Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,181 to 26,200 of 96,305

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel That's probably the difference, then. If they didn't mind, you also didn't have to. My parents did, and probably didn't appreciate me ripping gifts apart, so I never did. Never regretted it either. I do have carrying cases for most of my consoles and cartridges, but never enough to fit all of them in there, and I also like the box art of these games. I'm not really a hardcore collector, but the games that I do own, I'd like to keep in as complete a condition as possible.

@NEStalgia No, you're not alone: still got all my original N64 cartridge boxes, and even quite a few of those horribly large boxes that PC and Amiga games used to be packaged in...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Octane

Delibheel wrote:

I'm almost sure they threw out most of the [cardboard] boxes themselves...

That happened to me as well. Didn't really have a choice

Octane

NEStalgia

I've never understood people throwing packages away. I've had to dispose of some at times due to damage or such caused by weather disasters and such, but I try to keep it as long as I can. It pained me in December to go down the street and see a neon red & blue switch box hanging out of a trash can. I'm thinking "You just got that, that's yours, you paid money for that....why are you throwing it out?!?" I still have my SNES box!! Though I fear it may have taken water damage at some point....I'm too pained to check it. Somewhere the NES box is still around too.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Nessjestic I'm pretty sure there's a Nigerian prince trying to take it away from you daily.

OTOH, it sounds like you were married to the Nigerian prince briefly.....

NEStalgia

Eel

@Nessjestic well as you say, people do that when they're in a relationship, some logic is lost and we can only see in pink.

What's important is that you had the clarity of mind to accept the problem and the strength to end the relationship.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Haha, I know how you feel. Still got all my console boxes, my Bluray and even my DVD recorder box, my TV box, and so on. I probably won't for a long time, but I also always keep in mind that I may have to move all that stuff to another location some day, and I wouldn't want to have to wrap all of it in blankets or that weird, bubbly plastic...

@Nessjestic Yeah, I'd have to agree with @Delibheel there: HUGE red flag. People that would want a relationship with you, should accept you and your hobbies as they are. As long as it isn't getting out of hand, with literally the entire house looking like some kind of video gaming shrine, it should be okay.

Personally, I'm damn certain that any woman that wants to live with me and move in here, is going to accept my game collection, and if not, then she can walk right out of the same door that she came in through...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Nessjestic Well, lesson learned, at least. Good thing it was "only" about having to throw away hobby-related things. Could have been worse. And good that it certainly didn't turn you off from gaming completely, which could also have happened.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX "As long as it isn't getting out of hand, with literally the entire house looking like some kind of video gaming shrine, it should be okay."

So, like, define "entire?"

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, as long as the diner, the kitchen and the bathroom are free of any video-game related paraphernalia, you'll still be within the margins of sanity...

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia As long as artwork from instruction manuals aren't embroidered on the TP, I think it's ok.

We tossed most boxes after the warranty periods expired. Military family, moved around alot, didn't like boxes, haha.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I mean....there's Super Mario cereal in the kitchen...and the collectors mug........I mean that's where it belongs! And I mean you can play Switch on the toilet, so it's not like the bathroom can stay free of all video game content. I think the laundry room doesn't have anything.....so I'm good, right?

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Yeah I still have my original cases. Leaving games out got you straight up cussed out (I was a boring little girl, my mom needed something to work with. ) Even the cardboard N64 ones. I use the Zelda ones as decorations so I endeavor to keep them nice. That being said, my N64 collection is my largest second hand collection so I will be buying repro cases next year. I still have 2/3rds of my stuff in storage though so things may have gotten damaged/ crushed by now. Ill take inventory next year. There may be tears lol.

Except sega saturn games. All mine are second hand and geez SEGA diid worse than the N64 for bad choices in cases. So many repro cases to buy.

@ThanosReXXX um now that kingdom hearts 3 is a thing does my Buzz Lightyear soap dish and Woody toothbrush holder count? Yes, I swear I am 33.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well... look at all the reactions that this comment of mine has sparked...
As for Switch on the toilet, that's only temporary, although I would never do that. Heck, I don't even read on the toilet, and I flush with the lid closed. Haven't you ever seen that episode of The Doctors, where they discuss poo bacteria and molecules? All of them floating around, and being tossed into the air as you flush, meaning that the Switch will be covered in them, if you have it in there...
For me, that's a typical example of never in a million years, my friend. Never.

What I was actually talking about, and have actually seen once, is a toilet wallpapered with Nintendo posters, bedrooms for adults with glass cabinets with statuettes, controllers and other peripherals, and even Nintendo IP-themed sheets.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Doesn't @rjejr have FF girls on his bathroom clock? Or was that a joke and it was just generic mermaids? I can' never keep these things straight.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama I fear for my NES boxes (and carts) that were put into an attic long ago....and I know critters have been up there.....I can NOT get myself to ever see what condition the carts are in.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Nah, I didn't see any critters up there. Of course, that was last week.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I've no idea. Must have missed that conversation...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic