Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 22,461 to 22,480 of 96,470

ogo79

@Joeynator3000
i need a valid reason why you failed to name yer cat after a character in the castlevania series.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Joeynator3000

@ogo79 Because Sanya from Strike Witches is better. -w-

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tasuki

Mew wrote:

I just realized Sligeach disappeared.

Yeah. I heard he's buried on the New York Giants 50 yard line.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish Crystal Pepsi!! It still exists??? That's awesome! I haven't seen it in like 20 years or more. I sincerely hope those ebay sales aren't actually vintage 90s Pepsi....

The best was Pepsi Kona though around the same time. Pepsi and coffee. Best soft drink ever. Sadly it only lasted a year or so.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

Funnily enough, I have to specifically ask for unsweetened tea around here. Sweet tea is the default I guess.

This season’s Fortnite battle pass outfits and stuff are cool and Halloweeny. Looks like tomorrow I’ll be putting on a jazz vinyl and doing some challenges.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Haruki_NLI

We sell certain things at work and being depressed I had to buy a new plushie.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Eel

(After visiting the apple App Store)

Wait a second... Since when is Monster Hunter Stories a mobile game...?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

NEStalgia wrote:

oh, really? Who buried him there?

You need to ask?

I'm back from the show and loved it! It was VERY Japanese lol. They had some technical difficulties at a couple of points, but they were easily forgiveable. All of the tech coordination and choreography that went into it...whew. It's easy to see how they got the Gold Buzzer!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tasuki

@ReaderRagfish I have always liked it to be honest. (Except when they changed it and add fruit flavor to it). Then again my city was a test market for it in the 90s but I liked it. I was happy that they brought it back.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Vinny

Octane wrote:

@Vinny Is Dead Space Extraction any good?

Never played the main series titles, but extraction is a nice rail shooter.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

the_shpydar

Viewbob wrote:

Fun fact; Root Beer didn't get it's name until the prohibition, when A&W used it as a marketing tactic.

False. Root Beer dates back to at least the 19th century. When it originally began being sold commercially, it was proposed to call it "Root Tea" (as that's essentially what it was; also as the guy who began to distribute it didn't drink alcohol), but the thought was that in order to appeal to a working class market (and men in general), it was dubbed "Root Beer".

There was however a large increase in the consumption and popularity of root beer during Prohibition, but its origins, and that of its name, date back much earlier.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

HobbitGamer

Now I want to play Root Beer Tapper and watch Lawless again. Thanks.

Woohoo! It’s frydae!! And the last one of the month, at that. Throw together my summary reports for executive management then coast through till it’s time to get dinner at IHOP with my best friend. Then...Fortnite.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

LuigibrineTheGreat

I have an eye doctor appt. today.... my eyes are gonna look like I'm high for a few fours with the dilation, but at least I'll be getting new glasses for the first time in 3 years!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

HobbitGamer

Yayeah! New glasses rock hard! Can they do the exam without the dilation? I know some insurance policies require you to pay the $30-35 extra, though. Either way, that's pretty awesome, yo.

Funny bit; A few weeks ago, my office mate and I learned by accident that if we work with the ceiling lights off, our assistant presents less questions to us during the day. Now my office mate is out on medical for a month, and the past four days I've left the lights off. I just had to email her about the assistant, stating only "Ice beam no longer effective, subject has adapted to environment. Pray."

#MudStrongs

SheldonRandoms

Apparently some company is going to purchase land or something where I go to this big flea market/ultimate yard sale and turn it into a scrap yard. If this happens, this might be the final year where I can find stuff & things there : U And just when I managed to haggle something SpongeBob related!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Mew

I ate pop tarts

the official callie of nintendo life

Nintendo Network ID: SmasherMew

Mew

@ReaderRagfish Eating poptarts every day sounds like a really bad idea

the official callie of nintendo life

Nintendo Network ID: SmasherMew

Eel

It's probably no different from eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

I mean, unless you're eating like, a full box of poptarts every morning.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic