Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,121 to 25,140 of 34,183

Tyranexx

@JackEatsSparrows: I don't use normal TV but still followed a couple of shows on NBC via the Internet for a little while. I still had to sit through commercial breaks, plus the site's web player would occasionally malfunction. Then I'd have to do it all over again since my connection wouldn't usually catch up properly when I tried skipping back to where I left off.

I got around it for a little while with blockers, but unfortunately they grew wise to that. I get maybe having an ad every so often, but almost three minutes' worth?

Soo much frustration there. Sadly yet thankfully, said shows ended.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), SteamWorld Heist (Wii U)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

GyroZeppeli

@Blitzenexx Hulu was much better when Hulu+ was still a thing. There was still the free version with ads, but the premium version had more shows/movies and no ads. Now they are charging Netflix prices for what was their free version.

Just got off of school today for Xmas, probably going to be stuck on my Switch for at least 2 days.

Edited on by GyroZeppeli

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Andrew_R_2000

I still have another day! Lucky you!

I think I'll start playing Fire Emblem Heroes when I get my new phone.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

HobbitGamer

One more day in the office before my 4 day weekend. And I’m the only one in my building. Other county sites are ghost towns, too. Yesterday I had....3 emails.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Tomorrow, 22 December 2018 will be Mother's Day in my country Indonesia.
At the same time, as Indonesian Chinese people, my Mom and Auntie will make Red dumpling balls in palm sugar soup + White dumpling balls (palm sugar as filling inside) in Chicken broth with sliced scrambled eggs and spring onions as tradition from China every 22 December.
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ryu_Niiyama

3 emails?! I wish I had that luck. We are in the middle of an upgrade thanks to a vendor simultaneously upgrading about 100 of our clients. So that on top of my regular work has been a little nuts.

(At least I have a job interview today lol)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Blitzenexx Remember when cable TV meant commercial free? Pepperidge Farms remembers....

@Anti-Matter Suddenly I'm really hungry... I love how food in Asia always looks playful and colorful (at least when it doesn't have eyes.... )

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

Ummm... why did I just get a power drop that forced the generators online??

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

One more day in the office before my 4 day weekend. And I’m the only one in my building. Other county sites are ghost towns, too. Yesterday I had....3 emails.

It's slowly gonna get that way today. It sounds like you have the same 4-day weekend I do.

As for the power drop, I sort of wonder if someone didn't plug in their power-hungry Christmas display just in time for Tuesday....

@Anti-Matter: I would totally try that. It sounds delicious!

@Ryu_Niiyama: Yuck, interviews. Good luck!

@NEStalgia: My family actually just used antenna until TV stations were going all-digital. We finally got Dish when I was in high school. I just got used to muting the commercials. Some lucky kids today don't even know what they are. They're spoiled with all this newfangled streaming and DVR stuff.... Waves technology cane

NEStalgia

@Blitzenexx Bah, it comes full circle. Netflix is losing show licensing left and right.... and I wouldn't watch "Netflix originals" if they paid me to watch them.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

Who knows, but the wind is fierce today. IT taking down the network for awhile to replace some battery backups too. Sooo. Gonna tame some raptors

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Tyranexx

Is anyone else getting showered with Christmas goodies at work? There's enough cheese, salami/sausage, chili, and cookies here to feed a horde of ravenous spring bears.

NEStalgia wrote:

Bah, it comes full circle. Netflix is losing show licensing left and right.... and I wouldn't watch "Netflix originals" if they paid me to watch them.

That bad huh? I consider subscribing to Netflix on and off, but I normally find enough to do in my spare time without being glued to shows/movies. Heck, I rarely get around to the movies and show seasons that I DO own. I still need to finish Legend of Korra....

Edit: Good grief, my autocorrect/autofill on my phone is on overdrive today....

Edited on by Tyranexx

HobbitGamer

No food here, but I found a mint in my desk. I think that counts.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Vinny

On vacation until January 11. Time to play a lot of Vita, I guess. (maybe watch some anime too)

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

SheldonRandoms

Managed to get lucky with SpongeBob dissection blind boxes. With the exception of getting a SpongeBob duplicate, managed to get Squidward, Sandy, Gary, Plankton, and Mermaid Man. Considering going back and asking if I can open the remaining boxes, since I NEED Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Barnacle Boy to complete the collection (not counting alt versions of some of the characters)

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

RedderRugfish

Family is starting to trickle in. They'll be here in full force tomorrow.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

FattyWhale_42

Alright, after seeing all the black cat profile pics, I finally caved and decided to switch mine as a tribute to my late fuzzy friend. (7^_^)7

Big Fish. Fun Time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430 | 3DS Friend Code: 5370-0485-5280 | Nintendo Network ID: FattyWhale_42

GyroZeppeli

@FattyWhale_42 Late? How long did you have him/her?

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic