Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,801 to 24,820 of 96,298

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows Completely agreed with the gluten-free nonsense, and don't even get me started on food being "anything else-free" because it's all a bunch of crap, and it just offers other poisons in place of what it's supposedly free of...

But I was never disputing it in the first place, I just commented on the 1080p vs 4K debacle. Far as there actually is one...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

Oh right, I guess I should give my review of this trip to Disneyland.

It was overall very good. We had time to meet lots of characters, and enter several attractions. Unfortunately it was also a bad day to visit, because they were in the holiday-to-regular transition; the castle was blocked off, which closed the central hub and made navigating the park a bit harder, the Haunted Mansion was closed, and we had no Phantasmic, fireworks NOR parade.

We started the day with Space Mountain, which although it was very fast and fun (I even got a bit lightheaded at some points of it!), it was a lot... Emptier than I expected. Outside of the very start and very end, it was all complete darkness with a starry background. No planets, comets or anything. My brother hugged my arm a little bit too hard.

From there we moved to Finding Nemo, which my baby niece seemed to enjoy. It's a chill and pretty underwater ride, longer than we expected. I had to hunch down to be able to see the action though....

Then It's a Small World, which was still decorated for Christmas. It was amazing to see the Christmas overlay, and my niece was very entertained the whole ride.

From there we went to toon town and entered the Roger Rabbit attraction. My niece got scared by it, but she was fine by the end. Very atmospheric. Also turning the cars was fun to check on my brother and his family in the car behind. After that we got to meet several of the toon town characters: Donald, Goofy, Minnie and Mickey. Got signatures and pics with all of them. That took a long time.

Then we got into my favorite ride, Big Thunder Mountain. Managed to trick my brother and his wife into believing it was a chill ride, by the time he noticed the trains going around it was too late for him to escape. He was swearing on the car behind me. That was fun.

From there we wanted to eat. But my dad got in the line for Pirates of the Caribbean instead. I completely forgot the ride had falls at the start, and the water caught us by surprise. Hah. After that it was pretty relaxing for everyone. My niece seemed to enjoy it.

Then we ate at the Orleans Cafe. The single most expensive food I ate in my life. Had a Monte Cristo. It was excessive, decadent, and really tasty. Brother managed to knock over a glass full of water, which scared everyone inside the restaurant because it was very loud.

From there it was getting late. We got into the train and circled the park to enjoy the last minutes of sunlight. Then we managed to squeeze into the Princesses tour, the jungle cruise (where they somehow let us get into the boat directly from the exit without joining the wait line), Indiana Jones, and several stores in frontier/adventure land.

Indiana Jones was a bit like Space Mountain, it was missing several effects, like the boulder was completely missing... Which triggered a big loud WTF from a girl behind us.

Our last attraction was a tour through the Sleeping Beauty story inside the castle (accessed from the back), which was a great way to finish the off the visit.

We had pizza for dinner, and bought bubble tea in big light up bulb--shaped bottles.

The end.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel I was actually about to ask you, but it sounds like you had a good time, which is nice.
I do miss the Star Wars attractions, though? Or aren't these around anymore in the States?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

I saw the star tours building when we walked over to space mountain, but we didn't get inside. And there was an empty stage themed in star wars fashion with star wars music, but it was very emtpy.

I was under the impression that Space Mountain had been rethemed into a star wars attraction, but maybe that was in a different park.

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Aha, mind you, I've only been to Euro Disney, and there we went to the Star Wars-themed part of the park, were we entered a tour bus-sized flight simulator with a whole bunch of other people. It had a big flat screen in front (edit: more like a vidi-wall, actually, since it spanned the entire front wall), and had C3PO as the flight attendant and voice-over.

It was amazing how the simulator, in combination with the sound effects and imagery, was able to make us completely believe and feel as if we were doing rolls, dips and steep climbs, while we were actually strapped to a seat in a box fixed to the ground, moving on six hydraulic arms...

For me, that was actually the best part of the visit. That and the Michael Jackson space movie, that I saw there once. Oh, and the Western show we visited was also nice, which was a show with "Texan buffet" included (basically just chili con carne and some ribs).

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

Oh that sounds cool. Is that the Star Tours thing?

I do think they're building an entire Star Wars "land" in the California Adventure park (next to Disneyland). Maybe they'll add these there.

We didn't buy tickets for the California park this time around though. It's expensive enough as it is hah.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Yeah, that it is, especially if you're going with and/or paying for family members/kids.
You'd think they have better discounts for that...

We had coupons (earned a bonus from my employer at the time, so we went with a whole group of colleagues and friends), and we stayed the night in Mexican/Western-themed lodgings. You know, these clay and wood type houses. Of course, only on the outside. Inside was completely modern and king size beds. Slept like a rose, and ended up spending another day in the park afterwards.

ThanosReXXX

P.S.

Could indeed be the Star Tours thingy. Not sure, though, since it's been quite a while since I went there.

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Turns out it is indeed Star Tours. Found a video of it. My memory is definitely fading, since the flight attendant/voice-over isn't C3PO, but just some random robot. Also, too bad about the French babble, destroying the immersion...

But regardless, if you watch this video with VR goggles on, you'd still be getting a pretty good impression of the feel of the ride:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@Delibheel "I was under the impression that Space Mountain had been rethemed into a star wars attraction."

That's just depressing. I'm surprised Cinderella's castle isn't Frozen themed now, too....

NEStalgia

Toy_Link

@Delibheel It was rethemed to Star Wars for two years and the only reason it was rethemed back was due to the 40th anniversary of Space Mountain. And SWL is opening in Disneyland.
@ThanosReXXX Don't worry you're not misremembering wrong. C3PO is the pilot of the current version and RX was the pilot of the original.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Eel

I see! I'll try to visit star tours next time... Whenever that happens.

@Mrtoad oh cool, then I won't need to spend on California Adventure next time either... Whenever that happens.

About space mountain, is it usually empty? Didn't it have planets or something going on?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Mrtoad Aha. Well, it was a long time ago that I was there, so that was probably before the switch to C3PO. Could also be that I've seen pictures or footage of it in later years, with C3PO in them, and because it's the same ride, I must have then come to the conclusion that he was the pilot back then as well.

Toy_Link

@Delibheel Did they turn off the disco ball? About the planets, there was the asteroid that was removed in the 2003-2005 refurb, but I don't remember there being planets at Disneyland's version.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Eel

Besides the twisty corridor at the start and the light tunnel at the end, the entire ride was pitch black, with just faint stars surrounding the car.

It was quite claustrophobic.

Bloop.

Vinny

Been reading that one blog called "Supper Mario Broth" and now my eyes have been opened... Mario has an amount of lore that is beyond human comprehension.

Btw, did you know that Peach's model in Mario Party 4 has no teeth at all?

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

Speaking about Finding Nemo...
After several years later, if there will be another sequels again (Finding Nemo 3), Nemo will growing up become adult Male Clownfish.
But you know....
In nature, Clownfish CAN change their gender from Male to Female by certain conditions.
So.... Don't be surprised if Nemo that you know is No longer a Male Clownfish, but will change into a Female Clownfish with her new name..... Naima / Naime ?? 😆

Anti-Matter

GeoChrome

@ReaderRagfihs I don’t know, it’s a good way for Disney to act inclusive. That’s all the rage these days.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Eel

Realistically, in nature Nemo would likely become female in order to keep the family going... Since you know, there aren't any other lady Clownfish in the neighborhood.

Not that I'd expect Disney to follow nature that closely. They'd probably rather introduce a new love interest for either one.

And the whole incest aspect of it would be very icky anyway.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic