Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,101 to 26,120 of 33,103

Morpheel

I mostly just want one as a collectible, not much for their value as actual games .

I like these little lcd games.

Ya know, it's kinda like buying a Funko figure.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RedderRugfish

In that case, I'd say go with Pac Man, since you already have a Ms Pac Man. Whichever one you think looks nicer.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: The house that I grew up in had an open floor plan, so it was hard to get away from; heck, even my own room was in a loft that opened to the lower floor. I did admittedly pseudo-watch it for a period of time, but I wouldn't ever call myself invested in it.

I really don't know what they'll do when it finally conks out. I know my mom really had to hunt for a VCR/DVD player when the old one died, and the device they have now is several years old already.

I don't really bother with recording things and tend to get to shows in my own time. I do kind of regret missing the full onslaught of the Breaking Bad craze though.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

GyroZeppeli

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

I must have frozen my brain. I walked to the break room and back to my office before I realized I had put my lunch in my desk and my wallet in the fridge. Somebody call the pound, today is gonna be ruff.

This is almost an exact recreation of the Alzheimer’s Awareness commercials. Spooky.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

SheldonRandoms

Delibheel wrote:

Ya know, it's kinda like buying a Funko figure.

Wouldn't understand ¯(ツ)

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

HobbitGamer

@GyroZeppeli It was followed by a recreation of the LineLine commercials. Someone called me about an email. I’ll space the medical jargon, but suffice to say that they didn’t understand what clear words meant. It was akin to walking into a Burger King asking for a McDonalds Happy Meal. I repeated back what they said four times, they didn’t understand that they were stating their own solution.

I slid out of my chair, still on speakerphone, and laid on the floor. After a few moments of silence, they asked if I was still there. “Where else would I be?”
“I don’t know. I thought you hung up”
“...did you hear a click?”
“No”
“Did you hear a dial tone?”
“No”
“I need help, im trapped”
“Trapped where?”
“In whatever universe this phone call doesn’t ever end!!”

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Is anyone else's autofill on their phone majorly aggressive? I feel like I spend way more time editing a post than initially typing it. This is why I prefer an actual keyboard. It's a LOT faster for me.

Now here's the same paragraph without corrections:

Is anyone else's autofill on their phone makorlu aggressive? I feel like o spend way more tomorrow editing a post than inirially typing it. This is ehy I prefer an actual keuboard. It's a LOT fastwr for me.

GyroZeppeli

@JackEatsSparrows That’s interesting to say the least. Probably the worst instance of someone not understanding a non-joke (I honestly cannot tell you how many times my friends get wooshed, thankfully I never have to really explain it to them).
@Blitzenexx Yes, but my autocorrect has always been like that. Even with its “superior tech”, or whatever Apple calls it, I still have to edit almost every post because of incorrect spelling. The worst part is when it autocorrects its to it’s and vice-versa (which happened to me while typing this sentence).

My Bio teacher took us on a field trip to a nearby Sam Rhine genetics conference. It was really interesting to see the progress that is being made with CRISPR, but the ethics of it really is a big component. I also got to miss over half the school day since the conference was very long and far away, so that’s a plus.

Edited on by GyroZeppeli

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Morpheel

Auto correct seems to like learning from your mistakes.

But in the wrong way...

Eh! My gameplay videos

Tyranexx

Mine seems to have added some typos to its dictionary. Like that bad example of "initially" up there. It finally stopped turning Majora's into Major's and Majorca at least.

The fact that it often misuses it's and its drives me nuts too.

HobbitGamer

I’ve had to intentionally train my autocorrect for southern speak. I’m usually quite proper, but if I get annoyed or flippant, I’m not always going to type (or speak) correctly. Kind of like giving off a “you don’t care to listen, so I’ll be lazy about it” vibe, I guess 😂

Or if I’m being funny.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Morpheel

I rarely switch languages in the keyboard, so my english autocorrect is rather used to spanish words now.

I can be annoying at times though.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

HobbitGamer

Unless you want to play water polo. Or find a polo shirt. Or contract polio. 😜

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

RedderRugfish

Ah, autocorrect. An invention that's bad enough to annoy you, but just barely useful enough to make you leave it on and deal with it.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Morpheel

Apparently the Tiny Arcades (the one I bought with Ms Pac-Man) come with four games included in every unit (pacman, ms pacman, galaxian, space invaders), and you can do a small hack to make it play any of the four.

I'm tempted to try it. But then again, I don't particularly want to play the other games. So I won't.

Edit: As an update to my money wasting woes, I ended up getting this one.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Never even saw a single episode of Breaking Bad, or its spin-off. And I'm pretty much of the same mind, where it concerns what I watch and when I watch it. I've got some wildly varying tastes, (even watched and/or followed some soaps at times), which go from sci-fi to horror to comedy to whatever genre, but never in the order and/or time scale that others are watching them.

Well, that is: unless my friends invite me to go to the cinema...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Talk about throwing a curve ball...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

I feel like I really need to share this redacted inter-office email with you all...

-BEGIN-

To:[Administrative Office]

Someone sent a thermometer to [Counseling Center]/[Site Manager] via inter-office mail and she doesn’t know what it is for.

Could whoever sent it please let her know what it is for? If it accidentally went in an envelope to her and should have gone somewhere else, can you please let her know that?

Thanks!!

-END-

.....Now, I'm sure that the reasonable person would think "Oh, that's a random occurance, and the question makes sense". But to anyone on this distribution list, and the Site Manager themselves, the first thought should be "Maybe I should ask my nurse staff if they requested a new thermometer, or my safety officer if got a replacement for the first aid kit".
My thought, being all-too-familiar with the thought processes of some staff is simply "...is she confused because she doesn't know what a thermometer does?"

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

NEStalgia

@Delibheel I've never bought a Funko figure before, but yesterday my KH3 Mystery Box arrived, and I have to admit the giant Funko Pop Sora is incredibly awesome.

NEStalgia

Morpheel

@ThanosReXXX I figured, if I'm gonna pay for an overpriced piece of primitive technology, I might as well get one that actually works as a game.

And it plays the song.

@NEStalgia I've bought one Funko, but I do have a few I got as gifts.

I wish I could get the Ian Malcolm (wounded) one, it's like the most random thing to make a funko out of, but at the same time it makes so much sense.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic