Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,041 to 26,060 of 96,488

HobbitGamer

@Octane As long as they put some pineapple with me like a luau, I’d be okay with that. I’ll be Joan De’Arc for pizza.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows Replace the ham with pepperoni or salami, and we have a deal...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

CanisWolfred

Just wanted to take a moment to say that yesterday was a great day, and mostly a reprieve from the mostly-negative gaming news I've encountered as of late. (Except for Activision Blizzard celebrating their "highest revenue" with massive lay-offs. Screw you in your tax-exempt, bloated, overpriced, stocks-inflated, Executive-bribing, franchise-ruining, corrupt-as-**** @$$, Activision-Blizzard!)

Everything shown in yesterday's Nintendo Direct had me jumping for joy, every single thing! I still haven't gotten a Switch, but at this point, I'm redoubling my efforts to save up for one. It's clearly worth it.

Also, happy to find out that Rage 2 isn't gating off its cheat codes behind a paywall like it looked like they were doing - I mean, no one was going to put it passed them, but it turns out that the special edition mostly contains an optional starter pack and some skins, which makes sense looking at the other stuff it's shown to have, and what other deluxe editions tend to have (read: nothing of long-term value). So, it's officially okay for me to continue being excited for Rage 2. I still hate how difficult that is when it involve major 3rd-party publishers, but whatever.

Oh yeah, and while it wasn't released yesterday, I did watch a news reel yesterday on Youtube featuring some MMO news that reminds me how I'm still interested in the genre, it's just a certain kind...like WoW Classic, Final Fantasy XI & XIV, Ultima Online, and other games that either went for a more open-world approach, or just have the sheer quality that FFXIV has. I'm clearly not the only one who feels this way, because those old games I mentioned keep getting updates, while FFXIV keeps showing more promising content, including the new Viera race which should definitely add um...who am I kidding, I just love bunny girls.

Not to mention, personally, it was a beautiful day in my neighborhood, I got a haircut, I feel fresh, I got to hang out at the mall with a friend and see some cool Legos while remenicing on our childhoods...it was just a great day. Which normally doesn't happen on the 13th, but I guess whoever was in charge of that was too busy preparing for a hot date with Lady Luck for Valentine's day. XD

On that note, I hope everyone enjoys theirs, even for those where it's just another day...have a nice day.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Vinny

Since this decade is coming to an end, what will be its most memorable aspect?
Dabbing? Or maybe the nae nae or Gangnam Style

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

LadyCharlie

@Vinny
I think the 2010s can be remembered as the era when memes became a fixture in everyday culture.
(although the modern meme format started in 2007, memes became ubiquitous in the 2010s.)

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX I'm having a hard time picturing you as "perfectly satisfied". 😉

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

@Vinny @Charlie_Girl

So, Brexit, MAGA hats, ISIS and #metoo are down there rounding out the Top 10 of 2010s after FORTNITE, online influencers, the MCU and "One Does Not Simply..." huh? 😂

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

BenGrimm

“Puts hand up” I too am a SG fan.

BenGrimm

ThanosReXXX

@CanisWolfred Well, glad you enjoyed it, and happy to read a positive message about the Direct again, after having to wade through so much negative dross already, only hours after the Direct was aired.
So, any positive and realistic comment is like a breath of fresh air to me.

@Vinny Or it will be remembered for society becoming increasingly uber-sensitive about just about anything, and once again reverting to the restrictive and puritan 30's, with men almost being afraid to pay a woman a compliment, out of fear that someone is going to shout #metoo at them, and train station hall announcers having to change their announcement from "attention please, ladies and gentlemen" to "attention please, travelers", in order to prevent certain groups of people feeling offended and/or excluded...

@rjejr Said the grumpy New Yorker, to the former sunshine state resident...
(EDIT: oh, wait, that's Golden State, not sunshine. But still... )

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX "former"

Well I'm sure formerly you could have been perfectly satisfied, but those days are long gone for us I'm afraid, judging by our last 2 posts. 😢

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Haruki_NLI

One of the management at work tonight said that if my supervisor doesn't come back, he will push for me to be promoted...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@rjejr Oh, I'm actually perfectly happy with my own life. Currently just HUGELY annoyed at all the idiots on here, slamming a pretty much all but perfect Direct, because they didn't get that one game that they specifically wanted.

These last couple of days, I've been wanting to be able to use my avatar's imaginary finger snap more and more...

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Yeah... much good that'll do me, or the world, to get rid of all the glass half empty morons...

Haruki_NLI

@Delibheel He's signed off until March 15th due to a heart condition. Been this way since after Xmas

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Tyranexx

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Oh, I'm actually perfectly happy with my own life. Currently just HUGELY annoyed at all the idiots on here, slamming a pretty much all but perfect Direct, because they didn't get that one game that they specifically wanted.

I've laid off the comment section on some of the articles here lately. Did people get their expectations up too high again? I didn't see everything that I wanted to, but it was definitely an awesome Nintendo Direct. Plenty of exciting announcements IMO.

@CanisWolfred: Woohoo! Another someone here who's still planning on getting a Switch but doesn't have one yet! ^_^ Glad that your day yesterday went well. The Direct was the only highlight for me.

(Short version: I'm dealing with a pretty nasty head cold).

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SheldonRandoms

So apparently there's going to be SpongeBob spin-offs revving up about different characters, which includes series, specials, and even movies, which means FRED RECHID COULD GET HIS OWN MOVIE!!!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Saying they got their expectations up too high, would probably be an understatement.
No, there's a new kind of wind blowing through the halls of the irrationals: they judge an entire presentation as being bad, based upon a single game that they wanted to be shown, but wasn't shown.

And mind you: those supposed games were never confirmed nor hinted at being in the Direct in the first place, they were just part of the many rumors. My suspicion is that the simpletons thought, that just because parts of the rumors were true, that they were probably all true, and hence all the "righteous" outrage at games A, B and C not being in the Direct.

So, basically, you've made the wiser choice by staying out of it. I'm already massively annoyed again.
And I already wasn't feeling too great in the first place, due to my injury...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic