Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,041 to 26,060 of 29,543

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter You're welcome.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel So... you closed down the "As a woman, I don't object to sexy women in video games" thread, but you allowed the republican vs democrat debate to run free in the "How American are" thread? I think the former is more innocent than the latter, and it only got derailed by Charlie the Extremist, as per usual.
If not for him/her, there wouldn't have been any unpleasant part to the discussion.

It was actually interesting and informative, to read about a woman's view on these things for a change, and to see that definitely not all of them agree with the standard, more feminist trope. Instead, I think both threads could have been served with a couple of warnings to the people derailing them, instead of not allowing normal people to discuss it in a friendly and social manner. No offense meant, just my view on things.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Charlie_Girl

@ThanosReXXX it's *her, not "him."
thanks for reading.

I'll be your 1up girl

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

AlohaPizzaJack

@ThanosReXXX I glanced earlier and it seems like the bullhorns left the "How American" thread and it continued on as a normal discussion. Maybe the diff was that both the OP and FP got hung up on disagreement for the sake of it that the sexy lady thread was getting the dumpster fire early?

But yeh, I saw those few posts in "How American" and decided to stay away. I don't like the whole name-calling and hyperbole antics people use, especially for politics but just when coming across different views in general. At the end of the day, I'm gonna be sleeping in my bed and dreaming my dreams, not living someone else's life. So why make things miserable for myself, haha.

Today is a rough day at work. It's just draining with the sheer amount of times I've had to repeat myself. We've got over 500 employees, and I'm quite sure I've repeated things enough for all of them to hear many times over le sigh

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Morpheel

I haven't closed that one simply because the thread title wasn't enough of a red flag to get me interested in checking it.

So I'll go check it now.

As for you, @CharlieSmile please tone it down with the tumblr attitude a tiny little bit. Thanks.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Charlie_Girl

@Delibheel I will say, I'm not gonna be silent and passive when people intentionally address me incorrectly. such as @ThanosReXXX above me.

I'll be your 1up girl

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

Morpheel

@CharlieSmile I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure Thanos said "him/her", as in, "I don't know so I don't want to make assumptions". Nowhere in his post did he refer to you strictly as a "he".

It's worth mentioning I don't mean just that one example, btw.

Anyway, @ThanosReXXX seeing how @Octane has posted in that thread I now declare that thread his and he must keep an eye on it.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@CharlieSmile My bad, and you're welcome.

@JackEatsSparrows Ah, good to hear that it has normalized. Some people will simply grab any and all opportunities to push whatever agenda or short-sighted idea they have, unfortunately.

As for that work situation: been there, done that, so I feel for you. Even more so, since the amount of people is a bit larger than I used to have to deal with. Regardless, it's one of the reasons why I decided to become an independent contractor. Not enough days in the week left to un-stress after yet another crappy and pressure-filled day working for the boss-man...

@Delibheel Mind you, I have to stress that I don't want you to close that thread, just take a look and see if you agree on certain individuals taking it to the wrong next level. The idea of the thread was decent, and like @JackEatsSparrows says, it seems to have calmed down now, but in general, in several threads and/or comments sections, it's always the same people being the instigators, instead of being more open-minded to other's ideas, something they strangely (and quite often) accuse others of...

By the way, what the heck is a tumblr attitude? And forgive me for apparently being too old and not enough social media engaged to get that one.

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Ah, okay. Fair enough. Didn't see you already posted that, since I was still busy making my own comment.

Morpheel

@ThanosReXXX I'd recommend looking around in reddit or google to get the gist. Don't really want to bring the topic here. More.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Understood.

Octane

@Delibheel You know I only check this site a handful of times a day until I find the time to fix my internet? Don't blame me if it's a dumpster fire next time I take a look!

Some of the earlier comments, well, we can do without the first two pages in that thread. But I'm on my phone, and doing mod stuff is a pain in the butt!

Octane

Morpheel

@Octane It's your baby now~

Do like with real babies and check on it once or twice a day until it dies.

Wait what.

Eh! My gameplay videos

Morpheel

Well my only experience with raising babies is limited to tamagotchis.

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel I was just about to say that you were mistaking real kids for virtual pets.
Don't forget to water your plants. Or go for cactusses, erm... cacti.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

AlohaPizzaJack

Tumbler attitude?
Untitled

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Knuckles-Fajita

I got praised at work! Even with losing all my strength and feeling intense pain through my body all shift, I tidied up the main food aisle on my own and....the supervisor said it looked flipping (Changed it for you!) incredible, since you can stand at the far end (And this aint no short aisle) and see EVERY product with just a glance.

That made my day.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic