Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,141 to 26,160 of 96,298

ThanosReXXX

Blitzenexx wrote:

The main thing I'm trying to dial down is checking comment sections...well...pretty much everywhere. There's some great discussion to be found for sure depending on the site, but....Well, I don't know if it's just the websites I've checked, but it's amazing how willingly some people insult others, troll, or react to something based on an incomplete story, little/no evidence, and/or are just there to cause trouble. All because there's a screen between them and everyone else.

Yeah... sometimes, I try to wrap my head around that as well, to figure out where it comes from. The easiest answer is anonymity, obviously, but I don't think that's the whole story.

I tend to not just consider option A, B and C, but options A to Z, and then cross them off by way of deductive thinking, until whatever's left, no matter how unlikely, must be the answer. But in this case, that doesn't entirely work. I can imagine that, in line with the whole anonymity, it might also have to do with people who are in real life always underdogs, perhaps being bullied, muzzled, silenced, and now, have found a way to express themselves, and because of the built up stress, anger and what not, the whole thing explodes into fits of rage.

And of course, because it's anonymous, it's also without any consequences to them, making the step towards doing it, all the more easy for it, whereas in real life, they might be at risk of being physically or mentally hurt.

Other than that, if you look at YouTube comments sections, it's sometimes also just plain old idiots, that shouldn't have a voice in the first place, and who nobody takes seriously in real life. And of course, there's the actual trolls, who just like to goad and antagonize people, for their own perverted pleasure.

But I can understand keeping Facebook if that's more or less the only way to keep in touch with your parents, other than actually visiting them. Me, I don't do anything with social media at all, except for having a LinkedIn account, for business purposes, obviously.

@SheldonRandoms Ristar was a great game. I certainly wouldn't mind a sequel or a re-imagined HD version to come to the Switch.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Vinny

Is the non-XL New 3DS the rarest 3DS variation? The removable faceplate aspect of it was pretty cool.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

So late last night after playing quite some time in handheld, a thumb and index finger were hurting. I took a look and managed to lodge rose thorns in each finger. Now I have to get my kit and dig them out. Yay.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

The long-time cashier in a local gift shop. The guy who sold pirated movies and music in the sunday market.

Two seemingly random people who died unpextectly yesterday.

Spooky.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GeoChrome

Just did tomahawk throwing yesterday at camp. Man it was fun! It’s been a couple months since I last threw knives competitively, but tomahawks are just so much more satisfying.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

GeoChrome

Kind of, the only think that makes them different from axes is the metal part with the blade can be taken off and is adjustable. Throwing them heavily relies on rotation.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

MarioVillager92

@ReaderRagfihs I remember that too! It probably was a placeholder if it wasn't planned for a GameCube release.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

HobbitGamer

Well these thorns are intent on staying.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

I died. XD

ThanosReXXX wrote:

But I can understand keeping Facebook if that's more or less the only way to keep in touch with your parents, other than actually visiting them. Me, I don't do anything with social media at all, except for having a LinkedIn account, for business purposes, obviously.

I use FB to keep in touch with some other people as well as they're far away. I see my parents roughly every weekend, but normal text messaging doesn't work very well. XD

The only other piece of social media I have is also a LinkedIn account that I probably only check about once a week or so. I primarily set one up to begin with since I've been job searching on and off. Besides that, some have tried to get me to join Twitter and SnapChat, but I'm not a fan of the former and dislike taking photos of myself in general, much less doctoring them to look like an obtuse piece of abstract art. XD

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

Well these thorns are intent on staying.

I'm assuming you're referring to the small-ish ones that can go undetected for a little while? I hate those. Come spring, I'll have to do some trimming on my knockout roses methinks.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haruki_NLI

I am genuinely amazed at how work is going.

My supervisor is still signed off for his heart for another month, the other department supervisor just got signed off with back injuries. Deputy manager getting married, my department manager on holiday...

Heck on Saturday I was the only food person in store, Friday I had to run the warehouse, and this friday we have our THIRD visit from regional management for another conference!

If I keep going like this ill drop dead.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Eel

I ended up buying fitness boxing. Went with the recommended setting of 25 minutes per session.

The game thinks I’m doing great two days in, but right now I feel like my arms are made out of wet towels.

It’s defintiely heavier in the full game than the demo.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

So the Witcher 3 rumour continues because of a job listing that mentions the Switch. Except for the fact that everyone skims over the fact that the listing is by CD Projekt, and not CD Projekt Red, the developer. And the listing is for GOG Galaxy, so it doesn't even have anything to do with game development. And if you actually read the job listing it mentions connecting players across various devices and online stores; so if anything, it's just a software engineer listing to sort out cross-platform play between GOG and other digital storefronts and systems, including, potentially, the Switch.

But no, let's turn it into a Witcher 3 rumour, because that's what everyone wants to hear, right?

Blegh...

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane That's some pretty decent detective work there, Sherlock...
Perhaps you should enlighten the NLife crew, so they can update their article...

@NESSjestic Welcome to the club. Now all you need to do, is hack it and put all your favorites on it.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BenGrimm

I’m slightly concerned that most people are calling Links Awakening the shortest Zelda title yet I’ve been playing for many hours and still have four instruments to find 🤯

BenGrimm

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX @Nessjestic It's already got EarthBound on it. Nothing else is needed Every other game is '100% suck'

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic