Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,741 to 24,760 of 96,323

1UP_MARIO

@TheAwesomeBowser buy a iphone 7 and put your case on it. Hope I helped

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

HobbitGamer

@TheAwesomeBowser Write a long essay about how much you dislike NSO, then put it in the case, spray it with flexseal, toss it in the ocean. Someone will read it in a few months.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Octane wrote:

@Anti-Matter A honest question; why restrict yourself to buying a certain number of games per system? I've seen you talk about this before, like it's some kind of quota you need to reach. Why not just buy the games you're interested in, the games you want to play? Why does the number of games matter?

The reasons i limited the quota of games collections are based on :
1. Worthiness. Are the games i want to buy really worthy ? That means, after i bought the games, i have to play it as my responsibility after purchase something, don't neglect it. So, before owning the games, i have to think twice about the games i'm looking for.
2. Favorites. Do i really like to play that game ? I will not buy games that i don't have any interest about or just it has beautiful cover but with crappy gameplay. I have ever experienced owning crappy games, then i sold them as my regret. Also, i will not buy games just because that games are really popular to other peoples but in my heart, i don't like the games at all. Buying games is like finding a True Love.
3. Games Library. Are the games has more diversity / choices ? That means i still can find other interesting games if i don't like with the majority popular games that other peoples like. Especially for Retro games like NES, SNES, GBA, Gamecube, Wii, etc, since the library games Will Not increase after the discontinuation, i can see the WHOLE games library from each machines. Then, i evaluate how many interesting games that i can buy. Next, I will browse the games library with specific filters (like rated Everyone / Everyone 10+ / Teen or CERO A / B or PEGI 3 / 7 / 12 since i Only allow those games with those age rating). After i browse, i will count how many games that i have interest about. If i find a lot of interesting games (Like 3DS & Switch) i will collect them with these number settings : 24 / 36 / 48 / 60. Those numbers are represent how many Maximum games that i can collect based on Worthiness. Usually i use numbers of multiple of 12 (24 / 36) if i think i can get a lot of interesting games from specific machines, but if i don't think i can get a lot of worthy games, i will limit between 6 to 12 games, so i will not spending for more games that i completely have no interest about. The reason i use numbers of multiple of 6 / 12 because it represent the numbers of the Month in 1 year. Also, i bought HORI card case for 3DS / NDS / Switch with multiple of 24 (Also available in multiple of 6 & 12). So that's why i set the numbers like that.

So, in other words, my games quota are based on multiple of 3DS / NDS / Switch HORI card case. It also do the same thing with console games (Wii, Wii U, Gamecube, etc).
Quota numbers are protecting me to not buy games i don't have interest about.

Btw, let me explain how did i evaluate games library from each machines and how did i set the quota numbers.

NES / Famicom / SNES / Super Famicom -> When i see the whole library of those games (judging by the cover and the gameplay inside) I don't think i will have a lot of interest with 8 / 16 bit style anymore like when i was kid, so i set 12 games for total games i can buy from those 4 machines.

GBA -> same like NES, i don't think there will be a lot of interesting games, so i set 12 games as my Maximum.

Gamecube & Wii U -> These are the Most Frustrating Nintendo machines for me. With very few suitable titles for me, i limited the amount for Gamecube USA version until 4 games at the beginning, but i can managed to get until 12 USA Gamecube games. For the Japanese version of Gamecube, i can only found 1 interesting Japanese Gamecube game.

For Wii U, i can only found 6 USA Wii U games at first, but i ended up until 8 USA Wii U games by total after i tried to evaluate again the whole Wii U games library for so many times and still... I can't add another worthy Wii U games anymore. For Japanese Wii U games, same like Gamecube, just only 1 Japanese Wii U game i have interest about.

Wii -> I saw so many interesting titles when i still playing with pirated Wii games. But, after i have played some titles, i found some crappy Wii games. When i start to buy Original Wii games, with my experience from the past, i limited the quota until 20 games at the beginning, but i have managed to add more decent games until 36 USA Wii games. For Japanese Wii games, i have found 6 worthy Japanese Wii games.

NDS, 3DS -> These are Very interesting Nintendo machines. I was easily to get some interesting NDS games, so i set until 40 / 42 NDS games, but i tried to expand until 60 NDS games with mixed regions (Japan, USA & PAL). For 3DS, it was a little bit harder to find more interesting games like NDS, so i limited the quota until 36 at first, but i will try to expand until 36 USA + 6 PAL 3DS games. For Japanese 3DS, I found a lot of interesting titles too, but considering this year will be the Twilight age of 3DS lifespan, i will not getting more Japanese 3DS games in the future, so i limited into 24 games at first, but i will try to expand until 30 Japanese 3DS games.

Switch -> The Best Nintendo machine so far. With so many interesting titles on Switch, from Remastered until Ports, i set the quota until 40 games at first. But on year 2018, i got more games to be added and by the end of year 2018, there were more than 54 Switch games on my shopping list and i predict i can get more than 70 Switch games during this year.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

OMG that carnivore thread is hilarious.
I fear that I was so productive yesterday that I will not accomplish as much today. Does anyone else ever feel like they have a productivity cap? Or am I just lazy? XD

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter gamecube has great games. After your post I digged up my games and all the boxed ones I found, sold so many too but these are all on my Wii u so don’t need these out.
Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO wrote:

@Anti-Matter gamecube has great games. After your post I digged up my games and all the boxed ones I found, sold so many too but these are all on my Wii u so don’t need these out.
Untitled

Okay, let me evaluate your games choices.
(V) = Yes
(X) = No
1. Mario Kart Double Dash = Not interested with just only 4 Cups, No Retro. (X)
2. Super Mario Sunshine = I have consider that game on my shopping list after long deliberation. (V)
3. Paper Mario The Thousand Years Door = Oooh, I really interested with that game. I have consider that game at the first time i add Gamecube games. (V) (V) (V)
4. Mario Power Tennis = Nah.... Not so interesting as Tennis on Bomberman Battles. (X)
5. Super Smash Bros Brawler = Hell No ! (X)(X) (X)
6. Luigi Mansion = It's already on 3DS, so i will consider the 3DS version. (X)
7. Crazy Taxi = I have ever saw the gameplay from Arcade and what the heck...! (X)
8. Zelda Wind Waker = It's also on Wii U in HD remaster, the Link was so cute in Chibi form, but.... I still not fond with the whole concept of Zelda world, so Nope. (X)
9. Wario World = Nah...! Don't like with Wario at all. (X)
10. Metroid Prime = I'm not fan of Action games with intense shooting and creepy enemies, so Definetely No. (X) (X) (X)
11. Mario Golf Toadstool Tour = I'm Terrible at Golf gaming, even on Bomberman Battles PS2 and Mario Golf World Tour 3DS, i still cannot play golf precisely. So, Nope for me rather than frustration after i got the game. (X)

So, from 11 Gamecube games you offered, Only 2 Gamecube games i Approved.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter I feel like you might enjoy Electrobits on Wii. Have you seen that?

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

@JackEatsSparrows
I have watched the videos from Youtube just now and....
What the heck was the Objection in the game ?
Was it like half Pikmin half Ghostbuster (Capture all those Elebits creatures) ?

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Pssst...

objection
/əbˈdʒɛkʃ(ə)n/

• an expression or feeling of disapproval or opposition; a reason for disagreeing.
    "they have raised no objections to the latest plans"
    synonyms: protest, protestation, demur, demurrer, remonstrance, remonstration, exception, complaint, grievance, moan, grumble, grouse, cavil, quibble, expostulation;
  • the action of challenging or disagreeing with something.
    "his view is open to objection"

You meant to say "what is the object of this game?"

Well, the object is to manipulate objects in an area or room, to hunt and find Elebits/Electrobits:

The player manipulates objects in the world in order to hunt for Elebits, using the Wii controller as a "capture gun" similar to the Gravity Gun in Half-Life 2. As the majority of Elebits on a given level are hidden within or underneath objects, players must interact with the environment to reveal these hidden Elebits. Throughout the game, the Wii controller's motion-sensing abilities are gradually introduced. With selected objects, players turn, pull, and wave the Wii Remote to perform a variety of actions including opening a door (twisting the doorknob), pulling out drawers, turning on a faucet, tossing a variety of items, smashing vases against a wall, etc. Moving the Wii Remote without selecting an item rotates the player's camera-view, while the Nunchuk is used to move, crouch, and stretch.

As more Elebits are collected during a given level, the area's energy is gradually restored. This causes dark rooms to become well-lit, and more importantly, allows various electrical appliances to be utilized. Once sufficient power is available, players can activate these appliances, such as computers, microwaves and electric toy-cars, which in return release Power-Elebits. Power-Elebits, when captured, slowly increase the strength of the "capture gun", allowing the player to lift and move heavier objects.

Some levels of the game feature additional conditions for successful completion. These include a limitation on how many breakable objects can be broken (i.e., a limit on property destruction), and/or a limitation on how much noise the player can make when interacting with the environment. Since Elebits themselves can cause objects to move or fall, players must be careful to take this into account when rousing them.

The mood of the Elebits, indicated by graphics above their heads, can affect how many watts the player earned when they are captured. Elebits that are happy or calm provide more watts, Elebits that are angry or scared provide less watts and Elebits that are sad or sick provide a normal number of watts. Special power-up items can assist in taming the mood of the Elebits; one can put nearby Elebits to sleep, while another can help lure Elebits towards it. Other temporary power-ups are also available that can increase the power of the Capture Gun, muffle all sound, or enable auto-lock-on for the Capture Gun, among other effects.

Not all Elebits are captured easily. Some will move quickly or fly around, while others will attempt to attack the player, which damages the Capture Gun. In some cases, an Elebit must be thrown against an object or hit with an object as to stun it. If the Capture Gun takes too much damage, the level ends prematurely in failure.

After completing a level, the player is given a ranking based on the time it took to gain the required number of energy from Elebits, how much extra energy from Elebits they captured, the condition of the Capture Gun, and when part of the level requirements, how many times the player made too much noise, or when objects were broken. Achieving a high rank allows for players to use objects from that level within Edit mode.

The game supports up to four players in a competitive multiplayer mode.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter yeah, that’s pretty much right. Very simple idea and relaxing and colorful

#MudStrongs

MysticGengar

Just got a GBA SP a few days ago, but the battery was dried up. I brought it back the day after, and now I have it repaired. I got Sonic Advance, Mario Golf Advance Tour, and Shrek (GBA video). I currently have Mario advance 4 and Kirby and the Amazing Mirrior on the way.
What are your favorite GBA games? I honestly want to know. (Make sure to @ me)

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

HobbitGamer

@MysticGengar I played the mess out of Advance Wars 1 & 2!

#MudStrongs

Joeynator3000

Delibheel wrote:

Ok. Today is the Disneyland day.

See you all tomorrow.

Bug @Joeynator3000 if anything happens.

......>.>
Why me?! >.<

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

BenGrimm

Minish Cap, both the Metroid games and all the Castlevania games I’d recommend on the GBA.

BenGrimm

MysticGengar

@JackEatsSparrows @BenGrimm @ReaderRagfihs
Thanks for all your responses! Hopefully I can find them for cheap somewhere. Funds are running pretty dry after all this spending.

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

HobbitGamer

@MysticGengar Oh man, I totally forgot about Megaman Battle Network. Those are fun, too. There's a rad Robotech game if you like shmups, too.

#MudStrongs

gcunit

@ReaderRagfihs I'll take you up on the fake spotting please.

@Anti-Matter Ok, next question: why in the hell does V=Yes and X=No?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haruki_NLI

I sacrifice my right hand to a lot of things. Its already irreparably damaged anyway.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic