Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 96,530

Jaz007

@Kittenkoder The permission slip isn't stupid, the teacher's job isn't to raise the kids and know what okay for them, fact it's impossible for them to know that like you suggest. They don't know each kid personally and what good and bad for them, not all teachers are good ones or would care about the kids like that either. A parent has every right to not let his/her kid watch a movie like Gangs of New York. I know my parents wouldn't let me with that movie, scratch that, I wouldn't watch that movie by my own judgment. There are mature people who just don't believe in some things in entertainment too. And you don't need show to nudity/sex and strong swearing to teach a kid what kind of people the gang members were.

Jaz007

GuSolarFlare

@Jaz007" rel="nofollow">@Jaz007 wrote:

@Kittenkoder The permission slip isn't stupid, the teacher's job isn't to raise the kids and know what okay for them, fact it's impossible for them to know that like you suggest. They don't know each kid personally and what good and bad for them, not all teachers are good ones or would care about the kids like that either. A parent has every right to not let his/her kid watch a movie like Gangs of New York. I know my parents wouldn't let me with that movie, scratch that, I wouldn't watch that movie by my own judgment. There are mature people who just don't believe in some things in entertainment too. And you don't need show to nudity/sex and strong swearing to teach a kid what kind of people the gang members were.

you've gained my complete respect!(no kidding nor sarcasm I'm serious!)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

sugarpixel

@Jaz007: It's a really awesome movie, though! At one point my teacher paused it and told us, and I quote, "This is, not from a historical standpoint, but from a theatrical standpoint, my favorite scene in a movie, ever. Just watch Daniel Day Lewis's performance here". And it was an awesome scene. Had me in tears laughing!
I mean, I'm learning a ton from this movie... I have nothing but praise. It's very well written.

Oh, and here's the scene! (it has a bit of swearing, so no embedding here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrkw1UgX3q0

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Big_Boy_Chubs

hi... who wants to talk?

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

KittenKoder

Jaz007 wrote:

Well, then parents need to actually raise their children correctly now. Until then, teachers are paid to raise them, yes.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

Big_Boy_Chubs wrote:

hi... who wants to talk?

I'm here to talk.

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Jaz007

KittenKoder wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Well, then parents need to actually raise their children correctly now. Until then, teachers are paid to raise them, yes.

What makes the teachers capable? I don't think they are that capable, nothing qualifys them, focusing on making that the parents job would be a better idea too, you also suggested parents shouldn't even be able to raise their children with the no permission slip thing, cause ya know, that would be raising your child, but you think parents shouldn't be able to do that.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

KittenKoder

Jaz007 wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

What makes the teachers capable? I don't think they are that capable, nothing qualifys them, focusing on making that the parents job would be a better idea too, you also suggested parents shouldn't even be able to raise their children with the no permission slip thing, cause ya know, that would be raising your child, but you think parents shouldn't be able to do that.

Most teachers go to school to learn how to deal with kids, most parents know nothing about raising kids, the qualifications are obvious. Breeding them does not make you more capable of raising them. Look at the statistics of children abused by their parents, not to mention most parents are delusional and pass that down to their children while raising them, teachers are not allowed to pass their delusions to children by law. The most qualified person to raise a child is most often the one who chooses to never have children.

Edited on by KittenKoder

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

sugarpixel

I feel as though I've started an argument that is now much bigger than myself... I stand and stare in awe at its awe inspiring force and magnitude...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

KittenKoder

Gioku wrote:

I feel as though I've started an argument that is now much bigger than myself... I stand and stare in awe at its awe inspiring force and magnitude...

Not an argument, a discussion. Arguments online are like .... you know. It's simply a serious discussion. Something new once in a while is good for life.

Electricmastro

Ya know, I don't know why I haven't already wondered this, but what do you people who usually chat with me look like? I know what Sheldon/Anthony looks like.

Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Jaz007

I won't post a picture, but I'm a very white (I don't tan, only burn white to tell how white I am), very orange haired (all of my hair is very orange),5-6ft tall, thin person. I hope this terrible vague description satisfys you.

Jaz007

Auracle

I look like @Ideal_Hero.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Electricmastro

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

WinterWarm

Big_Boy_Chubs wrote:

hi... who wants to talk?

Ain't nobody talkin', just gawkin', shocking by the fact Captain America don't know Stephen Hawkin! ( see: Marvel's The Avengers)

Meh... I'm between devices that know how to do **** right now. Soon as I get a new computer ( hurry up and pay, insurance company), I'll post a picture.

Someone give me that Goomba hat.

@Gioku

You totally did man.

I'm with @KittenKoder. Simply because I have no reason to really give a **** about this.

How old is everybody? I'm pretty sure Anthony Dickens is 89+.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

KittenKoder

WinterWarm wrote:

Big_Boy_Chubs wrote:

hi... who wants to talk?

Ain't nobody talkin', just gawkin', shocking by the fact Captain America don't know Stephen Hawkin! ( see: Marvel's The Avengers)

Meh... I'm between devices that know how to do **** right now. Soon as I get a new computer ( hurry up and pay, insurance company), I'll post a picture.

Someone give me that Goomba hat.

@Gioku

You totally did man.

I'm with @KittenKoder. Simply because I have no reason to really give a **** about this.

How old is everybody? I'm pretty sure Anthony Dickens is 89+.

D'aww, I haz a fan. ^_^

KittenKoder

Alright, this is me. >.> Shush, I thought I'd try a model shoot, okay. We all have stupid dreams.

Untitled

LordJumpMad

Is it Halloween already?
I think I might have found my costume.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic