Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,841 to 23,860 of 96,323

ThanosReXXX

Fired up the ol' Wii U...
And we're live. Enjoy, people, enjoy...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ogo79

@ThanosReXXX
ah, the reason i dont have that is because its disc only for ps3. i hate physical games. only physical games i have are ones that cant be downloaded in systems.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

SheldonRandoms wrote:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED MR. KRABS!
Untitled

This is pure gold.

No chat shenanigans here for me, but I think I'll watch on the big screen as well. My TV needs a workout.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

@SheldonRandoms
it sure is fun picking on lz in the chat. he really does smell bad.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 Hate them? Really? Why? Not enough storage space?
I don't do hate concerning games, but I prefer physical, due to ownership, longevity and assurance.
Assurance in the sense that no @sswipe will be able to discontinue support for that server that the game is located on/downloaded from in, like, 5 to 10 years down the line.

My games are MINE and I'll play them whenever I want to play them, whether that's now, or in 2041, and there isn't a single cloud-based service that can give me that guarantee, let alone any developer or console manufacturer...

Some games on the Xbox 360 have already disappeared from the online marketplace, so personally, I'm very glad I've still got all the discs...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

Well that’s weird. Sorry, Geoff. I’m going to get Katamari.
Tell me if Samus drops in, somebody. I’ll check back when I get to town

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ogo79

@ThanosReXXX
but once you download them they stay on that system forever. if yer playing online with others and servers go down than you cant play games with others. in that case, im solo playing only anyways so that part doesnt effect me.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 The thing that people don't seem to realize, is that these digital copies are FAR easier to disable, so even if you would technically still be able to play their single player campaigns, all the developer and/or Microsoft has to do, is send a patch/update to transform your precious digital game into a bunch of utterly useless, hard drive space hogging one's and zero's.

With a physical copy, you can go offline, and simply erase the updated version of the game, and install it all over again, and stay offline to be able to continue to play it. And there's so many more advantages to having ownership of the actual discs.

Whoops, Reggie coming up on stage now...

the_shpydar

@ogo79
Nice Splatterhouse print! It makes the shorts tight.
I too need to get the 360-gen game, but since my 360 hasn't been plugged in to my TV since i bought the Switch (not enough HDMI TV-ports!), my Xbox/360 purchasing has died.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

HobbitGamer

I liked the 360 remake, it was good fun!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Joeynator3000

...Yeah there's no Nintendo announcement happening, bleh.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tyranexx

So far nothing that I'm too interested in, but they still have time to pull out a surprise or two. I know Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 was a pleasant surprise for some.

I might offline soon and read any further news in the morning. I have a killer headache ATM and need to catch up on some sleep anyway.

For those heading to a midnight launch and/or picking up Smash Ultimate tomorrow, have fun! 😁

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Feel better! I’m headed to grab Smash in less than 40 minutes!! Woohoo!

#MudStrongs

Joeynator3000

....Eh, some character I don't know or care about.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

HobbitGamer

This line is 3 stores deep. So happy to see so many Smashers

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic