Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,621 to 24,640 of 96,481

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx I can relate to that. Not being clumsy, but about getting marks and scratches on consoles/handhelds regardless of it. I also still have a GBC, the clear purple one, and the screen got scratched up, even though I always took good care of it and kept it in a pouch. Nowadays, it's in an aluminum DS storage case (had to alter the foam inside a bit for it to fit), and I simply bought a new screen front. They're quite easy to remove and replace, actually.

I checked out the Amazon links of the other screen protectors I posted earlier, and you can definitely also buy either one of those, since looking at the specs, they both have the same sheet hardness that mine has, so there's no difference in quality there. Best case scenario, you go to whatever game shop is nearest to you, and just buy a screen protector there. Just check the package and make sure that it says 9H on the front, which is the hardness value I talked about earlier.

As an alternative, or temporary measure, until you can get your hands on a screen protector, or somewhere or someone to apply it to the Switch, you could also get a dock cover, which is a soft sleeve that slides over the front part of the Switch dock, which is the part that's making the scuff marks.

And in that scenario, between that dock cover for home use, and the Sheika Slate pouch for traveling, you're also... erm... covered, no pun intended.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

I’ve never really had a screen protector that interfered with the touch screen function.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@GyroZeppeli Today's screen protectors are super thin, and like the others have said, they don't interfere with touch screen controls at all. Over the last couple of days, I've tested all touch screen functions both before and after, and the Switch with screen protector applied works exactly the same as before, and it's now also both finger print and scratch free, so there's only benefits to using them. And a pouch isn't meant to protect from scratches, just from falling and dust.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Ryu_Niiyama

@Blitzenexx it’s that black ice that kills us. Trucks salt and salt and it is still slippy land.

Protect your investment, screen protectors are fantastic. I never use touch controls (wait. Sushi Striker so I take that back) but my careless docking causes scratching that gets caught by the protector.

Ok I’m going to the gym to burn off this excitement and anxiety over these concert tickets. See y’all tomorrow.

Edit: @Heavyarms55 None taken. I grew up in the 90s. I get it. It’s just between male pronouns being the default in the English language and a million imaginary pronouns now the new fad...with me actually being female and in my 30s so I say “dude” less I just tend to drop a quick correction and move on.

I didn’t even think anybody would notice but our resident Infinity Gauntlet bearer has got that Time Stone (i wish they were still called gems) turned up. He can see everything. Just don’t let him snap his fingers. Lol.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55: The problem here is that most roads outside of towns, barring well-traveled highways, interstates, etc. aren't usually well-plowed at first unless some kind soul volunteers their time to do it. The resources available also depend on county; the one I live in now is pretty good about clearing off roads, but I grew up in an adjoining one that didn't have a lot of cash, and...well, it was quite obvious when you got to the county border; it would be clear one moment, then patchy ice the next.

Sometimes the school day is just delayed instead if things aren't too bad, but a lot of it also depends on how cold it is, how much drifting there has been, etc.

@GyroZeppeli: Like with my handhelds, I don't plan on letting my Switch leave the house too much, so I think the carrying case I have will be sufficient for now. If I were flying or something, I'd get something a little more robust though. The thing is, I'm not eager to fly with a Switch; disregarding issues such as theft, who knows where some of the stuff in those airport bins has been....

@ThanosReXXX: Thanks for the suggestions! It's definitely a topic I plan to look into more when I'm closer to grabbing one.

Maybe by the time I get one, there will be a redesigned dock that no longer causes the scratching issue? (I know, wishful thinking)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

GeoChrome

@ThanosReXXX I just wasn’t sure if the screen protector impacted the Switch’s touch screen or not, might want to invest in one later. Also, I wasn’t trying to suggest a carrying case would protect against scratches, just meant the case she had would be good for traveling. Sorry if my wording was confusing.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Tyranexx

@Ryu_Niiyama: It's something that I understand if one isn't very familiar with those conditions to begin with. I was more thinking of the issues Atlanta faced a few years ago. I was more pointing out that it's a perspective thing. I'd love to move somewhere without cold weather, but I'm also a freak and like snow as long as it isn't too deep and falls before January 1. After that, Old Man Winter can get out!

...But on the other hand, winter does kill grass and marauding insects....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx You're welcome, my pleasure. Always happy to help out wherever I can.

@GyroZeppeli No need for apologies, man. If anything, it could also be my wrongful interpretation of your words. And if you're fine without using screen protectors, then by all means, but seeing as @Blitzenexx doesn't like scratches at all, I figured I better point the topic out to him her.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ryu_Niiyama

@Blitzenexx If you don’t mind heat (and the absence of greenery) and scorpions then I recommend AZ. You can still drive to snow in Flagstaff.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Haha, well played. But don't worry: you'd be on the good side of that finger snap...

Tyranexx

@Ryu_Niiyama: I've considered moving somewhere towards the Southwest, such as Arizona or New Mexico. I don't mind heat most of the time, and I find the lack of humidity more attractive.

@ThanosReXXX: I'm also a her, my friend. No offense taken. I'm used to people confusing my gender. Some of it is because I have fairly short hair, and part of it is because I've lost some weight over the past year; half of my clothes are still baggy and falling off of me. Plus I won't give up my favorite jacket just yet.

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Oh, dear. I stepped into that one, didn't I? Come to think of it, I remember you mentioning it to me once before, quite a while ago. Must also be your recent name change that confused me a bit.
That, and old age...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Heavyarms55

@GyroZeppeli It's not something Texas has had to deal with traditionally. And no offense to Texans, but the state isn't known for being open to new ideas... (not that my home state is any better, we poisoned an entire city with lead tainted water and blamed the victims)

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: I'd love to change it back at this point, but the site is making me wait roughly two more months.

But again, no offense taken lol.

@Heavyarms55: I guarantee your home state is at least somewhat better than mine.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been to Michigan. :thinking_face:

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Wait, what? Poisoned?

GeoChrome

@Heavyarms55 I take no offense in that, but to be fair, Texas isn’t known for really anything but stereotypes. I’ve only met a few people with a typical Southern accent, saying things like “sun-dee” instead of Sunday.
There was quite a big flood in my part of Houston just a few years before Harvey. Since then, no significant changes have really been made to mitigate any kind of flooding, making hundreds of homes still very vulnerable.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Heavyarms55

@GyroZeppeli Wasn't there some pretty nasty flooding on the east side of Texas just last year? Or was that Harvey? I can't remember exactly but I remember people talking about it.

To be fair, a lot of people dismiss flooding as an issue. Countless people build homes along the Mississippi river only to be washed away in floods and have different people, or even the same people move right in and rebuild in the same spot.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

Some people build in dangerous places for the possible benefits of having your house destroyed by mother nature...

Not saying all do, but it happens a lot here.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BenGrimm

I’d hate to live anywhere hot, give me winter and cold any day.

BenGrimm

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Well, all I can say to that is that I sure am glad that I wasn't living in California anymore when the fires happened. Although, come to think of it, I'm now living roughly 5 to 7 feet under water level, thanks to the Dutch people's amazing water defense building skills, so if that ever fails, I don't know which of the two habitats is actually worse...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic