Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,761 to 23,780 of 25,090

Octane

@subpopz Nah, those systems favour ''hive-mind thinking''; agree with the consensus or you'll get downvoted and nobody will see your comment. I'm not a fan of that. This is the internet, you can't expect everyone to think rationally about things they may not agree with

If someone doesn't like something or doesn't agree with something, they should be able to voice that. So I rather live with the one or two trolls that feel the need to be negative 24/7.

Octane

subpopz

Well, true. The option to sort them that way yourself would be nice though. I'm thinking more for seeing any funny ones all together. There's been some gems.

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

ReaderRagfish

HobbitGamer wrote:

Weeee! There’s a thumbs down button for article comments!

I'm actually not a fan of being able to downvote stuff. It often just sort of turns everything into a hivemind where anything that goes against the popular opinion gets downvoted into oblivion. Makes us less inclined to share some of our less popular opinions.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

JackEatsSparrows

I dunno, I've seen plenty less popular opinions shared on here. Besides, something with lots of downvotes typically means I'm going to read it

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

I felt really depressed today.
I lost my appetite to draw my project for my principal & for mine.
I still have a lot of haunting feeling about the pressure i have to overcome from Library Administration yet at the same time i have to think my schedule as substitute teacher.

At this rate, i felt i want to quit from my job as school librarian , but i cannot due to my responsibility as Drawing teacher & Math extra curricular teacher. I love my position as Drawing & Math teacher but it just only my side job, the main job as School librarian is slowly made me frustrated.
Right now, i felt depressed, upset, gloom, blank, to think what was happened at my school this morning.
I didn't tell my problems in my mind when my Mom saw me i was gloomy during dinner time at home.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

subpopz

Would a little number really keep someone from posting? I mean, if I post something unpopular, I'm going to hear about it in replies and other comments regardless. As it is, I don't even notice the likes most of the time.

3DS -

Blitzenexx

It seems as though the downvotes stop counting after 5, so "5+". It also seems that you can't see downvotes on your own posts (which is wise), though I'm sure logging out fixes that. I haven't yet tried it though.

I don't mind having it for those who respectfully disagree, but I agree that the hiveminders and the trolls will have a field day with this feature.

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Wii U VC), Majora's Mask 3D

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Octane

Tyranexx wrote:

It also seems that you can't see downvotes on your own posts.

And I just thought everyone liked my comments

Octane

subpopz

If you can't see them on your own, then it doesn't really matter for 'hivemind' mentality or anything else, because you have no idea how people have 'voted' on your post.
Unless you log out to check on your own posts, I suppose....I don't know about anyone else, but I don't care near enough to be doing that

3DS -

Nemodius

@Yosheel 3
LOL, GEEZE, that first cat looks like a starved, hairless possum and the other one looks like it about to bite someone's head off

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Delibheel

Mine is the second one.

(The first one is a cartoon character, ice cream kitty)

Edited on by Delibheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JackEatsSparrows

I think you have them backwards.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Delibheel

That kinda looks like you’re saying my cat looks like a starved hairless possum.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JackEatsSparrows

Naaaah, the cartoon cat is just ultra realistic

How did you do it, (img) with a twitter link?

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Sanya_Claus

...Well that Vegas Movie Studio 15 thing went on sale again on Steam for $30...guess this time I'll go for it before it ends in a few days.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

Blitzenexx

Yosheel wrote:

Joey is not the only one with cute cat pics

"Feed me human! I command you!"

...I figured you were talking about the second cat anyway. The first did indeed look like an ultra-realistic ice cream kitty. Kind of reminds me of a scene from the Spongebob Squarepants Movie....

Welp, my lawn is finally mowed. It may be the last time this season unless we get a last gasp of summer. Now I'm off to prepare for a phone screen for a potential job tomorrow, then I'll hopefully/finally finish Color Splash.

...I wish that phones didn't exist sometimes. I REALLY don't like talking on them.

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Wii U VC), Majora's Mask 3D

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ReaderRagfish

@ogo79 Can I have a blue one instead?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Nemodius

@ogo79

You won't need the Master Sword, shove that down Ganon's throat and he'll go into diabetic shock and choke to death on his own vomit !!!
LOL

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic