Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,241 to 26,260 of 27,573

Matthew010

@Anti-Matter I really think you should keep your PS4, at least for now. In my opinion, The Sims 4 isn't likely to come to Switch and neither are any mainline Kingdom Hearts games. Personally, I don't see why you would get rid of your PS4 if there are still games on you like or used to like and might want to play again sometime.

Matthew010

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter just sell the PS4 if it makes you happy or give it away to friends or family

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

As gamers we never die. We always have spare 1ups here and there and everywhere

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Late

My mother just sent me a photo of a drawing I made when I was ~6 years old. It features the first 150 Pokémon and it's been missing for over 10 years. I'm so glad it was finally found. I have fond memories of drawing it and it was on my wall for years. I'm going to visit my family next week and scan it/take pictures of it and post them here and/or to the art thread.

Edited on by Late

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Matthew010

I've just found out my Wii can play GameCube games and I have a few questions.
1. Do I need a Memory Unit? I've seen online people say that you need a memory unit to play GCN games on the Wii. I never had a GameCube, so do I need one?
2. Do I need an original GameCube controller or do the Switch Smash ones work? Can I use either the Switch, Wii U or Wii GameCube contollers or do I need an original GameCube one?

Thanks!

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

1UP_MARIO

@Matthew010 1 you need a memory card. Third party cards are cheap. If you have a softmodded Wii then you won’t need them.

2 gamecube controllers which has the gamecube port on the end. Smash Wii u and switch controllers work if they have the gamecube port

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
I have some Gamecube games and i played them on my Wii. So....

1. You need a Gamecube Memory card to save your data. I used the 2043 block third party Gamecube memory card, white color and working really fine since i bought on year 2017.

2. You NEED a Gamecube controller to play Gamecube games on Wii. Mine is very Limited edition Purple on Top with Clear on the Backside. 🤓
And... You Cannot use Switch Pro Controller / Wiimote / Joy Cons to play Gamecube games. 😅
You need Gamecube controller for Wii U with gamecube port to play Gamecube games on Wii.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (99 / 100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (95 / 100)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 with all expansion packs and DLC (93 / 100)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90 / 100)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90 / 100)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
Remember, the Mini version of NES, SNES Cannot play the actual cartridges.
Wii Mini itself was even worse than First model Wii.

My Top 5 games :

1UP_MARIO

@Matthew010 I think the mini will come in the next 10 - 12 years. The n64 mini hasn’t come out and I don’t think it’s coming out any time soon

Matthew010

@Anti-Matter Yes, but what I was thinking was that a Mini GameCube would have 20(ish) of the best GameCube games (Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion etc.)

Matthew010

Matthew010

@1UP_MARIO To be honest, I'm ok with waiting at least a few more years. Buying a controller , memory card and all the games could start to get pricey quickly.

Matthew010

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
One more thing.
If you are looking for second handed Paper Mario The Thousand Years Door from Ebay, the price were still Insane.
Better wait for long time until there is someone sell with cheaper price.

My Top 5 games :

1UP_MARIO

@Matthew010 not really. If you still have your Wii. All you will need is a controller, a mem card and a game. It’s more cheaper if you soft mod your Wii. Then all you’ll need is the game you want as you can use any Bluetooth controller you want including the wiimote and nunchuck

Matthew010

@1UP_MARIO I'm not willing to mod my Wii. Personally, for me, buying all of the games would be expensive. Sunshine is £24, Mario Kart's £10, Luigi's Mansion is £16. Sure, that's three games for £50, but at the moment, I'd rather spend the money on Switch games.

Matthew010

1UP_MARIO

@Matthew010 yeah. It does get expensive when buying games for older system. I bought most of mine 15 or more years ago

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Yes, chicken IS boring without being flavored. However, it doesn't always need to be spicy (as in hot/piquant) and/or oriental (just another label for various kinds of spicy... ).

A whole spit-roasted chicken, just seasoned with pepper, salt, and a decent helping of garlic cloves stuffed underneath the crispy skin, can already be quite good. And when I just bake some fillets in a pan, I use those ingredients as well (garlic grounded/pressed in that case), and maybe some yellow curry powder (the non-spicy but very tasty kind).

And on other times, I do like my chicken to be more spicy, and I marinate it with the following recipe:
ketjap manis sauce, a bit of sambal (the amount of it depending on one's own taste/preference), finely chopped garlic, ginger (either powder or very finely chopped), olive oil, curry powder, and then let that sit in a deep, plastic foil-wrapped plate (in the fridge) for half a day (can also be left overnight, if you want the chicken to soak up the ingredients even more) and then either bake it in a pan as a whole fillet, or cut it up in strips, and stir fry it with some fresh vegetables of choice, and put it on a plate with some cooked rice to complete the dish.

You can also cut it in larger pieces, and put them on a skewer, to make sateh.

@Blitzenexx Well, that's presumptuous. Maybe some of us would just be wanting to know about that enormously successful hit recipe of yours, you know, to try it for themselves...

But, I do have to say, that it does take some balls, to label all of us like that, in one fell swoop,
so there's that...

@GyroZeppeli Mayo on chicken? What kind of culinary barbarian are you?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

ThanosReXXX

@Matthew010 Question: do the games HAVE to be new/sealed? If not, I'd advice you to buy them from this web shop. Saves you a heck of a lot of money:
https://www.consolemad.co.uk/product-category/nintendo/gamecu...
They also have memory cards:
https://www.consolemad.co.uk/product-category/nintendo/gamecu...
And on this Amazon page, you can find plenty of GameCube controllers, for decent prices:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=gamecube+contro...

So, as you can see, it really doesn't need to become pricey at all. Just got to do a bit of searching...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

Knuckles-Fajita

@ThanosReXXX Chicken satay is nice when prepped properly.

My culinary tastes lean very heavily to spices, so chilli, curries, so on so forth.

Chicken itself is just...I call it a template food. Chicken feels more like an ingredient to be smushed with something else, than something you can eat as part of a larger meal like a potato or something.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Delibheel

We had chicken salad for dinner yesterday.

It was good, I added dijon mustard and bits of cheese.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic