Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,201 to 26,220 of 27,622

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Alantor28

Huh, cereal. I tried the Super Mario cereal (The one with Super Mario Odyssey, mind you!) and it was delicious. I wish they continue making the Super Mario cereal.

In other news, I played Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch version) a few days ago and it was fun. I may have missed out on the Wii U version, but the Switch version is far superior though I am a fan of the Wii U, but I like the Switch version better.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

AxeltheBuizel

Super Blood Wolf Moon sounds more like a generic and edgy Sonic OC.

Edited on by AxeltheBuizel

Alpha 2 is the best Street Fighter and that's a fact~

ThanosReXXX

BenGrimm wrote:

Liking the look of Mysterio, glad they went with the fish bowl.

Wait, what? Mysterio appears in the new John Wick film?

@Blitzenexx Ah, you'll get to them, whenever you'll get them. They're not going anywhere, so once you get that Bluray player, you'll be able to see them in their full glory, and in the comfort of your own home...

the_shpydar wrote:

Meanwhile, i'm amazed by the amount of people who are all like "What? Why is Mysterio being a hero?" Like, do you have no idea who Mysterio is? Do you not get that it's obviously a ploy?

Ugh. The only real downside of being a comic fan for decades now that comic-films (and Marvel in particular) are popular is having to see idiots ramble about things they don't even bother to understand.

It's either that, or the "idiots", who probably see us comic lovers as nerds, really couldn't care less and just want a ready to go explanation without them having to browse through several years of comics series...

All joking aside, I'm not surprised anymore that they leave out what we probably consider (or what ARE) key factors in certain heroes' story lines, but they already explained multiple times that the MCU is NOT the Marvel Comics Universe, and of course it would take too long to put years and years of comics into the movies, even though most of the heroes get at least a trilogy, but that still wouldn't suffice, if you look at it from a time scale point of view.

I'm actually surprised they managed to get as much in these trilogies as they did. Although in Iron Man's case, they probably could have done without that dumb Mandarin-related story line, and then they would have been able to elaborate a bit more on Tony's personal story. Oh, well. Guess we'll have to take the good with the bad, huh?

@GyroZeppeli I'm not quite sure that dancing mat games are a good example of someone being a full-grown man...

@ogo79 No, man. They need veggies and good, wholesome foods, not all these processed food sugar bombs with all kinds of artificial coloring agents and carcinogens in them...

@Alantor28 How do you know it's better than the Wii U version, if you missed out on that one? The difference really isn't all that big, other than it perhaps running a bit smoother, and the graphics being ever so slightly sharper, much like the differences visible in all the other Wii U ports.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Alantor28

ThanosReXXX wrote:

BenGrimm wrote:

Liking the look of Mysterio, glad they went with the fish bowl.

Wait, what? Mysterio appears in the new John Wick film?

@Blitzenexx Ah, you'll get to them, whenever you'll get them. They're not going anywhere, so once you get that Bluray player, you'll be able to see them in their full glory, and in the comfort of your own home...

the_shpydar wrote:

Meanwhile, i'm amazed by the amount of people who are all like "What? Why is Mysterio being a hero?" Like, do you have no idea who Mysterio is? Do you not get that it's obviously a ploy?

Ugh. The only real downside of being a comic fan for decades now that comic-films (and Marvel in particular) are popular is having to see idiots ramble about things they don't even bother to understand.

It's either that, or the "idiots", who probably see us comic lovers as nerds, really couldn't care less and just want a ready to go explanation without them having to browse through several years of comics series...

All joking aside, I'm not surprised anymore that they leave out what we probably consider (or what ARE) key factors in certain heroes' story lines, but they already explained multiple times that the MCU is NOT the Marvel Comics Universe, and of course it would take too long to put years and years of comics into the movies, even though most of the heroes get at least a trilogy, but that still wouldn't suffice, if you look at it from a time scale point of view.

I'm actually surprised they managed to get as much in these trilogies as they did. Although in Iron Man's case, they probably could have done without that dumb Mandarin-related story line, and then they would have been able to elaborate a bit more on Tony's personal story. Oh, well. Guess we'll have to take the good with the bad, huh?

@GyroZeppeli I'm not quite sure that dancing mat games are a good example of someone being a full-grown man...

@ogo79 No, man. They need veggies and good, wholesome foods, not all these processed food sugar bombs with all kinds of artificial coloring agents and carcinogens in them...

@Alantor28 How do you know it's better than the Wii U version, if you missed out on that one? The difference really isn't all that big, other than it perhaps running a bit smoother, and the graphics being ever so slightly sharper, much like the differences visible in all the other Wii U ports.

Hmm, good point. Sometimes, I don't understand what I say.

PSN: MMX20

Knuckles-Fajita

So that cute guy at work who flirts with me asked me out but I'm at work that day. Was gonna be to his college art exhibition (Which if he doesn't pass having seen the works in progress Ill be stunned!).

So yeah, thanks work for being in the way -.-

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GyroZeppeli

@Link-Hero But seriously

Delibheel wrote:

How long did you take to come up with that jab.

@ThanosReXXX It does take a lot of time and effort to be good at it, which Anti-Matter certainly is based on his A rank average.

Edited on by GyroZeppeli

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Change My Mind: Johnny is the best JoJo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704 | Twitter:

Blitzenexx

AxeltheBuizel wrote:

Super Blood Wolf Moon sounds more like a generic and edgy Sonic OC.

It sounds to me like a Castlevania-esque anime/manga series. I'm gonna try to see it since the weather conditions (minus the temps) are supposed to be fairly decent by then. If it was tonight, I'd be outta luck.

In my quest of 100% completion in Majora's Mask 3D, I spent nearly an hour with the wonderful Beaver bros. earlier. Ugh. UGH. UGH!!! Whose idea was it to have a swimming mini-game tethered to both a bottle AND a heart piece? If I wanted to play Superman 64, I'd seek out the game itself....Much raging was to be had with Beaver #2. Good grief are those stupid rings (and, to a lesser extent, the swimming controls) finicky....

Edited on by Blitzenexx

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Wii U VC), Detective Pikachu

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

BenGrimm

@Blitzenexx

I’m sure they made that part easier on the 3DS but it’s still a pain in the backside.

@ThanosReXXX

Ha, quite the crossover if that ever happens 😀

Edited on by BenGrimm

BenGrimm

Knuckles-Fajita

Update to my life and the such.

I have a boyfriend now. Thats a...thing.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Blitzenexx

@BenGrimm: I did manage to get past it, but dang. I don't think I've raged that much at a Zelda minigame since I had to hit the old dude 300 times in TWW HD. I finally overcame that one by driving him into a corner.

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Wii U VC), Detective Pikachu

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

BenGrimm

@Blitzenexx

Just had to google that one and it looks fairly annoying. Been a long time since I played WW and it’s fairly low on my favourite Zelda games.

BenGrimm

Anti-Matter
OMG, what the heck....
Purple gay Genie ? 😲
Ugly fat Snow White ?? 😫

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (99 / 100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (95 / 100)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 with all expansion packs and DLC (93 / 100)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90 / 100)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90 / 100)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

ReaderRagfihs

So I was planning on getting a Wii U for my birthday in a few months, but Gamestop's doing a two day sale right now where systems are $30 off and games are buy 1 get 1 half off.

I'm tempted. Thoughts?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic