Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,381 to 23,400 of 96,481

SheldonRandoms

Tyranexx wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

Had to take the snow and push it somewhere else last night, so was dressed up for dat, so she handed me a game case with no game cart inside just to say "This was you last night".

I noticed those during my Walmart run the other night. I admittedly haven't given more than a couple of glances at Fortnite, but what was the point of printing a case without a game cart? Posterity? Last I checked, this was a free download.

I'm hoping to go see Crimes of Grindelwald tomorrow morning. The theater tickets are cheaper then. XD

It contains enough in-game items to warrant a physical release would be my guess. This same bundle is also available in the store within the game itself, so if anybody really wanted it without going to a store, they could just download it instead. Or they know people will be looking for games to buy as gifts, and if they know someone who's into Fortnite, they'll probably gift them that.

Wish it did contain a game card just to save space on my switch, but all and all, it's not a bad price considering. As a bonus it actually comes with a download code for the battle pass which the bundle didn't advertise, so dat was swell.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Banjo-

@Tyranexx Absolutely not nice paying above the regular price, even if you had the money. I keep my New Nintendo 3DS at home and I try to be very careful when I go out with it, inside the case and all that. It looks like the kind of console that will last a very long time if you take care of it, no overheat issues (like the warped Switch consoles) and fixed design compared to older models (my original 3DS had vertical scratches on the screen).

@ReaderRagfish I understand what you mean, I had the Nintendo 3DS XL, it was a big too big. Actually the New Nintendo 3DS has bigger screens than the original 3DS which is nice but much smaller than the XL models. Do you have the New XL?

@SheldonRandoms Thank you for posting that. When that Fortnite bundle was announced I said on the comment section that it wouldn't include a cartridge and that it was not overpriced anyway because the only thing that costs money in this game is the DLC, it was just a DLC bundle with a collector's box. When the game is updated, the whole island and the whole game data is replaced so a cartridge doesn't make sense. There were people that almost call me crazy.

Banjo-

HobbitGamer

As some of you know, I took yesterday off. I played Pokémon till 130 in the morning. I’ve not done that in a long time. When I woke up a bit ago, my first thought was “ugh, it’s sunday and I can’t do that again”.
I’m 33 and as soon as my sleepy eyes noticed it was on Saturday, I shouted and sat right up. So excited to play more Pokémon, haha. 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Just watched Crimes of Grindelwald earlier. I quite enjoyed it but thought that the first film was better. This one seems to be one of those "Hey, we're getting to the good part in the next release or two" types of films. It's definitely one that was more for the fans and would confuse someone like my mother. She's interested in the franchise but has only seen a couple of the movies and has read the first couple of chapters out of the first book.

That's not to say that there weren't some cool scenes, and I still think that casting Depp as Grindelwald was a smart move.

@SheldonRandoms: I see. I suppose it would work for gift-giving purposes, but it's a slightly strange concept to my "Hey, shouldn't there be a cartridge with this?" physical-loving media frame of mind. XD I suppose someone buying a used cart without a case could use it for storage if they really needed to.

@BlueOcean: My systems don't get out nearly as much as they used to. I drive to work as I live in a predominantly rural area with a short commute, and I tend to take older, more disposable systems when I do travel long-distance (Which unfortunately doesn't happen often). I have brought systems into work for playing during my lunch period a time or two, but I typically read when I take a longer lunch.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Ok I saw the crimes of Grindelwalt.

It overall felt a little unfocused, alternating between moments of slow nothing and quick paced everything, and trying to tell like five stories at once.

I did like it, but it could have been a bit more casual viewer-friendly.

I did like the implication that Dumbledore has a boyfriend, too bad he's kinda crazy.

Also, is this just me or does this movie suggest Dumbledore and Voldemort are brothers?

Unless that one character is not really who I think he is....

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Deku-Scrub

Ocarina of Time is just a rip-off of Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

Ok I saw the crimes of Grindelwalt.

It overall felt a little unfocused, alternating between moments of slow nothing and quick paced everything, and trying to tell like five stories at once.

I did like it, but it could have been a bit more casual viewer-friendly.

Those were more or less my impressions as well; it was a little too unfocused at times and was trying to set too much up at once IMO. I do think some critics were a little too harsh on it though.

Yosheel wrote:

Also, is this just me or does this movie suggest Dumbledore and Voldemort are brothers?

Unless that one character is not really who I think he is....

...Wait...Where did you get that idea? O.o

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Eel

At the end, at least the LA Spanish dub, Grindelwalt literally says to Credence: "And now your brother is trying to kill you", before telling him his real name.

Credence being in love with Nagini makes me assume he's gonna be
Voldemort.

Of course I could be completely wrong.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Haruki_NLI

No time off now until Friday, so I can't stream

Of course this is just because the egotistical, conceited moron of a company head is coming for a visit on Wednesday.

This is the man who on opening day asked me, randomly, who the boss was. I told him my manager, because...well he is. He replied, no, I am.

Sorry but, who the hell are you? I've never seen you before. I've never been introduced to you nor did you bother to do that.

And THEN he spoke to us as a group and warned us about selling underage products because, and I quote:

"Last week I...well I suppose the company, was fined £500,000".

I pegged the kind of guy he is immediately.

And he can shove off giving the store only 5% of it's takings as a budget, and paying us minimum wage.

We get around £11,000 a week for a whole store.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

At the end, at least the LA Spanish dub, Grindelwalt literally says to Credence: "And now your brother is trying to kill you", before telling him his real name.

Credence being in love with Nagini makes me assume he's gonna be
Voldemort.

Of course I could be completely wrong.

That was admittedly a shock reveal since I had assumed that he was indeed Corvus Lestrange. But no, he can't be Voldemort as we know the true identity of Voldemort to be someone else. I suggest reading the books or at least watching all eight of the first films if you haven't already.

The thing about Nagini being a Maledictus is throwing a lot of people for a loop as well. I hadn't considered that love, more like close companionship. I am pretty oblivious when it comes to the stuff though. XD

Octane wrote:

Banladesh

Untitled

Really? I was thinking Thailand, because of Bankok.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Eel

I have seen all the movies, and I know that, but still... It could happen! He's got the smokey magic and all.

Maybe not a direct transformation, but I think they're leading up to something.

And yeah, they look very lovey dovey when we first meet her, before the circus leader stops them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

I had assumed that the whole "lovey-dovey" thing was just close friendship. I mean, they both qualify as freaks by wizarding standards, so I would assume their circumstances of mistreatment would bring them close together like that.

But in any case, I am curious as to where they're going plot-wise with those two.

...I still recommend reading the books however. The movie adaptations are excellent (except maybe Chamber of Secrets), but they still miss a fair few things.

I don't watch TV, but I keep such a close watch on my calendar/schedule that I still generally know what season it is. I will say that I don't miss the five million commercials.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic