Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,961 to 23,980 of 96,305

GeoChrome

Reminds me of the Leapster I had. Pretty sure one of the games was Galaga, except it was math involved, but I can’t seem to find it now.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

I had a baseball Tiger Electronics. That thing was so fun. Now that I think about it, I believe that’s the only baseball video game I’ve played.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

I still confused 🤔 to decide between PS3 or Xbox 360 for my next purchase on next year if i have a chance to buy them.
My thought was based on the benefit from the machine i choose.
Here are my games lists :

PS3
1. The Sims 3 Pets
2. Final Fantasy XIII
3. F-1 Race Stars
4. London 2012
5. Little League World Series Baseball 2010
6. ??? (Insert any appropriate games for kids)

PS3 Pros & Cons
(+) Can play PS1 games physically but the region of the games must be same with the machine. For PS1 games, i have at least 12 USA PS1 games (On my list, still haven't owned the games yet) to be played, including 2 Dance Dance Revolution games from PS1 USA. And more USA PS1 games can be added in the future if i found another interesting titles.
(+) PS3 has Clear box case with same size as PS4 games, looked better than Xbox 360 green game box case.
(+) FF XIII is just only ONE Disc, Not separated into 3 Discs on Xbox 360 version.

( - ) NO Decent Dance Dance Revolution games on PS3 (DDR on PS3 just only one title and the WORST ever), not interested at all with Moves games since the idea of Moves was Copycat of Wiimote and i didn't find any Decent Moves games.

Xbox 360
(Also on PS3)
1. The Sims 3 Pets
2. Final Fantasy XIII
3. F-1 Race Stars
4. London 2012
5. Little League World Series Baseball 2010

(Xbox 360 Exclusives)
6. Dance Dance Revolution Universe
7. Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2
8. Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3
9. Dance Master (Dance Evolution) (Kinect)
10. Kinect Adventures (Kinect)
11 & 12 = ??? (Insert any appropriate Xbox 360 Exclusive games for kids)

Xbox 360 Pros & Cons
(+) Has at least 3 Decent Dance Dance Revolution games on Xbox 360.
(+) Some Kinect games were looked more interesting than Moves games on PS3.

( - ) Xbox 360 has Very Infamous issue (RROD / Red Rings of Dead) on Older models, but the Slim Arcade models, it just only given by 4 GB memory sticks with NO internal HDD.
( - ) Since Xbox 360 Cannot play Older Xbox games, Xbox 360 will looked more useless than PS3 in term of Backward Compatibility. And for Older Xbox, i just only have 4 Xbox games on my list (Again, Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 1 - 4).
( - ) FF XIII Xbox 360 version has 3 Discs.
( - ) As a Physical games collector, Xbox 360 games has Ugly game box color (Lime green & Purple)
( - ) Xbox 360 Slim machine design was Not as good as PS3 Slim / Super Slim.
( - ) I live in Indonesia, so i still worried about Xbox 360 will so complicated as Xbox One in term of Online Connection.

From my deliberation between PS3 & Xbox 360 above, which should i choose ? 🤔

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Given that stuff, I'd lean towards 360 Slim. You can always slap a larger HDD on it, too.
Also, the Kinect dance games are great. I freakin' loved Dance Central.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
Just now, i found a rumour about PS5 will have Backward Compatibility.
Still not sure if PS5 can read ALL PS1 until PS4 disks regardless of their region. 🤔

So, if i decide to buy Xbox 360 on year 2019, i might miss the chance to put ALL my Sony games from PS1 until PS4 on PS5 IF the rumour was true.

But if the rumour about Xbox Scarlett was True (Can read ALL any xbox games from Old Xbox until Xbox One), it might be very pleasure to hear, but my games library on Xbox machine by collectively was really POOR (Still less than 30 titles combined)
compared with All my PS1, PS2, PS3 & PS4 games combined (Already more than 60 titles combined). 🤔

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Blitzenexx Wait, don't tell me you're another one who changed your name. I can't keep up with all you people! Who started this trend! I want names!

@Anti-Matter I'd ignore any backward compatibility rumors regarding Sony. We've been down that road before. PS3, at launch was backward compatible with PS2 and PS1. Then they removed the Emotion Engine chip in later builds and left only PS1 emulation (sort of.) I suspect they will have full PS4 compatibility on PS5 only because MS is doing it, but PS1 and 2? Maybe but there's no real reason to believe they'd go through that effort either. PS3 full BC still remains kind of sketchy given the Cell chip.

MS OTOH has built their brand around backward compatibility starting part way through the X1 generation. We know they will have compatibility with all the currently supported BC games....but....even those are not the full XB/X360 catalog for now (many of the games you list aren't supported.) For now MS is predictable with their BC efforts. Sony is a wild card in that department with a pretty shoddy track record.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Delibheel I dropped my Switch onto a wood floor and only the joycon latch chipped slightly so it doesn't firmly lock in place but still kind of latches..... Nintendo stuff is thankfully durable!

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

If the Switch doesn't eat up all my gaming time in a couple of years, I don't mind jumping on the Sony wagon as well....or Xbox if they have more exclusives that I like. I was driven off from X1 early, though MS's damage control has helped on that front.

@Delibheel: I've had similar dreams. Forget monsters; dropping expensive technology is more terrifying for me, particularly with Nintendo platforms.

@NEStalgia: Blame the mods. I changed in an attempt to feel more festive. It's kind of worked. XD If it makes you feel any better, the change is temporary.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

It was funny because at first it was just the stylus that fell off, then as I inspected it, the entire side fell off, then the entire front plate suddenly broke in half, and the top screen slid off (in this dream I guess the screens were separate).

It also was not my actual 2DS, because mine is transparent blue, and in this dream it was opaque blue. Maybe my brain combined it with the Zelda 2DS I keep in its box.

Also I may have started the name changing wave. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Blitzenexx The nice thing about XBox at that point is with the backward compatibility I can finally have the past 15+ years of my library (mostly) all on one box (except for Nintendo/Sony exclusives.) And they handle digital best of the 3. I kind of laughed at the poor thing for years, and then it quietly got awesome. Though if I weren't using it as a "digital only" box, I might find it more interchangeable with PS4. If going physical they're a lot more similar to each other. Consoles are like Pokemon. Gotta' catch 'em all. For me Switch and X1 share a lovely Christmasy (Red & Green!) duo of primary, while PS4 has become an "exclusives box"......but....even as an exclusives box it still has 30 games or so excluding the PSVR games. And I may be stocking up on some more older games (FF coming to Switch & X1 really reduced my exclusives list on PS4 though.....)

Drops: It's not just about the hardware....I mean there's always duct tape. It's all about the Splatoon saves.............hundreds of hours lost. You can always sell a kidney to get a new Switch, but nothing can ever get back your super sea snails......

Name changes: You all are going to drive me insane, I keep thinking there's all these new people and it takes hours or days to figure out it's the same people I was talking to before. I kind of like the festive names and avatars thing, actually, but there really needs to be a legend for looking up who people actually are. I blame Ant.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Delibheel "Also I may have started the name changing wave"
How thoughtful of you. I should extend an invitation. It would be lovely to have you for dinner.

#MeatAndGreet

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Oh! Are we having dinner at the Ultra Luxe??

#MudStrongs

Vinny

I had nuggets at burger king this week. Better than McNuggets? Yeah, I'd say so.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

SheldonRandoms

Had two dreams last night or in the morning since woke up from one and then went back to sleep and had the other one rev up. First one I was practicing my kicks in the kitchen, and then my sister walked in and I kicked her. It was her fault for just walking into the kitchen when I was practicing my kicks, however, she pulled out a machete and started yelling some random gibberish, so I took off her other arm and whacked her head off. She stood without a head for a moment, but then out grew Woody Woodpecker's head, and then the kitchen caught on fire and then I woke up.

The following dream I had was Dragon Ball related. One day, Tien just got sick of Chiaotzu's face, so he wanted to grow an army of miniature Tiens to replace Chiaotzu. Shortly afterwards, Tien and a bunch of other characters were just planting seeds all around the Kame House, because Tien somehow convinced them to do it, even if they died many sagas ago. And then the seeds revved up nothing but miniature Tiens everywhere, and my vision was just filled up with miniature Tiens, and then I woke up.

That needs to become canon now!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Eel

The Disneyland trip plan is basically now formal. The family is organizing and saving the money to visit early January.

Now I'm going through the "but what if someone talks to me in English" tourist fear stage.

We have a baby girl in the family now, my brother and his wife will definitely want to get meet and greet pics for her. That involves meeting the characters that actually speak.

And they'll want to interact 😱

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Freelance

I haven't had a single TMNT dream for a while now, not even cameos. All I get now are boring dreams about myself. They left me....

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

HobbitGamer

@Delibheel But, can’t you speak English?? Considering you type it so well.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic