Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,781 to 23,800 of 96,503

HobbitGamer

...psst....hey ya'll....guess what today is?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@AxeltheBuizel Well, I'm going to a midnight release. But it's the last day without Smash! Aka the last day without full hapiness haha

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

AxeltheBuizel

@HobbitGamer Oh, cool! I'm already stocked up on controllers just for Smash, in case any impromptu multiplayer session pop up this holiday season.

AxeltheBuizel

ThanosReXXX

Just out of curiosity: did anyone else experience any problems with the site and/or pages loading yesterday or last night? I had quite a bit of trouble with it yesterday, around midnight 2.40am local time (CET), but only on my PC. I checked to see if things worked as they should on my smart phone, and they did, but what I got on my PC, looked like this:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Right now, things are back to normal, but still weird, especially if you don't see any mention of it anywhere, @antdickens...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

antdickens

@ThanosReXXX I don't have any reports of issues around that time, so could have been isolated to you / your ISP or even region. When assets don't load like that it could be your local data centre as we use a global CDN. Thanks though, let me know if you spot it again.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

@antdickens Will do. In all the years being on this site, I have seldomly experienced anything like this, especially if it wasn't officially mentioned, such as during site maintenance.

One question left, though: how come it did work as it should on my phone, then? When at home, I only use wi-fi to access the internet on my smart phone, so that should be through the same ISP, right?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

antdickens

@ThanosReXXX complex question. In theory, if your phone is connected via WiFi then its using the same ISP as your desktop computer etc. However, phones are very smart and often fallback to 3G/4G if the Wifi is failing... so in theory it could have been issues. Also, difference devices will have different assets cached...

Anyway, if it's a one off then there is nothing to worry about - just let me know if it occurs again! Thanks

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

AxeltheBuizel

I just learned there's a festival for Sandshrew in Japan. I know this has been said many times before, but why does Japan get the good stuff?

AxeltheBuizel

ThanosReXXX

@antdickens Aha... interesting. Thought it was just wi-fi, because I always switch off mobile data when at home. Good to know. And thanks for the lightning fast response on both posts, by the way.

HobbitGamer

@AxeltheBuizel Everytime I see the word Sandshrew, I think of the episode with the trainer that sports a drawl.
Sayndshru, show ‘em how it’s done ‘round these here parts.

#MudStrongs

SheldonRandoms

Had a dream last night where I threw my phone on the road to see if it would go underneath a car without getting run over, however a truck revved up and ran it over. My phone was crushed to pieces, and I was questioning why my phone broke to begin with.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

GeoChrome

@ThanosReXXX I think I had the opposite problem. NL would keep crashing and I would have to change the Wi-Fi on my phone for it to work, but I think it would have worked on a PC. Maybe Safari is just awful.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

Going to the administration building to drop off a report to accounting, then a conference call at 2. I’m getting sleepy! 😴
I think I may need a nap before launch tonight

#MudStrongs

Vinny

The Pacific (2010) was one of the best series I've watched this year.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Joeynator3000

insert the cat equivalent of "Ho Ho Ho!" here

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

....It's December, we gotta be all Christmasy and stuff you know. -w-

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Vinny

Just found out there's a city in Ukraine called Vinnytsia.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic