Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,101 to 25,120 of 96,492

the_shpydar

BenGrimm wrote:

Liking the look of Mysterio, glad they went with the fish bowl.

Definitely. No Fishbowl = No Mysterio.

Meanwhile, i'm amazed by the amount of people who are all like "What? Why is Mysterio being a hero?" Like, do you have no idea who Mysterio is? Do you not get that it's obviously a ploy?

Ugh. The only real downside of being a comic fan for decades now that comic-films (and Marvel in particular) are popular is having to see idiots ramble about things they don't even bother to understand.

getoffamahlawnfakenerds

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

LadyCharlie

@the_shpydar oh no! those pesky new fans keeping our favorite franchises alive for new generations, whatever shall we do 😜

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

the_shpydar

CharlieSmile wrote:

@the_shpydar oh no! those pesky new fans keeping our favorite franchises alive for new generations, whatever shall we do 😜

Lol
Yeah, it's pretty much like when you have a fave indie band that you're into, and then they sign with a big record label and have a top 40 hit, and you're all like "Pshhh. I was into them before it was cool!"

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

LadyCharlie

@the_shpydar
I mean, I'm not gonna front like I'm not guilty of being a hipster fangirl.

for example, I am SUPER stoked for the Captain Marvel movie, because I'm really excited for new fans (women and girls especially) to meet one of Marvel's coolest characters.

I'm not one of those jerks that's like "muh you're not a real fan, who drew the first story arc in 2012 dur," but internally (just a little bit!) I'm like "I've been reading Carol before she was cool heck yeah."

LadyCharlie

GeoChrome

I think you mean the Super Blood Wolf Moon Lunar Eclipse U Deluxe 2K19.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

LadyCharlie

GyroZeppeli wrote:

I think you mean the Super Blood Wolf Moon Lunar Eclipse U Deluxe 2K19.

coming soon to the New 3DSi XL SP Lite Pro & Knuckles

LadyCharlie

the_shpydar

CharlieSmile wrote:

@the_shpydar
I mean, I'm not gonna front like I'm not guilty of being a hipster fangirl.

for example, I am SUPER stoked for the Captain Marvel movie, because I'm really excited for new fans (women and girls especially) to meet one of Marvel's coolest characters.

I'm not one of those jerks that's like "muh you're not a real fan, who drew the first story arc in 2012 dur," but internally (just a little bit!) I'm like "I've been reading Carol before she was cool heck yeah."

Ha, yes! I too am psyched for Captain Marvel, but do have to internally suppress that "Don't you know Carol is where Rogue got like half her powers after absorbing her consciousness? And don't you know that Carol's an alcoholic?"

But agreed, it will be cool that so many more people will be exposed to the awesomeness of Carol who never would have been, even if they had already been casuals drawn into the funnybooks by the prior MCU films.

And speaking of Cap Marvel in general, i'm guessing that they won't even touch the alcoholism thing, given the fact that the MCU has barely touched on Tony's alcoholism despite it being a significant part of his character in the comics for decades. And obviously they're not going to go anywhere near the whole "the Avengers ignored that she was being mind-controlled by an alien who essentially kidnapped and impregnated her, so when she regained control and returned to Earth she rightly told them all to Eff Off and lived with the X-Men for years" thing (whuch, to be fair, wouldn't be logical to do in the current MCU).

But i know that if her cat (different name aside) isn't actually a Flerken, there's going to be hell to pay.

The Shpydarloggery

LadyCharlie

the_shpydar wrote:

But i know that if her cat (different name aside) isn't actually a Flerken, there's going to be hell to pay.

#NotMyChewie

LadyCharlie

BenGrimm

Prefer the Warbird look personally.

Untitled

Tho the masked Mohawk is pretty cool too.

BenGrimm

GeoChrome

Link-Hero wrote:

Surprised Anti is excited about the Super Blood Wolf Moon. Why am I surprised? It's because it has the word "blood" in its name.

Just because Anti-Matter likes some kids games doesn’t mean he’s 100% man child. Just look at his adoration for Street Fighter and Dance Dance Revolution.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Anti-Matter

@CurryPowderKeg79
Aw, snap.
I got updated information about Lunar Eclipse on 21 January 2019 will be not visible on Indonesia.
But will be visible on America, Europe, Africa and some Asian territory.

Anti-Matter

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Alantor28

Huh, cereal. I tried the Super Mario cereal (The one with Super Mario Odyssey, mind you!) and it was delicious. I wish they continue making the Super Mario cereal.

In other news, I played Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch version) a few days ago and it was fun. I may have missed out on the Wii U version, but the Switch version is far superior though I am a fan of the Wii U, but I like the Switch version better.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

AxeltheBuizel

Super Blood Wolf Moon sounds more like a generic and edgy Sonic OC.

Edited on by AxeltheBuizel

AxeltheBuizel

ThanosReXXX

BenGrimm wrote:

Wait, what? Mysterio appears in the new John Wick film?

@Blitzenexx Ah, you'll get to them, whenever you'll get them. They're not going anywhere, so once you get that Bluray player, you'll be able to see them in their full glory, and in the comfort of your own home...

the_shpydar wrote:

Meanwhile, i'm amazed by the amount of people who are all like "What? Why is Mysterio being a hero?" Like, do you have no idea who Mysterio is? Do you not get that it's obviously a ploy?

Ugh. The only real downside of being a comic fan for decades now that comic-films (and Marvel in particular) are popular is having to see idiots ramble about things they don't even bother to understand.

It's either that, or the "idiots", who probably see us comic lovers as nerds, really couldn't care less and just want a ready to go explanation without them having to browse through several years of comics series...

All joking aside, I'm not surprised anymore that they leave out what we probably consider (or what ARE) key factors in certain heroes' story lines, but they already explained multiple times that the MCU is NOT the Marvel Comics Universe, and of course it would take too long to put years and years of comics into the movies, even though most of the heroes get at least a trilogy, but that still wouldn't suffice, if you look at it from a time scale point of view.

I'm actually surprised they managed to get as much in these trilogies as they did. Although in Iron Man's case, they probably could have done without that dumb Mandarin-related story line, and then they would have been able to elaborate a bit more on Tony's personal story. Oh, well. Guess we'll have to take the good with the bad, huh?

@GyroZeppeli I'm not quite sure that dancing mat games are a good example of someone being a full-grown man...

@ogo79 No, man. They need veggies and good, wholesome foods, not all these processed food sugar bombs with all kinds of artificial coloring agents and carcinogens in them...

@Alantor28 How do you know it's better than the Wii U version, if you missed out on that one? The difference really isn't all that big, other than it perhaps running a bit smoother, and the graphics being ever so slightly sharper, much like the differences visible in all the other Wii U ports.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Alantor28

ThanosReXXX wrote:

BenGrimm wrote:

Wait, what? Mysterio appears in the new John Wick film?

@Blitzenexx Ah, you'll get to them, whenever you'll get them. They're not going anywhere, so once you get that Bluray player, you'll be able to see them in their full glory, and in the comfort of your own home...

the_shpydar wrote:

It's either that, or the "idiots", who probably see us comic lovers as nerds, really couldn't care less and just want a ready to go explanation without them having to browse through several years of comics series...

All joking aside, I'm not surprised anymore that they leave out what we probably consider (or what ARE) key factors in certain heroes' story lines, but they already explained multiple times that the MCU is NOT the Marvel Comics Universe, and of course it would take too long to put years and years of comics into the movies, even though most of the heroes get at least a trilogy, but that still wouldn't suffice, if you look at it from a time scale point of view.

I'm actually surprised they managed to get as much in these trilogies as they did. Although in Iron Man's case, they probably could have done without that dumb Mandarin-related story line, and then they would have been able to elaborate a bit more on Tony's personal story. Oh, well. Guess we'll have to take the good with the bad, huh?

@GyroZeppeli I'm not quite sure that dancing mat games are a good example of someone being a full-grown man...

@ogo79 No, man. They need veggies and good, wholesome foods, not all these processed food sugar bombs with all kinds of artificial coloring agents and carcinogens in them...

@Alantor28 How do you know it's better than the Wii U version, if you missed out on that one? The difference really isn't all that big, other than it perhaps running a bit smoother, and the graphics being ever so slightly sharper, much like the differences visible in all the other Wii U ports.

Hmm, good point. Sometimes, I don't understand what I say.

PSN: MMX20

Haruki_NLI

So that cute guy at work who flirts with me asked me out but I'm at work that day. Was gonna be to his college art exhibition (Which if he doesn't pass having seen the works in progress Ill be stunned!).

So yeah, thanks work for being in the way -.-

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic