Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,201 to 26,220 of 96,323

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia No, I didn't. And besides, anytime I see someone mention Final Fantasy, I just faze out and return to my own bubble, where that over-bloated series doesn't exist anymore...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
I NEVER throw away any game boxes.
They are hidden treasures for me, the rare things like from other planet.
I arrange my game boxes tidily based on their categories.

Anti-Matter

Octane

The only game that's from another planet is Seaman. That's some straight up alien nonsense!

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Haha, yeah. The first time I played that, I literally had NO idea what I was about to experience.
And yet, it was strangely compelling, so I kinda binge-played it for quite a while. Also of course because of the tamagotchi-like features of the game. Wouldn't want to have let my little baby fish-human die...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

I actively tried to kill my Seaman. “Insult me, will you? Thou shall not tempt thy Player, manfish!”

I think I still have a Tonooki Mario missing the spring somewhere. It’s like that animated short “The Cat Came Back”.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Octane wrote:

The only game that's from another planet is Seaman. That's some straight up alien nonsense!

I've never played this but have heard a lot of craziness about it. Not quite sure it'd be my cup of tea. XD

Currently grilling some ribeye steak. It's been awhile since I've had any.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter that’s really cool.

All this talk about boxes make me sad as I’ve thrown a lot away and most I have to store in the attic which has a funny smell

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

1UP_MARIO

My games space
Untitled

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows Aha! So YOU killed Leonard Nimoy...

@Blitzenexx Do you still have a Dreamcast? If so, and if you can get it for a decent price, I promise you that the game is worth experiencing. It's just too special and too weird of a game to not have at least played it once. And personally, I actually had a lot of fun with it, and it kept me hooked for months.

It's just one of these one of a kind games that, although they don't exactly define a system, definitely do make people tie the two together: "remember that weird game with the talking fish man on the Sega Dreamcast?"
And it was also one of the first, if not THE first, voice controlled games, so it was unique and innovative in more ways than one.

You could watch a video of it, to get some idea of how it plays, but I've found that even though watching clips of it brings back memories, it isn't exactly the same as playing it yourself, because the conversations you'll have, are always different, and the progress of the game largely depends upon your specific actions and answers in the conversation.

@Anti-Matter That looks pretty nice, and very tidy also. I see you're taking good care of your games and books.
I do see a wall, however, that could also use some care and attention...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Holy beans! Nice space!

I don't really have a dedicated space per se (well, my entertainment center, sorta). My Wii/Wii U games are nestled on one side of my entertainment center with some other random gaming stuff (Wii remote + nunchuk, system manuals, etc.). My handheld everything occupies three shelves in my room. My 3/DS shelf isn't far from full though.

@ThanosReXXX: No Dreamcast here unfortunately. I never even knew anyone who owned one. I'll probably end up watching some footage at some point at least.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO That looks pretty decent as well. What's with the blue Switch screen? Didn't even know that was even possible. I like the red though, so even if it is possible to change it, I'll probably still leave it as it is...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX Thanks. Blue was just for the picture

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Ah... that's a shame. It had so many great games, and it's actually rather unbelievable, seeing how short its lifespan was. I always suggest to people that love great games and great systems, to try one out, or buy a refurbished one. Nowadays, they usually don't cost more than 50 to 60 bucks.

But in the mean time, I guess we actually will have to make do with some videos for now, so here goes:

Friendly warning concerning the second video, in case you're not familiar with the Angry Video Game Nerd: his videos are always semi-sarcastic, and there's quite a lot of adult speak and f-bombs involved. But I do like to watch them, every now and then, even just as a break from the norm...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

Was anyone else just presented with a super quick system update on their Swatch? 9pm est here in us

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO Aha, did a bit of Photoshop magic then, right?

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX I wish I was that talented. Was on YouTube and paused it just at the right time. 😂

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Ah, thanks for re-posting that. Forgot all about it, but it's hilarious. Be sure to give it a watch, @Blitzenexx. Some Dreamcast fan managed to let the game join a webcam roulette via PC emulation, and it confuses the hell out of people. Classic internet gold...

And now that I've actually seen the video in it's entirety, I see that there's even two more parts to it, from what I gather from the playlist that appears when the video stops.

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Aha, duly noted. By the way, in case you didn't do that on purpose: the video starts halfway a third of the way in, instead of at the beginning, where there are also a couple of funny moments.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic