Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 96,243

Electricmastro

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

34 minutes left. everyone go donate to Mighty No 9 now!! Also, go to the poll for Call's design and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE vote A!! Vote for Call A!

Whoa,
67,226 Backers,
$3,845,170 pledged of $900,000 goal.

Also, this is my favorite moment from the newest Kirby trailer:

Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

KingDunsparce

I've watched the 3D World trailer so many times! I haven't been this hyped since the first Pikmin 3 trailer, but I'm even more hyped for this! :0
@Gioku Is that one new? I haven't checked YouTube in a while.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

CrimsonFire

I am more interested in SM3DW now with the new trailer,it looks really fantastic.Much better looking game than how i imagined it with the 1st trailer.

WinterWarm

Agreed. Looks awesome.

I was glad The Blue Blur made a comeback! Now for Lucina!

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

KittenKoder

WinterWarm wrote:

@KittenKoder

You didn't like The Conjuring?!

I should clarify, the only horror movie that actually fit the genre of horror and fear. The fact that the demon could not be stopped once it chose it prey, no matter what, it was indestructible, and there were no obvious reasons why it chose the prey it did. Not to mention it was not tied to any one specific mythos. Meaning, you didn't know if it was after you until it was too late.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

OptometristLime

KittenKoder wrote:

WinterWarm wrote:

@KittenKoder

I should clarify, the only horror movie that actually fit the genre of horror and fear. The fact that the demon could not be stopped once it chose it prey, no matter what, it was indestructible, and there were no obvious reasons why it chose the prey it did. Not to mention it was not tied to any one specific mythos. Meaning, you didn't know if it was after you until it was too late.

I haven't seen this one, nor am I particularly fond of the horror genre.

But your logic is undeniable - at least it falls along the same lines as my own criteria.
Conversely, I like to unravel a horror story if it keeps me from getting scared.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

KittenKoder

OptometristLime wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

WinterWarm wrote:

@KittenKoder

I haven't seen this one, nor am I particularly fond of the horror genre.

But your logic is undeniable - at least it falls along the same lines as my own criteria.
Conversely, I like to unravel a horror story if it keeps me from getting scared.

I am a huge fan of horror, constantly looking for something that scares me. But the moment I see a way "out" of the danger it loses all sense of fear. Especially when it's something stupid and simple like locking a door or if the threat is mortal and you just have to know how to fight to get out. I like gore too, but to get the label of horror a movie should be scary.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

Ketchupcat

I've only ever seen one horror movie. It's a Spanish movie called The Orphanage, we watched it in Spanish class last year. It was actually really good, it used more of a scary atmosphere than cheap jump-scare type things. And the ending makes you really think about it.
Also, apparently it's illegal to show rated R movies to minors without their parents' permission...

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

sugarpixel

I've recently taken a liking to horror games... they don't scare me at all, though. They're just fun.
Whenever I play any video game, I take on a light-hearted mindset; horror games included. It's way more fun that way!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

WinterWarm

@KittenKoder

Oh, I see what you mean!

@Gioku

Yeah! I was gonna DL Resident Evil Revelations but I ended up buying DLC.

sugarpixel

@Captain_Bagel: Really? We're watching Gangs of New York in US History, and we didn't get permission slips or anything... lol. The teacher just said "All of your parents let you watch R rated movies, right?" and everyone agreed!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

KittenKoder

The permission slip thing is stupid, it's for educational purposes, and we need to educate kids more, not less. Most teachers are smart enough to know what's relevant to the subject matter and maturity of the students, that's what we pay them to do. The most important lessons any child can get are what to expect in the real world, and how to make logical and intelligent decisions regardless of that. The second most important lesson any child can get is how to tell what's real, and what's not. That latter is what too many parents are afraid of, because they know their own superstitions are not real but want their kids to believe them as a means of reinforcing the parents' delusion itself.

SheldonRandoms

Watching r-rated movies in school is awesome (except if they make you write down notes or something like that)

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

GuSolarFlare

Gioku wrote:

Just noticed this:
Untitled
At the time of this post, the General Discussion Forum has 6666 threads... 0_o

it's true!! but what makes it more weird is that in the Forums page it says there are 6,699 topics in General Discussion but when you click it the number changes to 6,666....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

GuSolarFlare

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Also, this is my favorite moment from the newest Kirby trailer:

Untitled

Hah. Mine too! It reminds me of Paper Mario Sticker Star when Mario hitts enemies with a slap hammer!

yeah that hammer was my favorite sticker! and the trailer reminds me more of Kirby 64 than Return to Dreamland, the levels focus much more on the 3D just like Kirby 64....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

WinterWarm

@KittenKoder

Das deep.

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame: Yeah, even with the 2DS comin' around, Kirby's showing off what 3D can really do!
Kirby's always been very experimental, and has often shown off what a system is capable of; this Kirby installment seems to be showing off what 3D can do!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic