Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,661 to 23,680 of 96,481

HobbitGamer

@ogo79 Oh... so that’s what Buzz meant by “To infinity, and beyond”

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

ogo79 wrote:

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

Eyes burn out of skull

Well, there's one piece of my childhood ruined....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx It could always be worse. Like Slinky. Or the candlebra from beauty and the beast. Or Ursula.

Night y’all. Gonna knock one of these bedtimes out.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Fooligan

Found out my tv is one of those that turns on when I put the Switch in the dock. I'll probably keep that on for now just for the heck of it, but I'll eventually turn it off because I know there is going to be that one night where I just want to charge the Switch and turn on the whole tv.

Woo! Smash! I have it pre-ordered and getting delivered to my house. So when I get it depends on Fed ex. Crossing my fingers I get it a day early but when I want something a day early is when I don't get it until Monday so Yeah... we'll see.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Haruki_NLI

The worst thing is Buzz looks bored.

You know you're bad at putting out when the damn silicone is yawning.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

roy130390

I just finished Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and unlocked "Richiter" mode, which lets you play as Richter Belmont (SOTN prologue version). Having a Belmont that is able to run, slide, do his uppercut and double jump with a front flip feels amazing! I really appreciate the older Catlevania games with limited movement because the game was built around that, but I would definitely love to see this kind of gameplay in a new Castlevania game since the beginning, even if it's linear and not Metroivania style. It's a shame that there's almost no possibility of that happening because of Konami...

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

HobbitGamer

Is it Thursday yet? Checking for a friend...

#MudStrongs

gcunit

Just tried a couple of Switch demos.

Instant Tennis. Racist Tennis more like. Demo only lets you choose brown skinned avatars. Plus, it's crap. Deleted.

Fitness Boxing. Demo too restrictive, even putting it on Free Training it still treats you like a noob and so you can't just d/l it and put it through its paces. Deleted.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Oh, wait. Have you tried Fitness Boxing Demo?
Was it even worse than Gold's Gym Cardio Workout Wii ?
How was the song quality in All Instrumental?

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter I've not tried Gold's Gym Cardio Workout Wii (called My Fitness Coach - Cardio in UK) yet (but it's on my 'To Get' list ).

I didn't have any problem with the motion controls and the syncing with the target boxes - that seemed to work fine. I was just frustrated by the demo because I wanted to be able to go straight into a full routine to get a feel for it in normal play, but the demo forces you into a tedious tutorial (fair enough, I guess, and it's only a few minutes) but even once you've completed the tutorial, when you then go into 'Free Training' it still feels like a tutorial and I couldn't let rip on a fast routine like I wanted to.

The music? Depends on your taste I guess. The first instrumental is 'Shut Up and Dance' by Walk the Moon. I didn't give it much attention but I recognised the tune. After finishing the tutorial 'Bad Romance' by Lady Gaga was unlocked. This definitely wasn't the Lady Gaga version with the lyrics stripped out, it was a cover version that sounded a bit different.

Clearly I've not tried enough of it to give a definitive review of the game, but the demo frustrated me and I feel with a high degree of certainty that it's not worth a quarter of the asking price to me.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

NEStalgia wrote:

Awww that's...wait...what? It's Buzz.....but where's Woody?

This deserves a whole battalion of facepalms.

This whole topic is reminding me of one of those top ten list things on YT that I found at one point. Something about poorly thought out kids toys that breach this subject.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Banjo-

It might teach children that love is free though.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx Some things make the lame obvious joke much too obvious to ignore. And there are just so many lame obvious jokes go go with that set of toys.

@BlueOcean I laughed more than I should have at that

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Buzz probably found out that the propulsion set on his wings simply wasn't up to the task of taking him to infinity and beyond in the real world, so he was simply looking for a bigger rocket...

We could also nickname that version Buzz Tightspear...

And the one with the straw in it could be sold with the slogan "makes my soda pop"....

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

I dunno, looks like that one wing...took a beating.

My new chair came in today! It's so comfortable that I don't want to leave work...

#MudStrongs

ogo79

@ReaderRagfish @HobbitGamer @Tyranexx

Link-Hero wrote:

That Buzz is not as bad as this one. You could say that he's very happy to see you.

Untitled

Yes, they once sold this in retail awhile ago.

i wonder what beverage is inside

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

Probably Jell-O

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic