Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,881 to 24,900 of 30,664

GyroZeppeli

It’s a first letter switch. I was saying that the channels Mumkey Jones & Mumkey Jones 2 were both mass flagged and terminated today. I would post a link to the video he made on another channel about it, but it’s littered with profanity and controversial issues.
He actually might die though.

Edited on by GyroZeppeli

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Morpheel

He means there's a lot of Mexican families and people who speak Spanish in California.

Baja California is quite officially part of Mexico, and is currently not tied to the US California in any way besides the name.

As a fun fact, what was originally the one California (California+BC+BCS) is so big because the people who named it started at the peninsula and kept going north. They simply thought it was one very, very big island.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GyroZeppeli

@Delibheel I understand that, I’m living in the biggest state to have Hispanics as the majority population. I also know that Baja technically isn’t part of CA, but they are connected and share the name. Nice fun fact, they don’t teach such interesting things as that in history class at least not in United States or TX history, world history is great.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Morpheel

As a continuation to the fun fact, the name comes from the fictional island of California. Said to be a terrestrial paradise, located on the right hand of the Indies, and inhabited only by women.

Given that the people who "first" found America originally thought they had circled the world and landed in the Indies, then it was only fitting that the Spanish conquistadores exploring the place would call the supposed new island California.

Some sources imply they were not fully aware it was a fictional place, and they honestly thought it was a legendary island they found.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Link-Hero

I recently received my PS4 Pro from Amazon. Bought digital copies of Spider-Man and Shadow of the Colossus through PSN after I set up the system. Both games are excellent for anyone wondering on my thoughts on them.

The one thing I wasn't expecting was that the package came with a PSN 20% discount code. Took advantage of it real quickly.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

NEStalgia

@Blitzenexx "I'll still take face interaction over things like phones though. At least face-to-face comes with cues to begin with...." Here here! I still loathe phones as the most useless form of communication and a waste of everyone's time and energy. The written word is strong, refined, and absolute, and face to face includes context. Phones are disembodied voices with neither the context of face contact nor the refined absolutes of text. Alexander Bell was a hack.

@Delibheel Well, given it's California, the men are close enough to being women that you can't tell without close inspection.... the myth was true enough. (I love picking on The People's Democratic Republic of California.....it's too easy )

NEStalgia

ReaderRagfish

NEStalgia wrote:

Well, given it's California, the men are close enough to being women that you can't tell without close inspection....

Ba dum tss!

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Morpheel

Do keep in mind they started at the peninsula though. I somehow doubt the native Guaycura people they found here were particularly fancy.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

HobbitGamer

@Delibheel To be fair, anything is fancier than a European traveler handing out diseases for free

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Morpheel

And so they did! No native group survived in the peninsula.

Eh! My gameplay videos

Tyranexx

In California, everything also causes cancer. Granted, my state's political climate isn't too much better.

I recall reading about the whole "island" confusion regarding Cali/BC/BCS, but didn't know about the mythical female-only island. I'm kind of surprised that Amazon doesn't have their headquarters there instead.

@NEStalgia: For the time it was invented it made sense, but I consider it an outdated invention at this point. Ironically I spend a lot of time on my phone, but very little of that time involves a phone call. Mostly I'm just using text/FB Messenger and browsing the interwebz.

Part of my problem is the insane amount of spam calls that come through. I have a caller ID app that helps filter through the junk calls, but it's to the point where I don't even answer local numbers anymore unless I recognize the number. Numbers are ridiculously easy to spoof, and more than a few lately have been "local" calls. If I don't get a voicemail, I'm not replying.

Robo systems are worse though. And don't even get me started on the hold music for some companies....

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, any non-RPG on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ReaderRagfish

Unpopular opinion: I like Muzak/elevator music. It's strangely nostalgic to me.

NEStalgia

@Blitzenexx Even that island isn't big enough for the egos of Apple, Google, Facebook, AND Amazon to fit simultaneously.

Videophone was supposed to replace the phone at some point but that never quite happened. Every phone has video. Only Apple users seem to care. And holding a phone up to photo yourself while you talk is also oddly unsettling, though they do keep pushing that concept in advertising. And, yeah, I hear you on the phone numbers thing. The idea that someone in Mumbai can buy 10,000 phone numbers to skype from and 3/4 of all calls received are spam and frauds really makes the device useless as a real time medium. I just use phones as a voicemail listening device. I do the exact same thing!

I don't understand how it remains acceptable to constantly have uninvited calls like that. Useless devices.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish I like the electronic lounge Muzak type stuff used in Japan at times, like the Wii Fit type background music if you remember it. Real Muzak is painful to hear though

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish Dood. We have Cisco phones and I absolutely love the hold music.

@Blitzenexx Nah, that's just me calling in regards to your inquiry for pain-relieving back braces that could be covered by Medicare at no cos......

I'm done.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ReaderRagfish

@HobbitGamer I may or may not have just had that playing in the background for the last 20 minutes. Most productive 20 minutes of my life.

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish That's what I say! It's snazzy. Now I'm gonna Smash when this conference call starts in 15. That's multitasking...

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Tyranexx

@NEStalgia: Heh, fair point. I just hope you got my Amazon reference at any rate.

What's funny is that the "Do not call" list is pretty much useless at preventing the crap you really don't want.

Most of the voicemails that I receive are legit, but I had the tail-end of a weird recorded message awhile back. I THINK it was Mandarin Chinese....

@HobbitGamer: I would kill to be able to game while on the job.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, any non-RPG on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HobbitGamer

@Blitzenexx Well, I always plan on it, but it rarely happens. Two minutes into this call I got roped into discussing a systemic state issue that I'm still having to explain while typing this which is why the modifiers can't be seen in the gammis system where cis employee say they are. this isn't working

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic