Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,821 to 24,840 of 29,411

AxeltheBuizel

I'm watching the Gamer's Choice Awards. It's like the People's Choice Awards but for video games and no one looks like they want to be there.

Alpha 2 is the best Street Fighter and that's a fact~

ReaderRagfish

@AxeltheBuizel I do an internet search for Gamer's Choice Awards and the first thing that pops up is a Youtube video with "CRINGE WARNING" in the thumbnail. Hmmm.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

AxeltheBuizel

@ReaderRagfish you know that pretty much sums up the show. It was so terrible, and I got the vibe that it was thought up by TV executives trying to cash in on people like Ninja.

Vinny

sips

Remember TTYD? Now that was a fine mario RPG title!

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

SheldonRandoms

ogo79 wrote:

@SheldonRandoms
it sure is fun picking on lz in the chat. he really does smell bad.

LZ smells bad for MANY reasons, such as being a QUACK, preferring Eevee's paws over Lucario's paws, and of course those many failed attempts over the years of trying to conquer NintendoLife.

Also so close to FINALLY being able to just go downtime without Grandma issues (even tho issues are now MOAR closer, but beats going downtown just to deal with said issues).

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena btw

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

GyroZeppeli

@AxeltheBuizel They just took awards from TGA and added the dumbest ones. Favorite Retro Game Character? Of course it’s going to be Mario, who else, Bonk from Bonk’s Adventure? that is an actual nominee For anyone that wants to learn more about the terrible attempt CBS made at a game awards show, here is some more info: https://www.cnet.com/news/2018-gamers-choice-awards-how-to-wa...

Edited on by GyroZeppeli

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

AxeltheBuizel

@PolarExperience I literally remember thinking the exact same thing when I saw Bonk. Another weird category was the best battle royale game award. You can tell they were going for the "appease the masses" approach to the "awards".

Tyranexx

Wouldn't know about TTYD, never have played it unfortunately. One day if it's remade or ported, maybe. I'm not too eager to track down the hardware to play it with....Though I'll have to check what model of Wii my parents still have hibernating at their house. IIRC, not all Wiis could handle GCN games.

I've decided that, barring anything I get for Christmas, I won't pick up any more games until about March or so. My backlog is starting to get a little out of hand again. If only I didn't adore RPGs so much....

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ReaderRagfish

@Blitzenexx I used to have that problem, but then I sort of got burned out on RPGs for a while. Now I still enjoy them, but don't play them nearly as much. I think the last one I played was Golden Sun.

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: For a little while now, I've picked up some highly acclaimed RPGs as well as continuations of series that I've started playing. I'm making some headway since most are in the short-medium story range by RPG standards, but some like DQ VIII will definitely be long hauls. I didn't properly get into RPGs until a few years ago (Barring Pokemon) and am playing "catch up". I've at least touched some classics like Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, and Chrono Trigger to name a few.

I had to restrain myself last week from picking up XC1 and Radiant Historia on a whim.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

AlohaPizzaJack

So who else took Smash to work?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ReaderRagfish

@Blitzenexx If you're used to RPGs being 30-40 hours, any of the Dragon Quest games released after 5 will probably be a bit of a wake up call.

Dragon Quest VII in particular is generally accepted to have the longest main story of any RPG, taking at least 100 hours for most to finish, and that's if you ignore side stuff (though the 3DS remake shortens it a bit).

@HobbitGamer I wish, but it's finals week and I should be spending my work hours either working or studying.

AlohaPizzaJack

@NEStalgia @ReaderRagfish I managed to take care of all my Friday and today stuff already. So I’m coasting for 4 hours

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Vinny

How can any console compete with the mighty SouljaGame Console?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ReaderRagfish

All bow before the greatest game system of all time

Untitled

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish That kind of LCD game brings back memories..... Tiger had a pinball one. It was actually awesome...the best of all the LCD games.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic