Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,161 to 26,180 of 96,519

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Why not? Did you use the official contact page, or your inside roads, as moderator?

@Nessjestic Fair enough. It's super easy, though. I'm not really an expert myself, but I was able to do it right the first time. Even if you're not going to do it, but are perhaps still somewhat curious regardless of not going to do it, just look at the videos from 8 Bit Flashback about putting 200 games on your SNES Mini, and see how it actually goes.

@Ant-Matter Boo hoo...
People should decide for themselves, what to do with devices they've bought and own. If he doesn't want to do it, that's fine, but you shouldn't go around telling people what not to do.

@JackEatsSparrows Don't you go talking like Anti-Matter.
In all seriousness: I've got 88 games on mine right now, and all of them are 100% great...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
But, you told to other people to hack the SNES mini.....
Same like i told people to not hacking the system, so...... 😏

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Nice! I had a bunch back in the day on my Dreamcast. It was easier than rifling through my Tupperware of snes carts. Folks can say what they want, but it’s nice to have all my stuff consolidated.
True story, I’ve bought EarthBound carts 3 times in 20 years because I lose them. New, used, used.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter No, I did not TELL people to hack, I gave a suggestion for what to do with it.
You literally said "don't hack the console". If you want to leave it to the person themselves, as you should,
then you should have said: "I don't think you should hack your console" instead of telling them not to.
There's a BIG difference there, which you should try and understand, and appreciate or respect.

@JackEatsSparrows How does one lose cartridges? And the same game every time, no less...
And it certainly is true that it's nice to have an all-in-one box. My Wii is my go to retro console, nowadays.
Besides Wii games, I've got GameCube, N64, PSX, Neo Geo, SNES, NES, GBC, GBA, Genesis, PC Engine (TurboGrafx16) Atari2600, Colecovision, Commodore Amiga and MSX emulators and games on the connected hard drive, as well as BoR Engine games, and Doom and Quake conversions, which look and work great with the Wii remote controls.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I'm not a native speaker, so i just said from what i understand so far, with my English knowledge i learnt.
I didn't even know how to talk in different context.
Sometimes i just saying so explicit like kids tell to their parents.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, you've been on here for quite a while, and seeing as you are a teacher, you know how to teach, so it wouldn't be at all strange if you would be able to pick up some words and sentences from other users, and slowly get better at English. (kind of like being your own teacher)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Louise29

hello there everyone I am new here, by the way is there a way to see who is online

https://4drclanforum.com/

ThanosReXXX

@Nessjestic Glad you're happy with it. Depending on how far away from the screen and the SNES Mini you're sitting, you might also want to look at investing in some extension cables. I did, and it sure paid off.

Eel

I have a 8bitdo SN30 plus controller with an adapter for the (S)NES mini. Much more comfortable than extension cords.

It also works with the switch, pc, and android so it’s very useful overall.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Classic console, needs classic ways of playing it. There were wireless controllers back then, but these weren't all that good. And what's a bit of SNES gaming without the nostalgic risk of tripping over wires?

Eel

I’d very much not break the tiny plastic toy console by whipping it to the floor.

Also me, being the filthy casual I am, don’t really mind about that kind of authenticity when it comes to retro gaming.

I mean, if I wanted to be authentic, I’d have to go fetch my brother and make him play for me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@Delibheel
Is 8bitdo SNES working perfectly for playing Street Fighter 30th Anniversary ?
I still cannot use Spindrive Smasher from Cammy or Kikkoushou from Chun Li easily with my Joy Cons.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Eh, doing it through the official contact page means it will probably end up in my own inbox anyway, don't see the point in doing that

Octane

NEStalgia

@JackEatsSparrows I feel like I'm the only one that kept each of my carts in their original boxes, and carefully packed them like-new each time I was done playing them (well except the ones I got used that either had no box or had a plastic rental store case.) Surely @Ryu_Niiyama did the same?

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Octane Sometimes I like to email myself to let me know I still care.

NEStalgia

Eel

No, I only started keeping the cardboard boxes after I got old enough to become a hoarder.

Before then? They were as good as trash. I would often break them open too.

I lived dangerously.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NEStalgia

@Delibheel You're never too young to start hoarding. You have a box...then you throw it away and you don't have your box. All for nothing. Just loss and no gain. Tsk tsk.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel You'd BREAK them open???
You... you... you vandal, you barbarian.. you... I... AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

But in all seriousness: even back when I was too young too hoard, I was already VERY careful with all my belongings. I used to hate people that treated CD's as coasters or place mats, having them strewn around across the room or on their desk, and keeping cartridges out of their boxes and what not.

I do think that Sega had the better solution, with plastic boxes, making them easier to keep and maintain, but still. I also have to add that my parents certainly played a large part in this: my father would never even have allowed me to rip or tear boxes that belonged to any game or toy, unless it was truly a disposable package, but if it was meant as a "keep safe container" for the product, then you could bet your @ss that my dad would stress the point of me keeping them in as good a condition as possible, so I learned quickly enough that I'd better not try to defy him, in that regard, lest he'd wack me across the head for disobeying...

Eel

My parents didn't really care about packaging as long as I wasn't breaking the toy/game itself.

I'm almost sure they threw out most of the [cardboard] boxes themselves...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic