Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,861 to 24,880 of 37,058

HobbitGamer

@Delibheel To be fair, anything is fancier than a European traveler handing out diseases for free

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

In California, everything also causes cancer. Granted, my state's political climate isn't too much better.

I recall reading about the whole "island" confusion regarding Cali/BC/BCS, but didn't know about the mythical female-only island. I'm kind of surprised that Amazon doesn't have their headquarters there instead.

@NEStalgia: For the time it was invented it made sense, but I consider it an outdated invention at this point. Ironically I spend a lot of time on my phone, but very little of that time involves a phone call. Mostly I'm just using text/FB Messenger and browsing the interwebz.

Part of my problem is the insane amount of spam calls that come through. I have a caller ID app that helps filter through the junk calls, but it's to the point where I don't even answer local numbers anymore unless I recognize the number. Numbers are ridiculously easy to spoof, and more than a few lately have been "local" calls. If I don't get a voicemail, I'm not replying.

Robo systems are worse though. And don't even get me started on the hold music for some companies....

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

RedderRugfish

Unpopular opinion: I like Muzak/elevator music. It's strangely nostalgic to me.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

NEStalgia

@Blitzenexx Even that island isn't big enough for the egos of Apple, Google, Facebook, AND Amazon to fit simultaneously.

Videophone was supposed to replace the phone at some point but that never quite happened. Every phone has video. Only Apple users seem to care. And holding a phone up to photo yourself while you talk is also oddly unsettling, though they do keep pushing that concept in advertising. And, yeah, I hear you on the phone numbers thing. The idea that someone in Mumbai can buy 10,000 phone numbers to skype from and 3/4 of all calls received are spam and frauds really makes the device useless as a real time medium. I just use phones as a voicemail listening device. I do the exact same thing!

I don't understand how it remains acceptable to constantly have uninvited calls like that. Useless devices.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish I like the electronic lounge Muzak type stuff used in Japan at times, like the Wii Fit type background music if you remember it. Real Muzak is painful to hear though

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish Dood. We have Cisco phones and I absolutely love the hold music.

@Blitzenexx Nah, that's just me calling in regards to your inquiry for pain-relieving back braces that could be covered by Medicare at no cos......

I'm done.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RedderRugfish

@HobbitGamer I may or may not have just had that playing in the background for the last 20 minutes. Most productive 20 minutes of my life.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish That's what I say! It's snazzy. Now I'm gonna Smash when this conference call starts in 15. That's multitasking...

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Tyranexx

@NEStalgia: Heh, fair point. I just hope you got my Amazon reference at any rate.

What's funny is that the "Do not call" list is pretty much useless at preventing the crap you really don't want.

Most of the voicemails that I receive are legit, but I had the tail-end of a weird recorded message awhile back. I THINK it was Mandarin Chinese....

@HobbitGamer: I would kill to be able to game while on the job.

HobbitGamer

@Blitzenexx Well, I always plan on it, but it rarely happens. Two minutes into this call I got roped into discussing a systemic state issue that I'm still having to explain while typing this which is why the modifiers can't be seen in the gammis system where cis employee say they are. this isn't working

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Alantor28

Sometimes, I think people getting upset about games being censored is downright embarrassing and they're getting worked up over nothing.

Just a few days ago, I learned that Steam is banning games that has things I would rather not say. And I rolled my eyes at this with those angry about Steam banning games like that. I mean, come on! They're just video games!

Point is, I think censorship of games is just stupid fear mongering and those who fight against censorship just want attention.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

Tyranexx

HobbitGamer wrote:

Well, I always plan on it, but it rarely happens. Two minutes into this call I got roped into discussing a systemic state issue that I'm still having to explain while typing this which is why the modifiers can't be seen in the gammis system where cis employee say they are. this isn't working

Bummer. Hopefully multitasking works better for you overall than it does me lol.

BrainOfGrimlock

Ugh. Any of you own a game that you just seem destined to play forever? Just came across my Pokemon Conquest cart which I thought I’d hidden far far away...

Now i’m sat here trying to come up with reasons not to fire it up ‘for old times sake’. I don’t have the numbers but I reckon that i’ve put more hours into this than any of the mainline entries. If it wasn’t too easy I’m pretty sure I’d never play anything else, ever again.

Help!

BrainOfGrimlock

HobbitGamer

@Blitzenexx It turned out better. I unlocked Paluetana (I can't be bothered to spell her name correctly). finishing my roster.
@BrainOfGrimlock Just...don't. Ya know what's better than playing that right now? Eating something.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

BrainOfGrimlock

I’ll try... Food is always a great distraction - as it is though I’m finding I have new found sympathy for Gollum.

Must... play... the preciousss...

BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

@Blitzenexx it’s too late for me but don’t do it. Don’t even think about it. Run. Save yourself!

I’d take a switch version/remake over the full switch mainstream poke game, that’s how bad it’s got me (being a huge DW/SW fan no doubt plays a big part)!

BrainOfGrimlock

Fooligan

@HobbitGamer that music is 🔥🔥lit🔥🔥 dude.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic