Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 22,501 to 22,520 of 96,308

Tyranexx

The US uses a lot of artificial sweeteners and preservatives too, including abominations like corn syrup. It's really hard to find alternative products sometimes....

But yeah, some of our stuff is mondo-sweet and/or salty. I can better understand from watching my own diet how people from other countries think our food has too much sugar and whatnot.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Whenever I go to the US the one thing that always gets me is how sweet beverages are.

Iced tea in particular seems to go from "no sugar at all" straight to "2 cups of sugar in every bottle" with no in betweens.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Vinny

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@Vinny I preferred basketball, but sword fighting was fun too.

I liked the wakeboarding and airplanes games.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

Here in Indonesia you can find a lot of Junk Foods (Really Dangerous foods, not McD / KFC / Carl's Jr / etc).
Usually made by Low Economic peoples.
The foods / drinks maybe look yummy, but some of them are added with Dangerous Chemical ingredients. Let me tell you foods / drinks you should avoid in Indonesia when you see Suspicious food / drink stand.
1. Meatball. Added with Borax to make it chewy. Even worse, there was a rumour if some peoples used Rat flesh for ingredients.
2. Chicken dish. Some peoples use DEAD Chicken as ingredients, Not Fresh Chicken.
3. White Pepper. Some peoples added with Whitening powder to fool the buyer.
4. Ketchup. Made of Red Dye liquid for paper, some Rotten tomatoes.
5. Chili sauce. Made of Almost Rotten Papaya & Low quality chili.
6. Salt. Beware of very Crystalized salt because that made of Well Grinded Glass powder, Not a Salt at all.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Yosheel wrote:

Iced tea in particular seems to go from "no sugar at all" straight to "2 cups of sugar in every bottle" with no in betweens.

It’s like they have to use ALL available sugar south of the Mason-Dixon. Blegh!! I wanna taste the tea, please. Same with my coffee (straight black, 2 ice cubes)

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

There's a really old classic Mexican movie about an extremely poor widower who almost ends up killing his only son with bad chicken. Since he could only afford the cheapest chicken.

His intention was giving his son a proper Christmas dinner.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
The DEAD Chicken i meant was Chicken which died by disease or not being killed by human. In other words, a Corpse Chicken.

Anti-Matter

Eel

Roadkill is probably healthier than a diseased animal...

Then again who can say if the roadkill wasn't sick before...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Joeynator3000

Alright, I'm back home now, everything is back to normal for me. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer yeah i don't get sweet tea. I tried it once and it was offensive. How does anyone drink that?. I also dislike American Nutella, coke, etc. They make it sweeter than the overseas versions here.

@ReaderRagfish you've got issues.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

So I’m about 40-50 miles from an air base, and it’s not uncommon to see night flights of low-flight cargo planes for training hours. What is uncommon is to see a day flight of a Hercules so low that you can see its pilots in the cockpit and feel the air disrupted.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

I didn't originally even care for tea as it's almost exclusively served cold where I live. I've found that I can tolerate warm green tea with honey at least. It's now my morning pick-me-up from the Keurig machine at work since I'm not a coffee fan.

Me: Okay, you need to cut down on your backlog a bit. Don't buy any more RPGs for a while.

Also Me: Buys DQ IV on Amazon

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Awright I'm done recording Resident Evil Revelations 2. The capture card behaved and there's no corruptions... As far as I can tell...

Claire's last chapter was so short I decided to go ahead and play Barry's too. Then cut and pasted them to make two regular length episodes.

Now comes the fun part! 6 hours of rendering and probably four full nights of uploading.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

Played some Twilight Princess earlier, thawed out Zora’s Domain and filled the light vessel. I’d forgotten just how dark some parts of the game are. That cutscene with people upside down. Creepy.
Real life break now to grab groceries and then do laundry.

#MudStrongs

ogo79

Octane wrote:

They add sugar to dried fruit in the US? What kind of nonsense is that? Dried fruit is already sweet enough as it is, why would you want to add even more sugar?

leave us alone. were fat, greedy and everything in united states is nonsense. no one likes us because we take over everything. but jersey shore.
they are an embarrassment to us. we want to get rid of them

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@Yosheel
both. the place was already a hell hole, the show just poured more salt in the wound.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic