, as part of the whole farewell to CGR series of videos.
It was appropriately weird...

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: I haven't gotten around to the others yet. I had only intended to watch one of the aforementioned videos last night and ended up just watching the other three as well. XD

I've never done webcam roulette stuff since I'm one of those private types, but the amount of people that seemed to be high in those videos....

@ReaderRagfihs: I probably would have enjoyed that for a little while as a kid. The first game I recall playing that involved talking to something was one of the Nintendo games on the DS. They weren't always the best with commands.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs I've only ever known of three people: Mark, the other guy in the Seaman video, and the one with the annoying voice that did CGR Undertow. I basically only enjoyed Mark's videos, and still do.

@Blitzenexx The two videos I posted, aren't webcam videos, though. Nor did I ever watch or participate in webcam roulette myself, but in this case, I too found them quite entertaining to watch. But yeah, quite a few stoners in there...

As for that DS game, you've said it exactly right: you would have enjoyed that as a KID, but not as an adult, no sane person would or should, far as I'm concerned.

Fun fact: there were more games where you had to say things or even shout into the microphone of the DS, but in quite a few of them, you could also simply blow into the microphone instead of shout, because it ultimately had the same effect. Much like basically only having to wrist-flick a Wii remote to play Wii Sports tennis, instead of making the entire arm and body movement of an actual tennis player...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Of course, and I actually did, as well as with bowling, but shouting into a DS microphone was a bridge too far for me personally...

HobbitGamer

My other bestie got her birthday Switch! Now she’s playing SMB3 all night πŸ˜‚

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
"but shouting into a DS microphone was a bridge too far for me personally... "

I have a Pomeranian puppy from Nintendogs + Cats 3DS Toy Poodle named by Gemini, played on my Old 3DS XL.
He will answer to me by calling its name "Gemini ! " via 3DS microphone. πŸ€“

Also, i have trained another puppy on Nintendogs + Cats to do some tricks like Right Paw, Spin, Sit Down, etc but in Indonesian language. So, i said "Duduk !" for Sit down, "Putar !" for Spin, "Kanan !" for Right paw.
He will not understand English since i taught him with Indonesian words. πŸ˜…

Anti-Matter

Eel

Well I mean, creating a sockpuppet account where he pretended to be his cool, hip and raunchy gamer gal daughter qualifies as weird, I'd say.

Anyway. Enough of that...

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SheldonRandoms

In other news, when I ordered Chinese food, all they gave me was rice buried in vegetates which didn't even look like vegetates with a tiny amount of chicken on top.

It was like getting pineapple on my pizza from the past or something.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfihs: Yep, that was supposed to be Nintendogs. Autocorrect is pretty touchy on my phone today....

@ThanosReXXX: Right, I know that what you linked wasn't the webcam roulette stuff.

As for the blowing into the mic: I did figure that out at one point, but it seemed prudent to use actual voice bits when training the dogs in those games. Other than lazy commands, none of mine were raunchy to my knowledge.

The only other games I recall heavily using the mic on were WarioWare: Touched! and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. As much as I like some of the tunes of that Spirit Flute, I'm not sure that it's wise to make the player of your game lightheaded.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ninfan

Hello I wasn 'nt making spam .I was just looking to swap friend codes

Ninfan

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I've thankfully not run into that in real life.....i can't even imagine. Headphones loud enough to hear, while on a head no less, externally have got to be loud enough to cause hearing loss within minutes when worn. Even open back ones let alone closed. Only time mine get loud enough to hear externally would be classical in highly dynamic passages... That can get mighty loud in contrast to the rest of the content just as it does live... But it also lasts seconds before sinking quiet again, thus not sustained SPL like modern brick wall limited mastering garbage.

Other than unamplified acoustic music i can't even do live music anymore. I used to... But the modern geriatric 25 year old both engineers seem to think anything quieter than the tarmac at LaGuardia is just too quiet. Last time i tried any live show my ears were in all out pain under pressure and sounded "hollow" for half a day after (insert dark souls pun). Never again. I'll listen to my cables..... And hard drives.... In quiet instead

Still ain't no Zuljaras level hearing though.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic