Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,901 to 24,920 of 36,850

BrainOfGrimlock

@Blitzenexx they’re all very worth it imo. I’ve seen all of the Fates titles get a fair bit of criticism (and even hate), but i could give two poo’s - i love all of them tbh, revelations maybe most of all just for the ‘complete’ nature of it

BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

@ReaderRagfish i’d be hard pressed to say whether i prefer the older titles or new - I definitely think the battles in the older games is better? But then i really like the newer ones too...

I got sacred stones in the ambassador program - if i could xfer that to my XL without jumping through hoops (or even better, play it on my switch) then i’d give that a play again in a heartbeat.

Of course there’s also advance wars that’s well overdue a port (why only wii-u? Why?!)!

BrainOfGrimlock

RedderRugfish

@BrainOfGrimlock I never get tired of those GBA battle animations. So smooth...

Advance Wars is great too. It's the biggest reason I wanted to get my Gameboy Player working, so I didn't have to huddle 4 people around one GBA.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Tyranexx

I keep meaning to try the first Advance Wars. I hope it's not too modern for my liking. I tend to prefer fantasy settings.

@BrainOfGrimlock: I've been on the fence about Revelation TBH; I've read that the whole experience is, by most counts, kind of so-so...plus I'm not sold on the DLC-onlu aspect of it. While I really enjoyed the characters and maps (loved many of them) in Conquest, I kind of agree that the story was a bit meh....I didn't think it was as bad as some let on though.

As for the crowd complaining about the waifu censoring, I could care less. That's not what I play FE for.

In order, I've played Awakening, Shadow Dragon, FE7/Blazing Blade, and Conquest so far. Sacred Stones (VC) and Echoes are both backlogged currently.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

AxeltheCorvikni

I might finally get Starlink soon. It's been a game I've been wanting to play ever since I've heard of it, and my local Toys R Us is doing a buy one get one half off sale on a ton of things in store and Starlink is one of them. Weirdly most other video games aren't included in this sale, it's only Ubisoft stuff. I also might use this to get this really neat Lego model of the Hogwarts Express too, as it's included in the sale. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and the Express looks like a neat little thing to display. At this point I'm practically flooding my house with plastic!

Dang it my name's too long

RedderRugfish

AxeltheBuizel wrote:

and my local Toys R Us

Wait, you still have a Toys R Us? I thought they all closed down last summer. Mine did, at least.

HobbitGamer

@AxeltheBuizel I’m more amazed that you have a Toys R Us... Are you a time traveler?? Take me with you, Marty.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@AxeltheBuizel That’s far less exciting of an explanation than I envisioned. 😛

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

AxeltheCorvikni

@HobbitGamer yeah as far as I know Toys R Us only closed in the USA. Not surprising considering the ones I've been to in there have been generally lower quality then the ones in Canada. At least I was able to get a Palutena Amiibo for 2 dollars when they closed down.

HobbitGamer

@AxeltheBuizel They were pretty sad over the past few years. Dimmer lighting, inventory issues, the empty warehouse feel. I got a Ness amiibo for $3 and Chibi Robo: Ziplash with amiibo for $2 before the one in Savannah closed early this summer.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

AxeltheCorvikni

@HobbitGamer I've noticed a lot of that too. In the US they were not a pleasant place to shop but the prices on things I'm interested in aren't too terrible, and occasionally there'll be something at a good price. Video game collectibles don't seem to sell well, so I've often seen them be clearanced out at amazing prices. My local one was selling 40 dollar Street Fighter statues for 8 dollars after no one bought them. I think my local store is starting to catch on though, as they recently reduced the Nintendo section to sell T Shirts. Admittedly they had a ton of Fox McCloud figures that were not selling at full price and I think it may have scared them off from stocking any more merch, as they warmed the shelves for a year!

RedderRugfish

I went to my local Toys R Us the day before it closed down, just because. It was a bit sad. Very few items left for sale, lots of empty shelves, and most of the staff were just cleaning stuff up.

NEStalgia

@Blitzenexx "As for the crowd complaining about the waifu censoring, I could care less. That's not what I play FE for."

This reminds me of Audrey Drake demoing FE Heroes where the entire segment was her celebration of Xander, her husbando. I'm not sure why FE seems to lend itself to become an imaginary breeding program. Ok...Awakening actually WAS a breeding program as part of the gameplay....that was weird. Pokemon and FE mechanics don't necessarily cross without coming across kind of creepy.

@HobbitGamer "Toys R' Us!", "HOW?", "Canada", "Boring...."

NEStalgia

MysticGengar

The last item I ever got from Toys R Us was a Dedede amiibo I ordered online using a gift card I found in my room. It was my first online order ever I did completely on my own. The last thing I bought in-store was a green inkling amiibo. I'm gonna miss getting those coupons in the mail on my birthday that nobody ever uses... This is technically my first birthday without one today. 😭😭😭

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

NEStalgia

@BrainOfGrimlock I really wish FE would get back to basics. The new games have been so rediculously bloated. The core of FE is the simple rock-paper-scissors loop. It's simple. It's tactical. You can think out each move. Valkyria embodies this to a not as refined degree. Echoes really reminds me of how it should be. Awakening and Fates have all this bloated garbage that I lose track of what I'm even doing and easily fall far, far behind on levels/abilities, etc because there's just too much needless complication to keep track of. Intelligent Systems just doesn't have the streamlined edge they used to have, I fear.

@Blitzenexx "social engineering"
....yep....

NEStalgia

RedderRugfish

NEStalgia wrote:

Pokemon and FE mechanics don't necessarily cross without coming across kind of creepy.

"Robin had a baby! We don't know how it got there, but he had it!"

NEStalgia

The whole multi-generational thing sounds better if you don't think about it too hard though.... l In reality, the whole first half of he game is a breeding program! How is that not creepy for a video game? I mean, if there's no petting minigame, then half the story is just QTEs and cutscenes.

@Delibheel LOL

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic