Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,201 to 25,220 of 96,309

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: I was always taught that lower-case t = teaspoon and upper-case T = tablespoon. Just thought I'd clear that up. I had thought that designation was fairly common tbh.

The recipe had it as "quick oats", but I usually refer to them as just oats or rolled oats. Minced onion could technically stand in for the chopped onions if needed (but where's the fun in that?).

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Alantor28

Am I the only one who dislikes PC gaming, Steam and its fanbase? Before coming here, I was at odds with a PC fanboy on a Disqus site, man he ticks me off. He thinks PC gaming is master race and think all companies (Including Nintendo, PlayStation and more) should be on PC. Maybe he's the reason why I disliked PC gaming because Steam gave birth to arrogant and jerky PC fanboys like him.

Whenever someone says Steam is better than said online service and used the Steam is free argument, I get miffed because it reminded me of that PC fanboy and it made me remember my dislike of the PC gaming community. But I got over it somewhat.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

HobbitGamer

I don’t really do PC gaming anymore, but mostly just because I already do intensive stuff on a pc at work all day.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GeoChrome

@Alantor28 Not many people really like Steam because it’s Steam, it’s just convenient to have most available games in one place. Consumers and developers are starting to flock to the Epic Store because it has better service, so don’t expect people to talk much about Steam in 5 years.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

LadyCharlie

Alantor28 wrote:

Am I the only one who dislikes PC gaming, Steam and its fanbase?

no, you are not.
so many Steam users are insufferable, with their holier than thou attitudes. it's toxic af, and definitely makes me less likely to game on a computer.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Octane

You don't have to be friend with everyone on Steam to enjoy PC games... or am I missing something here?

Octane

GeoChrome

The PC Master Race is just an extremely vocal minority. It’s a bit ignorant to judge an entire platform based on a small group of people.

Eel

Remember back then when people could enjoy a video game without automatically becoming part of a toxic fandom?

Only 90's kids remember©

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GeoChrome

Delibheel wrote:

Remember back then when people could enjoy a video game without automatically being classified as part of a toxic fandom?

Only 90's kids remember©

LadyCharlie

Delibheel wrote:

Remember back then when people could enjoy a video game without automatically becoming part of a toxic fandom?

Only 90's kids remember©

when I was in grade school, I saw two kids get in a physical fight over Genesis vs Super NES.

LadyCharlie

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Apparently only in English-speaking countries...
But in all seriousness: I left the States when I was 9, so as you can probably imagine, I wasn't really into cooking back then, let alone into understanding recipes, and seeing as I've been living in the Netherlands for most of my life, I mostly (if not exclusively) use Dutch recipes. The different sized spoons have different starting letters over here, so no need for a small or a capital t, to be able to keep the two apart...

But good to know. I'll be sure to make that clear for myself, in my recipe book.
As for the oats: if you'd translate it verbatim from Dutch to English, then "quick" oats, would be "oat flakes".

By the way: is it (like the egg) used as a binding agent for the meat? If so, then a more Dutch like recipe would probably have used either finely crumbed toasted bread or rusk (thick, Dutch breakfast biscuits).

P.S.

Blitzenexx wrote:

"Mix the above well with the hamburger"

I thought they were meatballs...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

Delibheel wrote:

Only 90's kids remember©

Remember back when the word toxic wasn’t even used so much that the impact is diluted? And when it only meant Toxic Avenger was about to come on? 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

Now why does Toxic remind me of Britney Spears in a semi-see through cat suit?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Now why does Toxic remind me of Britney Spears in a semi-see through cat suit?

Now I’m wondering how Jack would look with a see through fur coat. Would it be like fiber optic cables, or those cacti barbs that you don’t see or feel going in skin?

#MudStrongs

GeoChrome

@JackEatsSparrows The real question is if we can engineer translucent animals.

Haruki_NLI

So I went on that date.

Lets just say the damage my ex did by being abusive isn't going away.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Not a fan, huh?
Me neither, especially not of the current-aged one. But the younger one in that red latex suit, though...

@JackEatsSparrows Would probably have the same effect as that invisibility cloak that the Hobbits used in the Lord of the Rings movie...

@GyroZeppeli Well, they already mastered creating fluorescent animals, so translucent ones seems like a logical next step...

LadyCharlie

@Knuckles-Fajita
I've been in similar situations, so I empathize. and I am so sorry.
was your date understanding at all?

LadyCharlie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic